“We no longer consider any other Greek restaurant”
Review of The Greek Place

The Greek Place
Reviewed 31 March 2017

I've been to this restaurant about four or five times in the last few months. My wife and I decided that we will not go to any other Greek restaurants. We have been spoiled by the quality and taste. They do not go cheap with ingredients, the hero bread is excellent, the sauces and peppers are outstanding. I usually ask for no dressing or extras on my food, but I have developed confidence in their cooking.
A prior reviewer mentioned that they outdo the Astoria restaurants: I have come to agree. We especially like the Hermes and Poseidon sandwiches, but we will be trying many other dishes in the future.
This is primarily a to-go restaurant, there are a few tables, but it is a little hot with the kitchen going at full blast. There has always been some close street parking--I've never had to walk more than half a block, and the restaurant has no steps for those with ambulatory issues.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

My wife loves a good Greek salad and this is the only place she wants it from, regardless of the fact that there are places closer to our home to pick it up from. What she tells me, jokingly I hope, is that it's either from The Greek Place or I sleep with the dog.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

The spanakopita is to die for! Perfect amount of cheese to spinach. Lemon avgolemono is authentic. The prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

My husband & I have been coming to this place since it opened and have never bee disappointed by the food. Everything they make is delicious and the owner takes great pride in his work. Definitely recommend anything on the menu and just FYI give yourself about 35-45 min when ordering take out. It's worth the wait!

Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

Went there on a friend's recommendation. This was the freshest, most delicious gyro I have ever eaten. The romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and red onion were so fresh, and the meat was so moist and flavorful! The chef/owner was very friendly and it was apparent that he loves what he does. Seriously, I could go on and on. Go there. You will not be disappointed. Delicious!