“Delicious fish and chips”
Review of Oakura Fish Shop

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Oakura Fish Shop
Ranked #2 of 2 Quick Bites in Oakura
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Highly recommend the battered snapper.
Spring rolls can be disappointing, but other than that pretty high standard fish and chip shop near Oakura beach.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

After all the comments we had heard about this fish and chip shop, we thought we'd try it when we had a few friends and family over.

From start to finish I wasn't impressed. The shop seems run down. My order wasn't taken down properly so I had to pay again after about 10 mins when the chips had been left off.. Then when we get home, after thinking it had been far too expensive, there's chicken cuts I didn't order..

The service was ok but barely. I found the cook a bit rude with no customer service and the young girl as nice as she seemed, wasn't very impressive either.

The food was ok. The fish was a bit greasy maybe from not being rested enough and The chips were tasteless. However the scallops went down well as did (although not ordered, I wasn't going to drive all the way back again) the chicken with the men. And the burger was perfect.

I for one will not be returning especially when there is now a restaurant next door...

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

There was about a 15 minute wait for our order, but.it was reasonably busy been last week of school holidays. But was well worth the wait, and the Kumara chips were delicious. Reasonably priced as well.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Very expensive - Auckland prices. $37 for 4 pieces of crumbed snapper. Extremely average kumera chips and fries. One and a half scoops of each. Fish did taste lovely though.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

It was lovely to be able to walk to the shops from where we were staying and to be able to sit and relax enjoying food and drinks.