8,948 results
All reviews bluewater grill the blue water grill market cafe preferred club preferred pool lemongrass restaurant cibu restaurant entertainment team main pool lobby bar tropical view french restaurant bali beds preferred status preferred guest ocean front juan carlos
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We just returned from our fifth vacation to Now Sapphire. Each time we think it won’t be as good as the last but it just keeps getting better. We went with three other couples and all stayed Preferred . You will not find a friendlier atmosphere anywhere. We have traveled to Mexico one or two times a year for the past eighteen years and Now Sapphire is by far the best vacations we’ve experienced. We’ve stayed at bigger, smaller, fancier, newer, adults only, many different resorts but this is our favorite Sapphire is not too big but big enough. The food selection is great. The grounds are beautiful and everything is easily accessible. We particularly like the Preferred Private Pool area. I cannot say enough good things about Israel and Ivan who are over the preferred pool and beach areas. All the bartenders are great but especially Antonio and Angel - they are the best. We have grown so fond of all these people I’m not sure we would want to go back if they were not there. The entertainment is good with something always going on. Last November when we were there it rained one day all day and it turned out to be one of the most fun days we had, You will not be disappointed with this resort - unless you don’t like to laugh and have a good time. Maybe we will see you there next time!! We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank 12yrtravelingfriends
NowSapphireRC, Social Media at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Just a short note to thank you for your nice words and appreciation of our resort and service. We are glad to hear you had a good experience and want to thank you on behalf of all the Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun and staff for your very nice comment.

We hope to welcome you again very soon at the Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Resort was very nice with lots of 'nature' along the walks to your room. I actually saw a cuati mondi (horribly mispelled) that crossed the path in front of me. Creature with a long snout and tail. But the pools were great with the ever present swim up bars. They've got the the all inclusive packages to a fine art! No more bracelets with only certain restaurants and bars you can go to. Everything is open to everyone! Much better than the bracelet system some resorts use. But as I said in the title it was a lonely trip with couples and weddings all around you. I will come back here but not by myself! Nice break from the rat-race though. Service was great and all employees made you feel welcom. Recommend the day trip to a Mayan ruin, called Chichen Itza. Great guides and a fantastic 'swim hole' that is included.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank thedude814

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor community. We appreciate the time you took to write a review about your stay with us.

We are happy to know you enjoyed the resort facilities and the service provided by the staff. We will share your feedback with the operations staff.

We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I was so disappointed by this trip. First of all,Apple stated this hotel was built in 2010. That is very misleading. This hotel is in desperate need of paint, new furniture, and overall upgrade. They were short staffed during our stay leaving you waiting 30-45 minutes for a drink which I have never experienced in the past at any other resort. We waited in line for 15 minutes at least to eat at the buffet, and the night life was fine if you were wanting to go to bed at 10 pm. They offered many excursions but is that not why you pay for all inclusive? We had purchased an ocean front suite we we purchased our trip. I inquired the cost to upgrade to the preferred club and they advised me it would be another $60 a day but our room assignment would not change. I would not recommend this resort and I am not sure how Apple can rate this a 6 apple.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marbec4

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you took to write a review.

We regret not having been able to fulfill your expectations and we would like to explain some point. The preferred club is a category with additional services and has a rate. The Jr Suites are tropical view or ocean front with an additional charge.

We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future.

Cordiallly yours

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I hate long, wordy reviews. Sadly, I deleted most of my pics by accident from the camera. Hotel pics gone. :(

This is an awesome property.

Things we liked:
Very friendly staff
Beatiful location, powdery sand, surf not too strong, so kids could swim safely.

Staff helpful, but be patient at check-in. They need more staff for this process.

Great food at the rest we ated in, except for Lemongrass, the Japanese rest.

We were offered an upgrade at check-in for only $350 more. So instead of having a garden view room at back of the property we got an ocean front room on third floor with an outdoor whirlpool tub. It was stunning and worth it.

Rooms are new, modern and very clean. Marble floors, bathrooms. Ask for soft pillows and they'll bring them straightaway.

Resort is not overcrowded

Ceramic painting with my 8yr old daughter at the little cart beside the towel/washrooom building was great. You pay a nominal fee per piece, paint it, and he "fixes it up" after you leave and glazes it to be a stunning piece.

Good activity shack where kids/families can play Pool, pingpong, foozeball. Also a separate pool with a basket ball net and water polo type nets for playing watersports.

Kids/teen club available

huge main pool/swim up bar

no condo salespeople bugging us, and no peddlars on beach

Things we didn't like:

long check-in

the gym has old(er) equip that is in disprepair and is barely usable, although the weight machines were good, but free weights weren't light enough for me. They started at 15lbs. I am a runner and the treadmill was brutal,and I don't like beach running.

palapa beds aren't great because they have a permanent roof on them. We've taken preferred vacations before and the palapa beds had a retractable canvas drape so we could sunbathe in comfort as well as seek shade when we wanted. We didn't buy preferred this time because we had our kids along, but the extras seemed very minimal for this option.

Riviera prices outside resort are pricey.

Activities we did:
EXPLOR - great day trip. Ziplines, Little jeeps, cave swimming, and cave rafts among ancient stalagtites. TAKE WATERSHOES FROM HOME
DELPHINUS - Did the Primax option with my daughter. It was music to my ears to hear her having so much fun. Prices for buying pics at the end were too high
CROCOCUN- great day trip right outside resort. Fed monkeys, kissed a parrot, held snakes, lizards, etc. Very fun and educational
PLAYA DEL CARMEN- 5th avenue. Ok. Was oversold to us by the Air Cda rep. Repetitive products/markets. Wished we went to village of Play Morales instead.

Helpful hints:
Take watershoes in case you decide to go to excursions that require/suggest them
Take LOTS of sunscreen
Take a mittful of American one dollar bills. Tipping is expected and is how the employees make most of their income.
We felt ripped off when we paid for activities using American cash or when we paid for stuff. They'd give us back pesos as change, but not a fair exchange rate. Having pesos would have been easier.
Taxi cab drivers are great. Felt incredibly safe leaving resort and going in a car to Playa del Carmen.

This is an AWESOME resort. I'd go there again, and again, and again.

Room Tip: We were in room 334. Third building, ocean front.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank dmcmccm

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent TripAdvisor review. We were pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us at the Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun. We seriously take all of our guests' comments in order to improve our services.

We are happy to know you liked the resort, our friendly staff, food, room and the activities. It is great you had time to visit many places near to the resort.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Cordially yours

Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband and I recently spent 5 days at the Now Sapphire all inclusive resort in Riviera Maya, Cancun. We were trapped in rush hour traffic getting to the airport, our driver dropped us off at the airport and drove off with my carryon and had to be called back, we just made it to the gate as our plane was boarding, and we were harassed by shills at the Cancun airport. But then we pulled up to the resort, someone greeted us with a warm, wet washcloth to refresh ourselves with, took our bags and checked us in, and then took us to our room that had a fantastic view of the beach and ocean from our terrace (the terrace with a jaccuzzi), and I said "YES! This is what I'm talking about!" We were looking for relaxation and pampering and we weren't disappointed. The beach is a beautiful soft white sand, the water changes colors from deep turquoise to steel gray, depending on the sunlight, and the skies are breathtaking, from the color (I've seldom seen such a bright blue!) to the formations of the clouds, to the sunsets! So many Kodak moments! Apart from the incredible view (we woke up to some amazing sunrises over the Caribbean!), we were treated with a bright smile and a "Buenos dias!" from everyone who worked there, from the concierge to the person who turned down our bed each night. Any request we had was answered with a smile and "it's a pleasure." The Lobby Bar was very enjoyable and the entertainment there each night was always good. There were 6 restaurants and we ate in 4 of them and had a good meal each time, We especially liked the Blue Water Grill for breakfast and lunch. We ate at Cibu twice, not only because of the very good and well-presented food, but because of our waiter, the ever smiling, charming, Edy! We had upgraded to the Preferred Club to get the oceanfront room and it was well worth the extra money to us to be on the beach and to be able to reserve a place there each day through Ivan, who comes by and chats each day and reserves your space for the next day if you wish. The only problem we had was with the check in and front desk. We weren't given the information and access codes for the free wi-fi and spent a day and a half without it before finding out; they didn't give us the extra remote for the dvd player and my husband spent 2 days trying to make it work before they finally told us they forgot to give us the remote; and we didn't get our coupons for wine and massages until the day before we left because that particular person wasn't available when we checked in. It seemed we spent a lot of time seeking them out for things they forgot to tell us or give us. But never let the seeds keep you from enjoying the watermelon, and those things were just little seeds! The place is amazing and we're planning on going back next year for our 20th anniversary!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank TravelPiggies

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos and feedback on Tripadvisor.

We appreciate the comments regarding your recent stay at the Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun. We will share your feedback with the operations staff, they will be glad to know they were able to assist you. Your remarks have been shared with the director of area. Thank you.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort.

Please contact us before your arrival.

Cordially yours