“Great find and a delicious meal”

the Flying Chestnut
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Eugenia
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2019

On my birthday a special dinner of local trout and hand made gnocci. Delicious combination of fresh vegetables and herbs all locally sourced. Attentive service. Unusual and eclectic decor made it a wonderful place for dinner but need reservations for a weekend night.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (102)

Reviewed 19 August 2019 via mobile

For the last 5 years that I have volunteered at the summerfolk festival, I have indulged in the "Indian taco/meat"..for at least one of the weekend meals. Absolutely love it, always delicious..I will one day make it to Eugenia to your restaurant..

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 30 July 2019

In all likely hood first you will need to know where Eugenia is, then make the drive...it's worth it...If you like great food and scrumptious tastes then this trek will be a treat! Chef James and his Team will leave you thinking about how soon you can come back. Make a reservation, we were there on a Thursday...fit right in at the bar and then got a table...it's clearly a cool local hang out with an incredible staff....you won't be disappointed, instead you will likely have brisket or duck or fresh trout or lamb or or or! don't say I didn't tell ya!

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank Chris E
Reviewed 10 June 2019

We were at the cottage and it was our first time at this restaurant. We were dining out for a special occasion (my Parents-in-Law 50th Anniversary) and this restaurant was hands down amazing, both service and the meal itself. I have to add that my In-laws don't really like to go out to eat, and they are already talking about going back on their own!! My In-laws and husband ordered the scallop appetizers to start and they were cooked perfectly. Accompanied by an apple salad and brown butter sauce, it was delicate and delicious. My husbands only 'issue' was that there were only 2 scallops and I made him share one with me as I had ordered the greek salad. The table was also provided with some yummy polenta fries and some foccacia bread with a flavoured butter. For the main dish my In-laws had ordered the lamb shank and my husband and I had the lake trout. I can't speak for the lamb, but both my MIL and FIL cleaned their plates, there wasn't a drop of gravy left at all. Our lake trout was divine - crispy skin and some fingerling potatoes with a pesto sauce. I didn't think it looked like a lot of food on the plate at first, but was actually quite full and my husband practically licked the plate clean. Overall we all decided that the chef and his team have tremendous talent - especially for a small restaurant tucked away at Lake Eugenia and we will be back for sure. One thing to note is that it is cash only but we were told that when making the reservation (you will need one, this place can get very busy we heard). The highest praise is my FIL telling some other family members later on about the meal and how impressed he was. Easily a 10/10 review from us. Thank you to the Flying Chestnut for a memorable meal on such a special day. We look forward to our next meal - just wish you were closer to Toronto!

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank HoneymoonerOct2010
Reviewed 5 June 2019 via mobile

First time visiting and it didn’t not disappoint. From the local picked fiddleheads to the whitefish from local Georgian Bay to the chocolate rum cake that melted in your mouth for dessert. ***** stars. We’ll be returning.

Date of visit: May 2019