Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
US$644
US$313
Great 4.5/5
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
US$284
US$474
US$294
Excellent 5/5
11,610 results
All reviewsratatouilleveranda barmain poolanna bananaentertainment staffsilver sandsel patiopreferred clubworld cafejuan joseroom servicebarracuda barseaside grillour honeymooninfinity poolother resortspartial ocean view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This was the second time I have stayed at this hotel with my girlfriends. This year there were six of us and the hotel did a great job of keeping all of our rooms close to each other. We were greeted with champagne and chocolate chip cookies upon our arrival and the bellman recognized us from last year. We were very impressed with the staff as a whole. They were very friendly and helpful in every way. Even though we were a group, the check-in process did not take as long as it has at other resorts in the past. We were given one room which was ready, and then we ate lunch and were by the pool no later than 2 pm. Our accomodations were excellent and very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable.
The entertainment staff is probably the best we've ever known at any resort. We got to know Mariana, Jorge, and Cruz personally and they were always amazing. There is no shortage of things to do at this resort. We participated in a lot of the games, especially Bingo and Blackjack every afternoon. There is something to choose from everyday.
We actually thought the beach was much improved over last year. It appeared that sand had been brought in to extend the beach area and three docks were added for entertainment purposes or for weddings on the beach. The staff does an excellent job of keeping the beach seaweed free, although it is a full time job. This is not a swimming beach, however. There is a barrier reef just offshore, which makes the beach very rocky and not swim-friendly. There were many chairs added this year, which was great for mornings on the beach to watch the sunrise.
The food is way above average for all-inclusive. We found the outdoor restaurants to be the best for lunch. The other restaurants we tried in the evening were also excellent. Service was prompt and always friendly. Our favorite was the Japanese restaurant where they cook in front of you. Make sure to get a reservation for that. The Mexican and Italian restaurants were also good and the chocolate dessert at the Mexican restaurant was delicious.
There are many pools, so you have the luxury of choosing whether to be at the lively pool with the music or a quieter one, perhaps closer to your building. All are lovely.
One note to future travelers: Pack a small flashlight. There were power surges every night we were there. If you are stuck in the bathroom in total darkness, it is not fun. Fortunately, the power outages are short. I don't believe this is the fault of the hotel; the power grid just probably has not kept up with the commercial growth in the area.
Overall, I would definitely come back to this resort, although it would be fun to try other Secrets resorts in the area. Secrets Silversands generally runs less than Secrets Maroma Beach, so this was definitely a great deal for the money. Could not have been happier with our experience!

Room Tip: South side has excellent beach views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank stacyeg79
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed at Secrets Silversands as our delayed honeymoon about a year ago. It was AMAZING! We arrived and were greated by Arturo with a damp cloth and a glass of champaigne. Since we had reserved a preferred room, he wisked us past the general check in and took us to the private preferred club for a personal check-in.

After check in, he walked us to our room and gave us a brief tour of the facility along the way. The room was spectacular with the most beautiful view of the ocean ever. Although the honeymoon was not within 6 months and did not qualify for the honeymoon package, Arturo made a call when we were checking in and had housekeeping place a bottle of champaigne, chocolate covered strawberries, and a "Honeymoon" banner on the door before we got to the room.

The next day, when we got back to the room, there was a trail of rosepetals leading from the door to the bed, and surrounding the in-room jacuzzi tub. It was awesome!

The food was amazing. We went to ever restaurant and loved something about every one of them. The outdoor restaurants were awesome and felt so classy and tropical. The Asian restaurant had the best sushi bar. I do not like sushi, but the way they did it was a really cool experience and it was delicious. The hibachi show was a lot of fun and really delicious. The only thing I did not like was that the only choice for breakfast was a buffet. I like a buffet occassionally, but prefer sit-down restaurants. I was impressed, however, over the enormity and the variety available on the buffet.

The bars were well placed and served awesome drinks. Each day, there was a "drink of the day" advertised that you could order and try. I basically stuck to wine and my husband enjoyed the top shelf liquors, but having a fresh made pina colada served to me on the beach was pretty awesome.

I know the beach has been a big point of concern for most people on here. I actually thought it was pretty awesome. I prefer to lay on the beach but swim in the pool. This beach was perfect for that. The free wireless internet reached the beach so I was able to use my ipod and kindle while laying on the beach. The water was very rocky, which I thought was cool because it attracted fish and made it fun to walk around (with water shoes on) and check out the marinelife.

We also booked a photoshoot and loved it. The pictures are a little pricy, but this was our souvenir to ourselves.

The spa.....Blissful!
The vacation club presentation (timeshare) was presented to us one time but was not pushy, intrusive, or offensive. We simply said no and they gave us our credit voucher and never bothered us again.

The only complaint I had was the lack of night life. There was always an evening show, but everything closed down around 10pm each night. It would have been nice if there was later entertainment.

We are going back to the Riviera Maya in a few weeks. We did not book Silversands because we wanted to experience something different, but since we booked with the other place, we are already regretting not re-booking here. We will definitely be back and may actually consider buying into the "vacation club"

Room Tip: We chose an ocean front preferred room which was awesome. I am not sure if the preferred club is worth the extra money, but the view was outstanding.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Triland2
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This year, we vacationed for 10-days at Secrets Silversands (longest trip to date). Secrets Silversands is a smaller all-inclusive with 400-rooms; It's easy to navigate, does not feel crowded, plenty of food choice, unobtrusive guest activities, Marianna, Jackie Chan and Marcelo from the entertainment staff were terrific; this was the first resort where the dining actually felt like dining as the food was way better than average for all-inclusives; I believe upgrading to the "Preferred Club" is a waste of money because it's adults only and there's plenty of room to spread out without the need for a private pool; watch the internet in-room fee, collect the free voucher and then pay for in-room internet if you need it; the beach is the weakest link.

Here's my best to worst picks over the last 7-years:

2012 - Secrets Silversands: Mayan Riviera
2009 - Riu Palace Pacifico: Puerta Vallarta
2011 - Now Jade: Mayan Riviera
2008 - Paradisus Palma Real: Punta Cana
2007 - Moon Palace: Mayan Riviera
2006 - Moon Palace: Mayan Riviera - After hurricane
2010 - Majestic Elegance: Punta Cana - Snorkle past this one!

Room Tip: Building 2
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank wheaton_mfp
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We arrived as a group of 43 on Feb. 23-27. The hotel staff and grounds were great! My favorite people who gave us the best service were Andrea and Tomas at the breakfast buffet!! Great way to get our day started, they made us feel welcome! Thank you!!

Would like to give a thank you as well to Island Breeze Travel, Mark and Ann Brown you guys did a great job getting all of us our travel dates, times and great job picking the resort!!

Food was great, service great, rooms nice and beach ok!!! Would probably try other Secret resorts in the future!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Funinsunsd
Reviewed 2 March 2012

As you have seen , the beach is ok.....it is not that horrible as many have stated of course. It is next to impossible to snorkel though as it is so shallow and rocky. Pools are great and plenty of them. Bars and restaurants are phenominal. We did not get champagne when we checked in however. The entertainment team was on the boring side for a nightlife. If you are a pool or bar guy during the day, they do some good stuff. I like to be on the beach and left alone during the day however. Make sure that if the beach matters, head somewhere other than Puerto Morales. There is no smell of raw sewage by the way, I just think that some people are trying to be hurtful to the resort for some reason.

Room Tip: we stayed in building 4 , the rooms shower wanted to let water run out so we brought up towels from the pool areas to stop it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple