8,812 results
All reviewsbluewater grillthe blue water grillmarket cafepreferred clubpreferred poollemongrass restaurantcibu restaurantentertainment teammain poollobby bartropical viewfrench restaurantbali bedspreferred statuspreferred guestocean frontjuan carlos
Reviewed 9 December 2010

We had never been out of the United States and were very nervous about our trip. The minute we arrived at the resort all our fears melted away. We were treated like a king and queen from the minute we arrived until we left. The staff at the resort treated us like old friends. We were amazed at how they remembered your name. The resort went beyond our expectation. It was very clean and beautiful. Even the restrooms were amazing. The food at the resort restaurants was delicious and the service was liking nothing I had ever experienced before (great). We have been to many oceans in the states but this experience spoiled us. Our Beach Concierge even came to see us the morning we left to say goodbye. We will be going back and hopefully soon!! It was an amazing vacation!! I have nothing bad to say about our trip except watch out for the timeshare people at the airport when you arrive.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jenjen93
NowSapphireRC, E Concierge at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2010

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for sharing your comments & beautiful pictures on Tripdavisor. All the comments are shared with the hotel staff, they will be pleased to know they were able to assist you.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and your very gracious comments about our hotel services, facilities and the friendly staff. We are honored that you chose The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun for your vacation, and we look forward in having you as a guest again.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 9 December 2010

We had stayed here before and thought it was ok but this time the staff Antino, Izreal, Megil, and Irving and all of the resturant staff made our trip the best. This place is very nice and unless you go preferred you will not get an ocean view room so don't think you will. The food and drinks were excellent and the speciality resturants are very classy and the food was great. The pools were a little cool but clean, the enterainment was ok but I go to bed early so that didn't matter to me. I highly recommend this resort. Just remember no matter where you go if you don't have a good time it is your own fault.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tony37093
NowSapphireRC, E Concierge at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2010

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your feedback and for complimenting the team on their great service, specially Antonio, Israel, miguel and Irving. We have shared your comments with them and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2010

First of all, the hotel is absolutely stunning. There are fountains and pools throughout the entire hotel and the landscaping is beautiful. This is a large property so unless you get a close building, be prepared to do some walking! We were in building 10 and it was a pretty good haul back and forth.
The staff in the restaurants and bars go out of their way to make you comfortable and they are very friendly. The swimming pool area is huge and winds around a large area and there are plenty of lounge chairs. The beach was kept very clean and they cleaned/raked it a couple times per day. There is a small amount of seaweed that washes up, but it is not bothersome since they are constantly raking it away. There are also plenty of lounge chairs and straw palapas. We did not have to reserve one or hunt for one at all.
FOOD- Better than we expected from the reviews! We ate at the buffet a few times, at the Japanese restaurant one night, the Bluewater Grill another night, Mexican rest. one night and they had a Caribbean dinner show another night. They were all very good with the Japanese being my favorite!
ENTERTAINMENT- There are various daytime activities planned each day (volleyball, crafts, fashion show etc) Each night they have something planned (casino night, cigar rolling). We saw an International dance show, an Elvis impersonator/comedian (my fav!) and the carribbean dinner/show. Also a band in the lobby each night. This is not a wild party atmosphere, so dont expect it. We went into the "Fun Club Disco" and it was pretty tame in there as well. Most people take a cab to Playa or Cancun for the night club atmosphere.
Also, two nights a week they rent out a small area to local vendors so they can sell their stuff. Be ready to be approached and get ready to haggle! The prices are very negotiable, for example, I bought a piece of jewelry that started out at $150 for $20. If you are not into this type of thing, just say no thank you and keep walking!
STAFF- The bartenders are so nice and they go out of their way to make you happy. We tried so many new drinks and they use top shelf alcohol if you ask! (Cappuchino with Baileys and the Espresso Martini in the lobby bar is to die for!!!) The waiters in the restaurants are so accomodating and they go out of their way to get you whatever you need/want) We were very happy with housekeeping as well. I called the front desk for batteries for our tv remote and they brought them with in a half hour.
The only major complaint I have with the Sapphire is this.... when we first arrived, and after we checked in, the front desk sends you over to the hotel VIP package person who tries to tell you how they are going to give you $200 of wonderful vouchers for free....as long as you use them on their terms and for the services they want you to use them on...Nothing but hype! Then they try to get you to set up a tour for their sister hotels...and start pushing the activity tours, spa services etc.... I wasnt in the mood to hear about it, especially since we had just arrived. We were then sent over to our Apple representative to set up our transfer time back to the airport. This also turned into a sales pitch for the tours and activities. By this time I was very annoyed! Seriously....we are on vacation. Leave us alone! This was a HUGE turnoff.
After a couple days there, we decided to book the shopping excursion trip thru the Apple rep (Amstar). This was supposed to be a trip into Puerto Morelos and Playa del Carmen for a few hours of shopping. The 5th avenue in Playa is something to see....thousands of vendors and street activities going on. Very interesting. I was mainly looking forward to seeing the liitle fishing town of Puerto Morelos. For some reason, they skipped that part of the trip completely and I was very disappointed! We mentioned it to the Apple rep, but he didnt seem that concerned.
Oh well! I guess you dont always get what you pay for!
All in all, I would recommend the Sapphire. Its a gorgeous place and I would go back!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank leDeal
NowSapphireRC, E Concierge at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2010

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your review on your recent trip to Now Saphire Riviera Cancun, we are honored that you chose our property . Your feedback is very important to us and to future clients, I will share your feedback with the hotel staff.

Your positive comments about our food, bars, restaurants and the outstanding service provided by our friendly staff are greatly appreciated and will happily share with the rest of our Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun. Thank you.

Regarding your comment about the Travel Club, we regret that you felt pushed to visit the other property, the travel club is unlimited vacation which offer several programs for all the travels who are interested in staying in different destination, at any time with hotel discounts, type of room, airlines discounts, their intention was not to make you feel bad, however we will share your comment with them so they can know the guest perception.

We hope to welcome you to Now Saphire Riviera Cancun soon again

Reviewed 6 December 2010

I have traveled to Mexico several times during the past 10 years and was extremely pleased with this property. We traveled Dec 1-5, three friends celebrating our birthdays. We were greeted with champagne and cool refreshing cloths. We decided to upgrade to an oceanfront room with preferred amenities. The private pool was beautiful and relaxing. We felt it was well worth it. Our room was beautiful, and housekeeping was prompt bringing a roll away bed. There were several wedding going on and they were fun to observe. Used the spa 2 for 1 special and was very pleased. We went about half hour early to use the other facilities at the spa. It was very relaxing. We never waited for a table at the restaurants, didn't eat at Asian, but enjoyed the other restaurants. Only complaint was Mediterranean restaurant was too cold. The outside deck was being replaced so the outdoor dining was not available. Overall we felt the value was great, service was outstanding. I would recommend this property and definately plan on returning with husband and group of friends

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank plzgoaway
NowSapphireRC, E Concierge at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2010

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thanks very much for your nice words, it is always a huge accomplishment for our staff and management to hear that our guests liked the hotel and even more that they had a great stay.

Also great to hear you are planing to coming back with your husband and friends, it will be a plesure to welcome you at our hotel.

Have a great day and thank you once again for your feedback.

Besr regards,

Reviewed 3 December 2010

First let me say I did travel to Mayan Riviera many times.I have never been so disapointed in hotel as at this one.Front desk ..well lets just say all should be not working with clients/people.Our room was changed 3 times after wait till 8:30pm on the day of arrival. Room number 3 was with holes in the wall,no pictures but nails still in the wall,.......not clean.The grounds are dark and at night if you are in the building far away from restaurants it is not fun to walk to your room.I did not enjoy this vacation at all-I spoke with front desk manager about my expirience but it was like talking to the wall.The best was staff at the buffet restaurants.Always welcome with a smile and my 5 year old child enjoyed having all meals there.Kids club ....should be closed immeiately for unsafe rooms. This hotel is on a great beach and could be one of best hotels but needs huge improvment...and change in staff attitude.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank katarzyna2010
NowSapphireRC, E Concierge at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2010

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for sharing your comments on tripdavisor, they were addressed to the hotel staff in order to improve our services.

I apologize for our shortcomings which have marred your impression of Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, I hope that you may give us a chance to regain your confidence in the hotel and welcome you back in the future.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide your valuable comments.