“Almost There sports tavern Restaurant”

Almost There Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I came here during my summer vacation with nine people, three adults and six children. The place is right off Hwy 16 in the white mountains. Has inside and outside seating. The only thing I did not like at this place was my waitress, she was old and mean! Right after seating us, she just came off as an A------. She took our drink orders, then our meal orders, talked to us in nasty tones. My party and I made remarks quietly about how mean and rude she was and that we should get a new waitress. Well a few minutes later we ended up getting a new waitress by chance and the new waitress served us our drinks and meals for the remaining time we were there. The food was amazing, we weren't expecting that after the rough start with the first waitress but I can't complain the food was really good! I would definitely recommend giving this place a try. My family and I will be back when in the area again.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I have seen many people in there at times, but once i was in there it just seemed dirty.
the food was frozen, it was like a place where no one cared.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My family stopped here after a long day of hiking & exploring along the Kancamagus highway. I looked on TripAdvisor for recommendations nearby & we chose Almost There. So glad we did! It's small and 1/2 of the room is a bar, but it didn't feel like a bar or like our family with 3 young kids were out of place. All of the staff were friendly. I had a cheeseburger with bacon & blue cheese crumbles. It was delicious! It was a "real" patty, not preformed & frozen. The burger was juicy. My husband had a chili dog which was huge. The kids had chicken fingers & a cheeseburger. The chicken fingers were real white meat chicken & the cheeseburger was a smaller version of mine. Every thing was delicious & filling. Atmosphere & staff were friendly & laid back.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Always delicious, always fresh and always great service . I got the Cajun fish wrap and French fries for 8.99.. so also a great price... If in the area it a quaint laid back must try.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We had burgers and beer. Both were very good. Local beer was Tuckermans Pale Ale. Typical pub menu, good service.