“Great meal”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2017

We had a great meal at this local eat eatery. The steak was one of the best my husband has eaten. He had the rump steak. The creme brulee never disappoints. My chicken with brie and cranberry was delicious, a lovely combination. The service was quick on a busy night.

1  Thank GigiJenkin

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to Al's Place in Rondebosch this evening. The menu has a wide range of steaks, woodfired oven pizzas and seafood dishes. For my starter I chose a delicious bowl of mussels in a white wine and cream broth with a couple of slices of toasted baguette- delicious! My husband thoroughly enjoyed his garlic snails. Both at R59.00. Our pizzas were thin based with fresh, generous toppings, very good and we were charged R85.00 instead of the R99.00 on the menu. I think this was because we were there before 7pm. Leanne coped very well with service at all the tables on the restaurant- they were surprised at having a full house on a Wednesday! We'll definitely be back to try the East Coast soles and the roast Pekin duck. A great neighbourhood bistro.

1  Thank mkossie
Reviewed 23 January 2017

The place is quite retro, in a good way.
The menu features pizza, pasta, steak & fish - pretty much.
But, all done perfectly like you do not often find. Lots of lovely little touches, from the generous classes of wine to the startlingly good home made desserts.

1  Thank timefly
Reviewed 14 January 2017

Based on the many good reviews, we chose Al's Place for a large family dinner. We were warmly welcomed by Al & Olga. We had a wonderful and relaxed evening. Each dish was delicious. Our waittress, Lee Anne, was most efficient. She and Al often stopped by to check that all was in order. Altogether a marvellous choice, and we certainly intend going back frequently.

1  Thank LindyluSouthAfrica
Reviewed 31 December 2016

On our way to a Baxter show, we quickly Googled for a restaurant on TripAdvisor and found Al's Place and decided to give it a go as the reviews very pretty good.

All expectations were exceeded. The food were great, juicy steaks and tender calamari but what was really great was to meet Al in person and the special attention received from Al and Lee-Ann throughout the meal. Love the "Al" posters in the restaurant and general homely feel.

Would definitely recommend and will be back! So glad we found this gem.