“Nice clean and comfortable”

Premier Inn Newport Wales (M4, J24) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Langstone
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I booked this over the internet on the day I visited. Unfortunately the internet defaulted to a month in advance so when I arrived, I didn't have a room. The excellent male receptionist managed to find me a room. The room was clean, bed comfortable and wifi adequate. I watched a film on my iPad without problem (Sky go). There was a Beefeater next door with plenty of tables. Service was very good. Breakfast was in the Beefeater. Standard premier Inn breakfast cooked to order. Overall very good.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We stayed for 2 nights from the 11th August. Well I must say, like every visit to this premier inn, we experienced excellent customer service on the desk, smiles on the staffs faces, nothing too much trouble, so welcoming. This also includes all the cleaning staff. We use this premier inn as we have friends that live close by. The rooms are always very clean. You have a 24 hr mcDonalds across the way as well as the beefeater. The beefeater was a huge disappointment this time round. We paid for breakfast and when we went to have breakfast their were a lot of people waiting to get in the building. A lady with her family who were at a table said that she had waited over 40 mins for their breakfast. So we asked for a refund of which the premier inn staff could not apologise enough. THIS WAS NOT THE FAULT OF THE PREMIER INN ! We decided to walk over to McD's and had breakfast in there. The location of the hotel is great as you are near to all the tourist places. We would like to Thank all the staff at the premier inn for looking after us as always. We are NEVER disappointed when we stay here, and we stay a lot. We would also like to thank you for the welsh cakes on reception that we had when we came back from a night out. It was a nice touch and went well with a cup of coffee in our room. We are aiming to come and visit next month. so see you all soon. Keep up the good work ! x

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We opted not to eat in the adjoining restaurant for either dinner or breakfast, though the man on reception was doing the hard sell on both. There is a McDonald's right across from it where we got breakfast instead and we drove a few minutes away for a carvery dinner. Room was as usual with a premier inn. The windows had been left open all day which I hate but seems to be standard with budget hotels.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017

It took me an hour to get someone to take my order and then another hour for them to bring it to the table. I ordered a bottle of wine which took 20 minutes to retrieve from the bar 20 feet away! When I complained about the time taken to get my meal the waiter apologized, walked into the kitchen and immediately returned with it so it had been standing under the heat lamp for quite some time!
The hotel itself is really nice; usual premier Inn quality but I will never stay there again because of the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Visited on the way to South Wales and this was a jewel hiding away
Helpful staff and nice tidy and clean hotel
Would stay again on way to Cardiff
Close to Beefeater restaurant and McDonald's - great food and good value for money

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langstone
9.2 km away
Coldra Court Hotel
#2 of 2 in Langstone
2.4 km away
The Priory Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Premier Inn Newport Wales (M4, J24) Hotel? Share your experiences!