“Outstanding food”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Cumwhitton
Price range: US$21 - US$42
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Pheasant Inn at Cumwhitton is a Traditional 17th Century Inn offering fantastic food, superb wine and local real ales. With origins in part over 300 years old, the Inn is, as you would expect, full of atmosphere and charm with oak beams, nooks, crannies and a crackling log fire. Come and join us for the evening.
Reviewed 22 October 2020 via mobile

We cannot praise the pheasant pub in Cumwhitton enough. Pete Kate and team Have really turned their amazing food to absolutely outstanding. Service is friendly and fast. Very much worth a visit .

Date of visit: October 2020
Write a reviewReviews (168)

Reviewed 3 October 2020

A roaring fire and warm welcome greeted us on a horrible, wet night. We were given a choice of tables which were spaced apart and our wet coats were hung up for us.
We have been coming to the Pheasant for 35 years now and never had a bad meal, tonight was no exception, it was delicious. My husband had the bacon wrapped chicken in a roll with salad and chips and I had the pork on a sweet potato mash with vegetables and a side of chips. Both were beautifully presented and so tasty. We hadn't had a starter as we both wanted a dessert and knew we couldn't eat both! My husband had the rice pudding and I had the sticky toffee pudding, again, both were delicious.
All health and safety issues were addressed and we felt very safe there. The owner and staff were friendly and welcoming. We would definitely recommend a meal here and wet certainly be back before long.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 31 August 2020 via mobile

Excellent food, service was brilliant and even though the way of the world at the minute the atmosphere is still brilliant. Highly recommended if you are looking for quality food with excellent service.

Reviewed 23 August 2020

This was our first night out since lockdown and couldn’t have chosen a better place to go. The food was exceptional and the staff really friendly and attentive. Although Covid procedures were all in place It felt like a normal evening with a relaxing atmosphere. Our first visit here but definitely not our last.

Reviewed 14 August 2020

Went for a meal on Wednesday 12 August and had the most wonderful evening. The food was definitely the best I have had in a long time.
I have never been to a restaurant that I could have chosen anything off the menu and thoroughly enjoyed it, but here at The Pheasant I was spoilt for choice.
I had the brie to start with which was cooked to perfection and then fillet steak to follow, served the way I like it with lightly battered onion rings and the most wonderful homemade chips. The steak itself was truly amazing.
I wish I had room for a pudding.

I wish I could give 10 stars because The Pheasant truly deserves them.
If you go for a meal you will not be disappointed.