7,762 results
All reviews platinum club murphy bed cliff jump infinity pool time share platinum service convention center bedroom suite kids club water shoes boogie boards italian restaurant per device vacation club family vacation main pool fire show
Reviewed 1 February 2017

We enjoyed our stay at the El Cid Spa and Beach Resort The Food was excellent and the Staff was Friendly and helpful. The ground were well maintained and beautiful. The Staff was accommodating and would send us a golf cart to help my wife who has arthritis in her knees.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank kennethr0bertl
RichardBustamante, Manager at Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Dear family:
It is great to read that you had a nice vacation with us and enjoyed everything that Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort has to offer.
All our staff do their best to exceed our guest's expectations and I will be so glad to share your comments with all our team.
Thank you again for your stay with us and for your kind comments amigos.
At El Cid there is something for everyone, esta es su casa familia!!

Reviewed 1 February 2017

I fell in love with this resort almost ten years ago, it is the perfect get away! Most of all I like that it is not in or near Cancun. The entire staf is exceptional and the accommodations are lovely and well kept.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank 574sharonf

Dear friends:
It is so nice to read that you spent a wonderful vacation in our resort.
For us at El Cid, the satisfaction of our guests is our main goal.
We look forward to seeing you all again in a near occasion and thank you again for your excellent comments and for choosing Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort as your travel destination.
Best wishes amigos, Muchas gracias!!!

Reviewed 31 January 2017

People are super helpful, wait service at all restaurants are very nice. We were vey impressed especially with a waiter named Argenis at the buffet, he always had a smile on his face and greeted us like family.

Room tip: All rooms are excellent, we had a quiet corner suite.
2  Thank Berty S
RichardBustamante, Manager at Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Dear friends:
How very nice of you to share your wonderful comments with us.
We aim to ensure our guests stay is as comfortable as possible and thank you also for your compliments for Argenis and for the rest of our team, I would be happy to share your comments with them.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor and for preferring Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort.
Warm regards from El Cid staff, hasta pronto!!

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Just got back from the Marina El Cid on Friday the 27th of January. There were some good and bad things about the resort. First I will mention the good things.

1) The Food. The ala cartes were very good. We went to the Mediterranean, Italian and Mexican restaurants. All superb.
2) The Grounds. All very well done and kept up. Probably the best I have seen at any resort.
3)The Staff. All very friendly and helpful.

Now the things I did not like:
1) Time Share pushiness. This alone is the reason I will not come back to this resort. We were accosted at the airport. My wife and I were tired and we were stopped by some people and they had the El Cid badge on them. I thought they were just a welcoming party. Boy was I wrong! Before you know we had paid $50 for some "perks", and were told we would get our money back when we go to the resort....when we got there they said we would get it back the next morning, but would have to attend an hour and a half presentation. We showed up and I was already fuming, but my wife said that we can survive this and should continue. After about 15 minutes and having been asked us for ID and to look at my credit card about four times, my wife lost it and exploded and asked for out money back. I didn't say a word. In any case it put a damper on the rest of our stay. THIS ALONE WILL PREVENT US from ever going to this resort again.
2) Rocky Beach. The actual beach is nice but when you get into the water there are a lot of rocks. Could only go in when there was no wind which was only on one day.

I am sure other people will have different experiences than ours, but I had to be honest.

Don

6  Thank Don O

Dear guests:
Thank you for sharing your comments on this site and for visiting our resort.
Your feedback is very important and useful for us and we are always improving our resort on the aspects that are in our hands and thank you also for your positives.
We hope to serve you again amigos and thank you again for your review, for your feedback and for choosing Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort.
Esta es su casa amigos and we are at your service anytime!!

Reviewed 30 January 2017

see below. Very nice resort all around, Second time that I've been here. The only awkward part is getting from the airport in Cancun to the resort. There were too many taxi companies trying to pressure us to take their cab over som other service but after that and after arriving at the EL Cid everything else was of the highest standards. The grounds are extaordinairiy pretty and well groomed at the El Cid. The wildlife sounds and sights are beautiful. The pools are clean and warm. Bars are plentiful. Restaurants are, of course, the best part and the service in the restaurants is top shelf. I might come here with all my 9 kids and 18 grandkids if I can arrange it both schedule-wise and financially. I meant to stop in to ask about group rates but missed out on such an opportunity. It looked like other's youngsters staying and playing at the resort were really loving it.

Room tip: Yes, room tips were left by me on a daily basis. I was never pressured to leave tips.
4  Thank williamfrancisd
RichardBustamante, Manager at Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Dear friends:
Thank you for such a nice review, we are very glad to learn that you enjoyed your vacation with us.
We thank you also for taking the time to share your experience on this site.
We look forward to serving you and your wife in a near occasion at Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort.
Esta es su casa amigos and best wishes!!