Sonnekus Guest House(St. James)(Great Value!)
St James Manor(St. James)
Rodwell House(St. James)
TripAdvisor
All reviewskalk bayfalse baycape pointcommunity centerbed and breakfastlocal townshiplocal artcape towneach morningb and bgarlic mushroomsyogurtwalking distancedelicious breakfastother guestsbeautiful houseour honeymoon
Reviewed 20 June 2016

We opted for this space as it was right between the beach communities of Kalk Bay and Muizenburg, and right above the St. James tidal pool. The view from our King-bed suite was gorgeous. The bed was comfortable and the linens were high quality.

The hostess Ms. Yoliswa provided warm, friendly service and a satisfying hot breakfast (she prepared my eggs just how I like them).

We were particularly fond of the local artwork and handprinted upholstery and curtains in the common area. It was a charming spot and we would definitely return if we came back to the Cape Town area.

Room Tip: Kind-bed suite is wonderful.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2016

My second visit to this little diamond of a spot (last year, same time). Thought I had already left a review, but if not, it is worth mentioning again. April is a spectacular time to enjoy autumn in the cape, and Blue on Blue is as good a place as you will find to enjoy the False bay area. Eyepopping views of the peninsula and ocean. As a bird lover, I particularly enjoyed my daily hikes up the 272 steps on the mountainside leading to the upper drive, where birds of all kinds (flycatchers and lots of colourful others) flit about from branch to branch. Once at the top, the whole bay is laid out in front of you. Breakfasts are quite nice and Yoli the hostess is a jewel, always friendly and helpful. Plenty of good reading on local attractions to be found in the library, not to mention quite an array of fiction. Beautiful nouveau African artwork throughout. I left with a smile once again.

Room Tip: The Master Suite is gorgeous.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2016

I stayed at this cute bnb as a treat before my impersonal budget hotel in the city. it provided just the homey feel that i wanted, with lots of personal touches. yoliswa immediately became a friend for her kindness, as well as her very fine hot breakfast. the artworks in the place are second to none for a guy with my taste, being contemporary (except for the archival photos) and very reflective of the best of south africa's culture. the view from the bedroom was something i cherished, and i happened to spy a pod of dolphins springing across the bay on my last morning. reading a brochure i became very interested in the community project that the place supports and decided to take a trip to see it with my own eyes. yhoo! it had much the same colorfulness and spirit and an amazing rooftop garden, as well. highly recommended indeed.

Room Tip: Sea view room recommended!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank bongiwemzansisithole
Reviewed 26 March 2016

I'm a regular in Cape Town, but I haven't tried the False Bay side lately. This little B and B is perfect for checking out the "warm side" of the cape. Lovely linens, beautiful artwork and a warm hostess. You get a full view of the ocean every morning as the sun rises and turns passing clouds pink. I walked along the nearby beach pathway every morning for my constitutional and took in the fresh air. There are lots of casual eateries within 10-15 minutes walking distance in Kalk Bay or Muizenberg. I recommend the sandwich place on the Muizenberg waterfront for their delicious bunny chow.

Room Tip: I loved the Master Suite. Spacious. King bed. Lovely mosaic tiled bathroom.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2016

Looking outside, this spot has mesmirising views of the sea and surf. Inside the walls are covered with funky contemporary and township artwork that really gives a Cape Town feel. Yoli, Nomfundo and Siphokazi were gracious hostesses who made us right at home. Breakfast was on time for our early departure, with a nice mix of cold and hot offerings. Kalk Bay and Muizenberg are charming nearby towns, and the beach at the foot of the hill has walking paths to both.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple