Hotel Letsos(Alykanas)
US$86
Grapevines Hotel(Alykanas)(Great Value!)
US$29
  • Pool
All reviewsmain buildinglower poolpool barsea viewporto vromihired a carprivate poolgolf buggyshuttle busthe hotel offershotel minibuslocal beachesfive star hotelshower screenrelaxing holidayan executive suiteshipwreck beach
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Do not believe any negative reviews about this hotel.
My wife and I have only stayed in 4/5 star hotels when we look & book for a holiday.
This hotel is by far the most beautiful hotel in every way we have had the pleasure to stay in.
From the stunning location, the scenery, the hotel itself, the staff, the amenities, the food, the cleanliness, it is all top top class!!
The staff go all out the way to help you with such a pleasant smile on their faces. You just know they take a pleasure in their work & the way they take pleasure helping you.
The view from the hotel is stunning.
Watching the sunset is a view you will never forget.
Although you may think it may be far away from the beach the hotel take you to the beach in an air conditioned shuttle bus, free of charge, travelling through beautiful little villages on the way. The journey is only for about 25 minutes.
If you feel like visiting the nearby taverns then someone will pick you up from the hotel & take you back free of charge.
The hotel also do a deal with a tavern in Alykanos if ever you feel like spending the evening in Alykanos where someone from the tavern will pick you up from the hotel & whenever you feel like returning they take you back for just 30 Euros return.
Special mentions must go to George Samaras, the evening bar waiter.
Always working hard & always smiling. Great personality & very sociable with all guests. A credit to the Mabely Grand Hotel.
Also a special mention to a young girl, Eleanor, who served drinks in the daytime to the pool & worked tirelessly going up & down the steps making sure if anybody wanted a drink they got served promptly. Again a credit to the Mabely Grand Hotel.
All the staff on reception, in the dining room, all across the hotel were pleasant & courteous.
Would rate this hotel more than 5 star.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John E
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My two daughters and I stayed for a long weekend at this lovely hotel, a last mother and daughter trip before our eldest daughter has her baby. What a fantastic hotel; fantastic and happy hotel team, well led and managed, lovely food and a lovely quiet location. We were checked in efficiently by a friendly and happy team member, and were taken to our apartment in the golf buggy, to save undue exertion for our expectant mum. Rooms are very well furnished. We were allocated room 818 which had it's own pool with uninterrupted views over foliage and the sea in the distance. Nothing was too much trouble and one of the team members even pumped up our lilos for the pool and brought them down to our apartment in a golf buggy! The two pools set within the hotel grounds were attractive and had nice sun-loungers. The outdoor terraces had an array of attractive and comfortable seating with lovely views - as you can see from the photos. We booked on the all inclusive option and the range of drinks was very good; both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Very nice hotel and I will return next year with my husband for a quiet and relaxing and pampered break. We arrived at the hotel in a rental car and travelled round the island after checking out on our last day, before heading back to the airport for our evening flight. Stopped off at some charming and quiet areas - but stayed away from the noisy resorts ;0 wifi only available in lobby so you'll need to use your 3G/4G data

Room Tip: We had apartment 818 - detached with it's own pool and unspoilt garden views with sea view in the distance
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessicabunny
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We visited the Mabely Grand as a group of 6 for my mums 60th birthday in July. They have been twice before and now I know why!

Stunning hotel with breathtaking views over the ocean and the service is fantastic! We went all inclusive which I think is a must as the hotel is remote so you would end up spending a fortune on food and drink otherwise!

We hired a car for the week to explore the island and I would highly recommend this to anyone staying here. You can walk (if you're feeling energetic) to three beautiful tavernas which is worth the hike in the day or you can get a taxi in the evening - you must make it for sunset!

If you want a peaceful relaxing holiday with no hassle, stunning views, nice food and good service I would highly recommend this hotel.

My only slight gripe and it is a small one! Would be that our room perhaps didn't feel 5 star as it was a little bare and basic and the bathroom did constantly flood. That being said our parents suite with private pool was amazing and certainly lived up to five star quality.

I always feel the world is too big to return to the same place twice but Mabely Grand we hope to see you again!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Katie11011991
Reviewed 11 August 2018

My experience was ok. However, I witnessed a black mother and her children treated badly at the hotel on July 2018. The family were given a room with ants. They complained about it and their room was changed and the second room was also bad with ants. The children were refused towels for the pool by staff members Elizabeth and another lady at the reception. It was awful treatment from the reception staff.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank idowu2016
Reviewed 7 August 2018

From the arrival as we get off from the taxi, the staff is there to open the door and greet you with a smile. Their Concierge Staffs are well ready to accept you, Christos and his colleagues are always smiling, knowledgeable and accommodating. Their customer-service skills are second to none! Panos who always; whenever he sees us in the lobby never fails to ask us if we needed any help, their Interpersonal Skills to make their guests relax and comfortable during stays are excellent.

I booked this 5 days Packaged Holiday Deal (hotel+flight) as a surprised school holiday for my 2 daughters, so I have no choice of what type of accommodation we were in. During check-in we were upgraded to a Family Suite with Sea View from Double Comfort Room with just a Garden View. It's a way to start your holiday!

The staff at the restaurant are all welcoming, they greet you with a sweet smile and make sure you're served well. Caterina and her colleagues looks after us and makes a really nice Coffee Frap every morning for my eldest daughter.

The Pools at the main building and Annexe Building have the stunning view of the Ionian Blue Sea. You'll literally fall in-love to this breathtaking views as you seat or relax on your lounge sun bed. I think this is the luxury you pay and why this hotel is sought after.

The location of the hotel is remote, it doesn't matter if you did not hire a car during your stay as you have the Hotel's Shuttle Van as a service to take you on all different adjacent beaches for free, you need to book in the reception early to avoid being left out. Apart from this all the nearby Taverns are all more than willing to pick you up from the hotel to eat to their place and take you back afterwards at no extra cost! (that is excellent customer service for me).

- The day tour to Shipwreck Cove is a must. The hotel's Shuttle service will take you to Porto Vromi where tour operators caters the day excursion for €18pp.

My only regret on this holiday is not hiring a car as you can do and see more. I found out that the hotel offer car rentals and quad bike rentals as well. you can book this in advance and the hotel staff can take your hired car to the airport so you can drive it straight as you get out of the arrival. (I will definitely do this next time when we come back).

Room Tip: Sea View Rooms definitely! if you can, you get the romantic sunset everyday!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family