My fiancé and I went with his parents to Now Sapphire from Feb 25 - March 3.
We are planning on getting married at the resort in July so we went to check out the resort and meet with the wedding coordinator.
The first few days were great. We upgraded to preferred ocean front and were very happy with the check in, room, private pool and perks. We also really enjoyed the food and had a great meeting with Anel our wedding coordinator.
However, we had many negative experiences with Israel at the preferred pool. He was very rude to us on many occasions. Everyday there seemed to be something that he had against us and was intentionally being rude to my fiancé and I, on one occasion he kicked us out of the preferred pool because we had arrived 10 minutes before it opened. We would also order drinks that would never arrive and we would have to go and reorder at the bar ourselves. We were also disappointed with how dated the resort is. The beautiful columns that you can see around the pool in online pictures really don’t look like that, many are missing and wrapped in caution tape and there are many missing/chipped tiles around the pool. The furniture in the lobby and restaurants are very worn and need to be replaced
The resort was also over booked. They made numerous attempts to transfer people out of the resort to Now Jade, Dreams and Secrets. It made you feel very unimportant. Eventually my we became so upset with the staff and quality of the resort we transferred to Secrets Silversands. This process was full of even more issues. My fiancés parents were transferred without any issues, however my fiancé and I went on a tour that day and when we returned to Now Sapphire to collect our belongings and transfer to Secrets we were told that Now Sapphire never arranged for our transfer. We were told that Secrets was now overbooked and we had to now stay at Now Sapphire, even though my fiancés parents had already been transferred. After my fiancé had made several attempts to correct the situation we took our own taxi to Secrets, when we arrived Secrets was able to give us a room next door to his parents no problem. I guess they really weren’t overbooked after all. Then again when trying to get to the airport from Secrets, Now Sapphire was supposed to cover all transportation that never did show up. We had to cover our own taxi to the airport instead of receiving the shuttle that was included in our package.
Without having to be said my fiancé and are very disappointed with Now Sapphire and are having regrets about booking our wedding there for the summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Sapphire Riviera cancun Set in a tropical landscape of palm trees, soft sand and sparkling azure sea, combining a AAA Four Diamond award designation with Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities, Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun redefines all-inclusive and offers the perfect escape for families with teens and tweens, couples and friends. Our Unlimited-Luxury(R) experience at Now Sapphire, where everything is included, is redefining all-inclusive. Spacious rooms and suites are graciously appointed and luxuriously equipped with amenities. Active and lively settings provide entertainment for guests of all ages, including kids, teens and tweens with the supervised Explorer's Club for Kids with Red Cross certified staff and Core Zone Teens Club. It's all wristband-free! At Now Sapphire, these amenities include: Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required Unlimited international & domestic top-shelf spirits Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks 24-hour room, 24-hour Coco Cafe & concierge services Pool and beach wait service Daily refreshed mini-bar with soft drinks, juice, bottled water & beer Daily maid service Endless daytime activities and nightly entertainment Theme parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues No wristbands required All taxes and gratuities Enjoy free Wi-Fi and free international calling to the US, Canada and Mexico with Unlimited Connectivity. The mobile app also allows guests to view the schedules of all events, activities and restaurants at the resort, plus to learn about local destinations, excursions, and much more Unlimited-Luxury(R) for reconnecting every generation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Stayforlong S.L., LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Expedia and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Riviera Maya
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort
- Paradisus Cancun
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico