All reviews the main house steak games room outdoor pool four poster record player rolling countryside beautiful hotel great country bottle of prosecco dinner bed and breakfast garden centre groupon deal lady on reception afternoon tea two courses young staff
Reviewed 21 August 2016

We came here to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary whilst we were visiting the UK for a funeral. Using a groupon voucher on our last night before flying back to Spain.

Our stay included dinner for 2 but we had to have Sunday lunch as there was no evening meal available, which was a shame for us as an evening meal was what we had hoped for, it meant we had to arrive earlier than planned to benefit from the deal. The lunch was very good and we also tried the local white wine which was lovely.

Newly refurbished the manor house has a lovely feel to it, the grounds are well kept, pool area is great. Games room was still a work in progress. the local countryside around us was beautiful and we enjoyed fabulous views.

Email communication with Kate was prompt and informative on booking a week before arrival.The staff was friendly and helpful, especially the manager who had to leave early on the Monday morning to go back to Bath (sorry forgot his name). We brought our own bottle of bubbly and it was chilled for us and we were allowed to take our own cheese & biscuits into the drawing room in the evening, but I guess that was because there was no meals available. And breakfast was plentiful with a good selection of both hot and cold.

Overall, we loved the place and would love to stay again, only thing I was disappointed about was that even though it was our Silver Wedding and the information was given at the time of booking, we received no complimentary room upgrade or prosecco as a gesture.

I can see when this is finished, it will be a real treat for anyone coming to stay.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2016

The title of my review really says it all.

There has been a lot of investment in this hotel and we were very impressed with the fixtures and fittings which made the venue quite eye catching. The views are beautiful and there is even a nice warm outdoor pool.

The rooms are very comfortable and the food is well cooked and plentiful.

As the hotel is new there are minor teething problems with inexperienced staff and supervision. If they get this right which I hope they do it will make a good hotel in to a great one.

I wish them well as this really is a place well worth visiting.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

We booked using a Groupon voucher. I'm not proud to hide it either.
Booking the room was easy and Callum was very helpful. Our arrival in the sunniest day was delightful. We were shown to our 4 poster room and the views were amazing.
The girl on reception ( don't know her name) was really helpful and gave us pool towels ..
We quickly found the outdoor pool and weren't disappointed. It's in a walled garden and secluded. However, other couples had the same idea and there was a lack of sun loungers (only 5) so one of us lay on the grass.
Pre dinner drinks on the patio were perfect and it was lovely to meet Callum in the flesh and found him entertaining but stressed.
The deal included 1 course meal with wine and we added a starter and dessert.
The staff were on the whole very pleasant but as previous reviews have stated, they seem over stretched, which is a shame.
If I was going to be critical a few points I could raise.. Could staff wear name badges? Robes in the rooms would be an added bonus and hotel information pack regarding fire exits/ meal times.. I couldn't find one in the room anywhere.
Would we visit again...... DEFINITELY!'

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

We visited for an overnight break utilising a groupon voucher. The hotel is quaint, quiet and well set out with everything you could need. I appreciate that it has been recently taken over so 'teething' problems are inevitable. Upon arrival the room was not ready, not a major problem but the staff could have signposted facilities available. I felt the quality of the room was good.

The staff appeared to be a bit stretched especially at breakfast with the waiter running around the restaurant which was a bit unsettling. This will improve with time I imagine. There was an issue with the final bill however they did honor our concerns without major fuss.

A very promising hotel that is good which will be great in time..

1  Thank pjr2200
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

We visited for my husbands birthday treat staff were friendly and helpful and the location is lovely close to Hereford and Ross on Wye
I can see there have been lots of improvements made, the swimming pool area was lovely although the "small gym" only contained 2 pieces of equipment
What was as shame was the lack of attention to detail, our breakfast table was laid out lovely but had not been previously wiped and we both had to brush crumbs off our chairs before sitting down. In addition to this my bath towel had a couple of massive stains on it! Bedding was very creased (although was clean)
We had an afternoon tea outside which was OK although the bread was not as fresh as it could have been.
As I said overall the staff were nice and friendly but the manager should be checking the standards as this will affect the reputation eventually.