“Great B & B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cotgrave
Primrose House B & B
Ranked #1 of 4 Cotgrave B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Ok so it's not completely rural but once you drive through the gates you'd never know. Whilst it is situated on a road, I wouldn't call it busy.

Paul & Susie were great, our seven yr old daughter had a great time playing with their kittens. and they let her collect fresh eggs in the morning.

The room was a family room, double and single bed, clean and comfortable, with tea, coffee and fresh milk supplied.

Breakfast was lovely, stewed plums, fresh bread (was steaming as I sliced it) cereals and of course a fry up.

We will certainly revisit

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 February 2011

The only place to stay in Cotgrave, fortunately Primrose House offers a good standard of accommodation. Our room was spacious and comfortable, the breakfast was great and the hosts welcoming.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2011

First of all, do not be fooled by the pictures on the website! The picturesque farmhouse in the pictures it is not. Yes it's a farmhouse, but it's not in a quiet, idyllic, rural setting - it's in the middle of Cotgrave right on what is quite busy road. Also, my room was nothing as fancy as the one pictured on the website.
I stayed for 5 nights and specified I wanted an ensuite room. I was told this was OK but I would have to move out mid-stay as the only other ensuite room had been booked. I found out afterwards there had been another ensuite room free but for some reason they hadn't booked me in it - very annoying as I was staying for several nights - no privileges for that here!
Several niggles included:
- no wardrobe in my room & insufficient storage space (puzzling as the room is HUGE)
- being told several times to move my car (after I'd parked it??)
- having to shut the gate after leaving the carpark due to escaping turkeys
- having to ask for my breakfast order to be taken
- no hoovering (or replacement of dead flowers) of my room during the whole of my stay
- lack of sufficient power-points
- insufficient hot water in the mornings & evenings
- dog hair in breakfast food (apart from that, nice cooked food!)
- musty damp smell in the room
- lots pigeon of poo outside front door
I suppose it would be OK for 1 night's stay but in opinion, not great for much more than that.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Conniecodeine
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Quiet country, location lovely fresh homemade food. Susie, Paul and Bella the dog were very friendly and helpful with tips about further travel we were doing.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Not exactly the serene countryside location I expected. The breakfast was nice. However, the room left a lot to be desired it was tired and shabby and as for the dust!! I was so looking forward to my stay and came away very disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cotgrave
13.6 km away
5.8 km away
Colwick Hall Hotel
Colwick Hall Hotel
#5 of 41 in Nottingham

Been to Primrose House B & B? Share your experiences!