Premier Inn Newport Wales (M4, J24) Hotel
New Inn Hotel(Newport)
US$149
US$78
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$177
US$44
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

US$90
US$74
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

Gateway Hotel(Newport)
US$66
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

US$52
  • Restaurant
US$62
Travelodge
  • Free Internet
All reviewsbeefeater next doorroom was cleanno air conditioningmeal dealsat navbeefeater restaurantstayed for nightsconvenient locationgood nights sleepwhat it says on the tinroad noisecar parkon arrivalexcellent stayan overnight stayceltic manornight's sleep
Reviewed 1 August 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 31 July 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The first night I arrived (Monday evening) I enquiried at the reception about transport to Cardiff via train and buses into Newport. I asked the man working on the desk if the transport was suitable and easy to get to with a wheelchair. (I have very bad pain over my body and can only walk short distances with a crutch) He asked "Why? Who is using a wheelchair?" Very abruptly and I told him myself. He had the cheek to actually stand up from his chair and look me up and down and than say "you are standing there alright" I was very upset about this comment and told him "yes but I can only walk short distance" he than sat back down and went "oh right"...I was fuming! Who is he to judge how disabled I am? Also, I was in alot of pain just standing there talking to him! After that, I felt very uncomfortable walking past the reception desk and felt everytime I went pass, your staff may be judging me. I didn't feel comfortable even to approach and ask your staff any more advice after this. I wouldn't stay here again due to the rude service I received. Also, I went for the breakfast which advertised Costa coffee and they didn't even stock it. Also one of our pancakes was covered in little mouldy patches. Your staff also look frustrated at me because she had to show me how to work the hot water machine. Overall, I would never visit this premier inn again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Premier Inn Team at Premier Inn Newport Wales (M4, J24) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Hi Rowan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our Newport Wales (M4, J24) Hotel.

I'm so sorry to hear of the way the team members spoke to you whilst at the hotel and this certainly isn't what we'd expect from any of our team members and we would never want our guests to feel like they an't approach the team. We can assure you that we have passed on your feedback to the hotel management team to speak to their team members and prevent such incidents happening in the future.

I'm also sorry to hear that you didn't have a good breakfast experience due to the hotel not stocking Costa coffee as advertised and that your pancakes were mouldy, we do hope that you brought this up with the team, but we can assure you that we will be passing on your feedback to the restaurant management team about this experience.

Please accept our sincere apologies again for the experience that you have had and I do hope that you can give us another chance in the future.

Kind regards,
James

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions in the past & was pleasantly suppressed to see it had been refurbished, The rooms are well furnished & exceptionally clean, however given it was 22 degrees outside I could not work out how the hotel was hotter than hell inside. They had supplied a fan & a letter about "the unpredictable nature of UK weather" nevertheless this did not contribute to me getting a good nights sleep. It's such a shame air con hadn't been installed during what must have been quite recent improvements. I had an evening meal in the adjacent Beefeater & was grateful as I had arrived quite late but on reflection I would have been better of going to McDonalds, the meal was way below the standard of other Beefeaters (which tend to be average at best). Breakfast in the morning was ok but service was slow given the place wasn't at all busy, When I informed the staff there was no Coffee the waitress argued with me & told me there was some in another flask! (Premier Inn advertise Costa Coffee on all their literature) needless to say the other flask was empty. Eventually it was replenished by with what tasted like tepid instant Coffee. Overall impression Could Try Harder!!!

Room Tip: Book in the Winter
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel with a great pub attached, food was lovely and the atmosphere, the hotel was clean and spacious and ideal position straight off M4, we have stayed here 3 times now and would definitely stay here again

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Tony R, Manager at Premier Inn Newport Wales (M4, J24) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the great comments about our Hotel and the Beefeater restaurant next door. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I will pass your comments on to our team members. Thank you once again for your review and we hope to see you back in the future.