8,985 results
All reviews bluewater grill the blue water grill market cafe preferred club preferred pool lemongrass restaurant entertainment team main pool lobby bar tropical view french restaurant bali beds preferred status preferred guest ocean front juan carlos other resorts
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My husband and I, and my sister and her husband spent a week at Now Sapphire in March 2012, this was our second trip to Mexico, had been to Cuba and the DR before, we all agree that Mexico is the best. The Now Sapphire, has everything you would want, great beach, nice rooms, great services, and the food was the best. You could go to the alcartes everynight, and no reservations needs, we loved this, the maids did a great job of keeping your room clean, lots of towels, stocked fridge everyday. The staff are all so friendly, and helpful, even the front desk staff were great! I would go back to this resort in a heartbeat, the beach bar staff are the best!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank PEICouple1
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Just returned from the Now Sapphire resort from May 12th to May 19th.Went their for a little peace and relaxation and my wifes b-day.The resort is beautiful and you cant say enough good things about the staff.We were treated like royalty.Every staff person from the adults pool to the beach personnel to the restaurants gave us the best service possible.Israel and Antonio at the adults only pool are very attentive at all times and take care of all your needs.Ivan at the beach is also a very nice and respectful person.Miguel and Rosy at the lobby bar are awsome too.From the time we checked in at the preferred club lounge till the day we checked out we were looked after.Very happy we made this choice to visit this resort.For those who are looking for the crystal clear waters puerto morelos doesnt have them do to the reefs being so close to shore but the beach is still awsome.You will have to go into cancun or towards playa del carmen for those beaches.We have stayed in cancun twice and the riviera twice so we have had the best of both.I wouldnt recommend this resort if i didnt like it, its a beautiful place.Your going to get good and bad reviews but more good than bad so its up to you to see for yourself and make that decision.Also the food is excellent for being an all inclusve.You wont regret it.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1212 a corner unit with jungle view and it was perfect second floor room close to the beach,spa,aduls only pool and restaurants.
3  Thank Fernando E
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Just got back from a 5 night stay at the Now Sapphire and it was awesome! I was a little nervous as this was my first trip to Mexico, but it lived up to the hype! My GF and I were there from May 14-19, 2012...here are some notes from the trip:

1. Preferred Club - Definitely the way to go. We were so well taken care of both at the preferred pool, preferred beach area and everywhere else. The preferred lounge is a nice place to go for snacks and to make your own stiff drink! The preferred breakfast area is a beautiful place to have breakfast! Right on the ocean. It's also nice to have the jacuzzi on your balcony.

2. Room - The room was nice. We had the ocean front room and were not disappointed at all! The maid service did a good job and the fridge was stocked daily. The wifi was a little spotty but it worked ok. You can get wifi on the beach, in the room and in the lobby. It doesn't work most other places throughout the resort.

3. Restaurants - The buffet along with the alacarte restaurants were pretty good! The Mexican restaurant was my least favorite. The Lemongrass was amazing. Try the hibachi grill. Paramour was very nice inside but the food was only ok. We ordered room service a couple of times and the food was good!

4. Service - The service was top notch. We were amazed at how friendly everyone was! Israel in the preferred pool is very gracious and willing to help with anything! Jesus was working the bar on the beach and was a very friendly kid and easy to talk to.

5. Tips - Don't be afraid to tip a little bit! I know it's all inclusive however it helps to give a dollar here and there.

6. Ocean - The ocean was nice. Don't expect big waves as they break out on the reef. The water was warm and very relaxing.

5  Thank Jeff G
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We just got married at Now Sapphire and it was amazing. We had a preferred room and that was nice b/c it gave us access to the adult pool and the preferred lounge. The service was outstanding, big shout out to Jesus and Israel for being awesome. This is a nice resort, it is not for college kids wanting to party all night. We were back in our room by ten almost every night but we are also early risers. Beautiful resort, highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank XRAY4
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband and I recently returned from our honeymoon, so of course we had a great week of relaxation in Mexico! Even with sunburns and upset stomachs we had a blast! However, I have stayed at other resorts that were much nicer than this one.

POSITIVES:
+ The STAFF is amazing. Friendly, energetic, and always helpful and smiling. Can't say enough.
+ The LOCATION is great because it is so close to the airport, only about 15-20 mins
+ Some of the ENTERTAINMENT was fantastic

NEGATIVES:
- We didn't like how the "preferred" guests had special priviledges i.e. bringing snacks to the beach, reserved cabanas (not even an option for the "non-preferred" guests), comfortable lounge chairs, and preferred spots on the beach.
- We wanted to eat outside at the sushi restaurant and we were told that in order to do so, we had to order a bottle of wine (which costs extra of course). We could have been seated immediately if so, otherwise we had to wait an hour. This was especially upsetting since we were seated outside the night prior without this requirement.
- The entertainment was great one night and not good the next night. It would be nice if this was consistent.
- We were also upset because we wanted to participate in the non-motorized water sports, which we were told would be free of charge. What we weren't told was that we could only participate during the scheduled times on the itinerary. Snorkeling was not ever scheduled and kayaking occurred at the same time as other activities we wanted to do. When I went to do the "sailing demo" I was told that I had to sign up for a time the following day and that it would only be a 5 minute ride to try and sell me the paid sailing experience.

Overall, fun vacation but probably just because it was our honeymoon. The resort needs updates in the pool area (chipping tiles) and also needs some renovation overall.

2  Thank Katie M