All reviews salt pans one night swimming pool excellent food outdoor bathroom overnight trip planet baobab water pressure nice spot nice pool and bar self driving accommodation options bar area is an oasis makgadikgadi pans two single beds comfortable chairs
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed over for 2 nights. The hosts received us and were very friendly. Dinners served was very good and the lapa next to the swimmingpool had comfortable chairs to relax and enjoy a sundowner We went to the Boabab forrest and we took beautiful sunset photos. We also went to Nxai pans and visited a meerkat coloney. Will surely visit again if I travel from Moan to Nata.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I stopped by here on the way to Maun via public bus and I'm so very glad that I did. Worn out by the road as I was, James and Shayla immediately made me feel at home. Many drinks were had and hangovers suffered. It's an excellent place to take a breather. Amenities were great, food especially. The chilly pool is handy in the heat. On top of that, they run trips out to the pans (weather depending) where I had a lovely encounter with the resident meerkats. Great place!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

This lodge is a budget accommodation, in a very small town. We were on a driving safari and needed a place for 1 night. The cabins were a good size, but had no air conditioning, just a fan. We found it uncomfortable for sleeping as it was quite warm. The shower also had no hot water. The property has a swimming pool, bar and restaurant. The meal was a bit of a disappointment, we had chicken strips and chips. They had no salads and or soups, made for an uninteresting meal. As for the morning the breakfast was fine. The staff were all helpful and very nice.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

When my family and I arrived, the check in process was easy. The electricity was down when we got there, so that was a bit of inconvenience. The lunch menu had limited options and it took a while for the food to arrive. The dinner and breakfast menu were fine, but for vegetarians, there was not much. The bar also had just beer and whiskey, it could do with more options.

the resort could do with improvement in hygiene - The bathroom, sofa and carpets were dirty.

Our guide, however, was really good, he took us to the pans as well as the Baobab trees.

Gweta Lodge is not luxurious, it is basic and affordable. Over all this a good / affordable place to stop by on your way to Maun or Francistown.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Since our last stay lots of renovatiosn and new rooms have been built. We stayed in a traditional room which has an outside toilet, really quaint. The staff are friendly and there are some interesting actiities on offer, the Meerkat with sundowners is a must and if you fancy sleeping under the Stars on the nearby Pans then go for it. This place makes a great 'last' stopover before returning back to SA from the Delta. The Gweta to Francistown road has Potholes but they are slowly being filled in and we didn't experience too many 'big ones' so make a point of checking out Gweta, I don't think you will be dissappointed,

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends