All reviews four poster bed drawing room beautiful hotel both nights front of house food was fantastic open fire lamb loch lomond glasgow airport country house lovely setting afternoon tea first class old building lovely meal couldn't do enough
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Family went to a late lunch at this hotel. Portions were small for price. Food was luke warm & side orders came late after we had to ask for them. However Food was tasty.
Wanted to order desert however attitude from waiter made us decided not too as he appeared to be put out by this request as it was close to 5pm.
Overall would not return.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Companion09636485946
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Recuperating after a short illness my nephew Robert and his lovely wife Vicky secretly booked the Knockderry for my wife, sister niece and myself. We were delighted that we got the chance to stay at this luxurious hotel overlooking the outstanding natural beauty of Loch Long. On arrival there was ample parking and the gardens well tended to. On checking in our receptionist gave us a brief tour before assisting with our baggage to our splendid rooms. We both had four poster beds on our rooms 2 & 3 overlooking Loch Long. We were welcomed with two (each) bottles of chilled prossecco tea and coffee facilities were available along with free wifi stations dotted about the hotel. There was more than ample wardrobe and drawer space. There were also two separate bathrooms one equipped with WC shower and sink the other a sink and luxurious bath. We went for dinner and ordered from their ample but not overbearing menu. I hate poring over pages and pages so their menu was just right, immediately my gaze fell to the one item I haven't tasted since a boy 'Wood Pidgeon' it was cooked to perfection and I talked my niece to try it only to see a clean plate at the end. Our mains and deserts were sublime also and four clean plates later we finished our Rijoca and retired to the lounge for a night cap. Then off to bed for a good nights sleep, I only used it to watch the football before bed but the Blaupunct TV had a superb picture. Morning time it was a full English breakfast with tea, coffee and soft fruit drinks. I must say though and I'm a stickler for fine detail and even the smallest deeds impress me, the young waitress stoked the log fire several times during our stay, making the room more comfortable on a cold windy winters night.
Was I impressed by the Knockderry....... you bet.......would I recommend it??? In a second. The staff were all polite and courteous through our stay. My only complaint was that I was only there for one night.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Des T
Reviewed 31 October 2018

The plan was perfect on our trip to this part of Scotland. This property was our Grand Finale and it was every bit of what we desired - fabulous in all respects. We reserved the top of the house where the room(s) is called the Library and thoroughly enjoted the opportunity to spread out a bit with a separate sitting area. The house is truly magnificent in every way. Being somewhat remote on this peninsula one needs a place to dine as well as sleep and relax - Knockderry excels in each component of their services. The staff were extremely attentive and would do anything to help. The breakfasts and dinners, along with any desired beverages were spectacular. It is an easy drive from here to visit historical sites within 30-45 minutes, including several spectacular gardens that were brilliant even in their late Autumn Colours. We Very Strongly Recommend this location and House Hotel as a MUST when in this area. The property's owner actively works the hotel and was instrumental in our visit - a profession in all respects and a lovely personality - AND, she dashed up 3 flights of stairs to bring one of pieces of luggage during our checkout. They actually reside in a brand new home that they just built on the front of their property.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend this family run hotel. The staff were so warm, friendly & professional. Even the owners worked in the hotel & made you feel part of their family. The food in the restaurant was sublime . Beautifully presented & every mouth was a slice of heaven.

The hotel has great WiFi & the rooms were spotless. It overlooked Loch Long Definitely would stay again . It’s beautiful .

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Spent a brilliant three nights here in September, stayed in Room 7 - suited our needs exactly, spacious, comfortable, and a very warm cosy heater. Staff all incredibly friendly and helpful, dinner was superb. Relaxed atmosphere and never felt over crowded. Try and get seated at the bay window overlooking the loch at least just once if you can, fab views over breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple