“Always room for Improvement”

Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hanley
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed here on several occassions and always enjoyed my stay. The rooms are decorated to a reasonably good standard and always clean.
I ate in the bar and the restaurant and also ordered room service. Starting with Room Service, dont bother with the menu in your room you'll find most of items on the menu are not available.
Eating in the "restaurant" was comical, overheard a waitress asking "what does Soup De Jour" means to be told by the manager "I don't know".
The only reason I went to the "restaurant" was because the service in the Bar was so slow. This hotel has the making of providing a good service but lacks direction.
The staff are friendly and are helpful as they can be but you feel that all staff including managment could do with some training in how to operate more effectively.

An example is that in the busy bar there is one person serving drinks and taking food orders from behind the bar and having to carry out all usaul bar duies, clearing tables etc and then having to leave the bar go downstairs to pick up food orders, leaving the busy bar often unattended.
At the same time you also have a barely empty restaurant with three waitresses standing around talking doing very little. It doesnt take a brain surgoen to figure out the solution to this hotels problems so why can't they ?

Room Tip: If staying at the weekend stay away from rooms to the front of the hotel as this is the usually nois...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,258)

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed for one night with friends. Staff very friendly, room not bad but just a few niggles. The mattress was very lumpy felt like the springs had come through. Shared a twin room but we only had one bath towel. Rooms were also very hot and we could not open the window. On a positive note the staff were very polite, we came in late at 2.00am and the bar was closed. However they were willing to make us coffee's. Breakfast was lovely and plenty of it. The price was very reasonable £57.00 for a twin with breakfast. I would stay again because the location is excellent, just would like a new mattress and more towels

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed here just over 12 months ago and were pretty impressed - room and service excellent. Based on our experience we book again recently for two nights - what a difference but not for the better! On arrival the hotel didn't have us booked in, despite us having a confirmation. Service desk didn't seem tall that bothered if we had a room for the night or not. Room we were given was poor - torn carpet, shabby bathroom and broken TV. Complained, no interest "ask the day shift", did ask - no action taken but did receive excuse why TV couldn't be changed. Tried to have a drink in the bar but the bar staff were 'running errands' for the rather unhelpful desk staff. On checking out they tried to charge us double the rate agreed on the confirmation (they still hadn't found the original booking). All in all a hotel to avoid.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lancaster_Wanderers
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights while doing a course in Stoke. The first room we had was small with very dated furniture but it was warm, clean and comfortable and very quiet. We did have a problem with the shower in the morning though as it was only a trickle. We said to Stephen on the desk and he was very helpful and changed rooms for us which we moved to when we came back at tea time. This room was much larger, colder but with the same dated furniture. The bathroom was large and modern but there was a lot of noise that night as they had a function so we didn't really get much sleep. There are many good points about the hotel but it does need refurbed and brought up to date.

When we arrived we were told the card payment which had been made the weekend before had been declined and if I had come without my switch card I would not have been able to pay.. I did ask why they didn't phone me before my arrival to inform me but they didn't know why... Not a bad stay but think we would stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2012

If you like a hotel with no charm, no service and little interest by staff , then stay here. Rates cheap but you have to look after yourself, I had to put my own rubbish out by the door and. Have my own linen. I am fairly easy going and travel a lot, however this is amongst the worst service I have received ever

Room Tip: Pick another hotel if you have to stay in this town
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank bevvy_babe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanley
1.1 km away
3.1 km away
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent? Share your experiences!