“A paradise within a paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Abbey Del Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Morelos
Abbey Del Sol
Longueuil, Canada
“A paradise within a paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

My wife Carole and myself spent 2 marvelous weeks last April at Abbey del Sol 2 appt 10
Puerto Morelos is really a little paradise on the Riviera Maya but Abbey del Sol is a paradise within that paradise .
All aspects of that property did exceed our expectations .
From the vegetation around the pool , the flowers everywhere and all the services offered .
All the people involved are also adding to the great feeling we had during our stay there .
Abbey and Tiff are really an exceptional couple that are always looking for something extra to do to make you feel like you are more a guest than a client .
Their web site is really well done and showing exactly what to expect in every aspect .
Those people really like what they do , and it shows.

Michel et Carole from Montreal

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2011

I wrote a review last year entitled "Very Tranquillo" which gave this excellent small self catering hotel high marks. This year we stayed in Unit #2 in Abbey One which is smaller and less lavishly appointed than unit #4 (The owners quarters) which we reserved last year with another couple. But the unit was very comfortable, well equipped and we liked being on the second floor for a view of the surroundings. Rather than repeating last years review, I'll add our new discoveries. Manta, the beach bar, has happy hour from 2-4, music on the weekends and prepares their pina coladas with fresh pineapple and coconut juice. Playa del Pescador (I think) a beach front restaurant at the end of the street has fried whole red snapper that is fabulous. There is a fresh fish market just up from the ATM machine gets fresh catch every day in the afternoon. Casa del Pescador overlooking the square is just as good as ever. The Mega Market in Playa del Carmen has prices on groceries that are just as good as Wall-mart. We bought some jumbo pink shrimp and cooked it in some Old Bay (brought from home) and bay leaf that will spoil us for life for anything else. The sand in Puerto Morelos is like sugar. We went to Cancun one day, went to the beach and couldn't believe the difference. It was coarse and had lots of very small shells that were tough on bare feet.

Hats off again to Easyway car rental...their rate on a new Mexican Nissan with Auto and AC including every conceivable insurance in the world is about $40 a day unlimited mileage...they pick you up at the airport and take you back. Make sure you ask for return directions as their agency is hidden behind an OXXO and a Pemex station.

We went to Valladolid for two days at the end of our stay and loved it...highly recommended. An overnight at El Meson Del marques (right on the square) allows you to do Chitzen Itza before the bus people arrive from Cancun. See my review in TA.

If you are thinking about Abbey del Sol for next year reserve now if you want February or early March.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maryland_Bob
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2011

I have now seen everything!
We had a fantastic stay (unfortunately only 2 days). A Tuesday Taco night (all you can eat for $10US) which was fantastic but in addition an authentic guitar and harp duo. It is a minute away from the beach located in a super safe environment. The city center is well worth visiting.
They offer free bikes (in excellent shape) arranged for a snorkel outing for us and much more.
The unbelievable part was when I overspent my Mexican pesos the night before and had only enough cash to pay for the taxi but would leave us short at the airport for incidentals. Tiff said "send me a cheque when you get back to your home".
That is not something you will experience in very many, if any, hotels.
I will recommend this place to everyone I know.
[:)s]

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ricthestic
vancouver bc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

I just had to write a review and post some pictures as this will be my second time staying at Abbey Del Sol coming up in March 2011. The first time was with my husband and our 3 teenage kids about 2 years ago. My husband however has been to this property a handful of times prior. If your looking for a stress free vacation, economical and staying in a cute town with great friendly people, then you cant pass this up. Abby and Tiff do an amazing job of taking care of their guest as well as there staff! The staff at Abbey Del Sol will pick you up from the airport to helping you plan activities. Don’t let this small sleepy town fool you cause when the sun goes down the restaurants are buzzing and lit up, with locals and visitors from all over. Its not a party town but a place to feel right at home, were you can rest your head at night and feel safe! I cant wait to return in a couple of weeks!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2011

My husband and toddler daughter rented Casa Juanita #3 with two friends. It was awesome, all around. Puerto Morelos is a great town. We have been going to Tulum for the past 5 years, and decided that it would be more fun to stay in a beachside town. That way, we could walk to the beach and the town. In Tulum, we found ourselves driving from the beach to the town quite a bit.

Casa Juanita is brand new. The two bedroom/three bathroom apartment was in excellent, brand new shape - it was also really spacious, with an office. The couches were super comfortable (in the last place we rented in Tulum, they only had benches with pillows and it was not comfy). The beds were really, unusually comfortable (pillow-top? I didn't check, but I suspect so). Everything was in great working order except for a bathtub, which the staff told us not to use. It didn't really matter, as there were two additional showers. All of the towels, beach chairs, and kitchen supplies were new and clean.

Abbey, Tiff, and Sue were great - all were on site and available. Tiff lent us a yoga mat, and Sue gave us some great sand toys for our daughter to use. Their DVD library is off the hook - really awesome.

I think all of the people in our group would agree that our favorite part was Tacos Tuesday. On Tuesday evening, Abbey del Sol hosts this in their back courtyard (which is beautiful). They invite the crew from Christos Tacos (in the Colonia) to cook, and it is all you can eat for $7-8. We loved it.

We are returning with a larger group in February 2012 and plan to rent Casa Mulder. I was a bit concerned about the last Tripadvisor review that said there are some issues of disrepair. I asked Abbey about the wiring and gas issues, and she assured me that they are taking them very seriously. I felt comfortable with that - they seem to hold all of their properties to a very high standard.

Thanks again!!!