We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olveston
Olveston House
Ranked #1 of 2 Olveston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 February 2016

Loved....loved.......loved the Olveston House!!!!!!!! Margaret and Carole were absolutely lovely as were the whole entire staff!!!!!!! Sarah.......the chef....her food was superb!!!!! Mr. Wilson created the perfect mojito!!!!!! Susanah was very helpful and welcoming. Traveling alone is always a wee bit daunting.......but they made it easy.......

Room Tip: Rooms with access to the side veranda are lovely.......
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank blackgoddessdiva

Reviewed 12 February 2016

I've just returned from 3 nights and 2 full days here, I had planned to explore Montserrat but ended up relaxing and enjoying the wildlife in the gardens instead, it was wonderful and I would now dearly like to return for longer to explore the island as well. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was delicious with an English Caribbean fusion. I was able to photograph iguanas, American kestrel, agouti and egrets all from the comfort of my balcony. Do take a wrap or cardigan though as the winds were chilly but refreshing. Thanks for a great stay, all too brief.

Stayed: February 2016
3  Thank Fiona B
Reviewed 20 January 2016

I was quite blown away by my stay at Olveston House for a multitude of reasons, but first let's tackle the obvious: History.

If you're reading this review, you probably already know that the estate was once owned by Beatles producer George Martin. And back when "Air Studios Montserrat" was still up and running, hosted the likes of Paul & Linda McCartney, Elton John, Sting, and Eric Clapton. There's something inherently powerful about sharing a space once occupied by the musical pantheon. It naturally invokes the imagination. Your mind can't help but conjure up scenarios that might have (or probably never) happened there. As you walk the grounds, taking in the stillness and beauty that encapsulates Montserrat, you wonder if THEY ever did the same. Maybe the tree you're leaning on once provided shade to Paul and Linda. Maybe one afternoon Elton sat under it, humming a tune that would go on to become iconic. Maybe after a drunken evening, Sting politely excused himself and snuck away to puke behind that very same tree. Anyway, I'm clearly a crazy person and none of that EVER happened, but regardless it's an experience for anyone who loves the genre/time period.

Let's say you don't love the genre though. Maybe music begins and ends with Kanye West for you (Swish drops 2/11/16!!) That's fine too. The accommodations and staff are really quite exceptional. And the food! Oh my god, the food! You often don't expect much from hotel dining experiences, but both Breakfast and Dinner were REALLY damn good. They operate as a restaurant independently, so even if you're not staying at Olveston House, I'd suggest checking it out for dinner/drinks. The owner was kind, personable, and accommodating. She often checked in with us to see how our trip/stay was going. She was warm and friendly. I'd suggest chatting with her a bit, since she's lived through both Hurricane Hugo and the various eruptions of the Soufriere Hills Volcano.

The rooms are stuck in a different time period, but I believe that's a part of the charm of the hotel. They're clean and well taken care of. Wi-Fi was actually quicker at Olveston House than my hotel in Antigua, which was surprising. I pirated "The Beatles discography" in minutes. OK. That's a lie. But still...real fast.

If you're visiting Montserrat. This is the place to stay. It's beautiful, affordable, and feels like home. You guys get ALL the stars!!!

SIDENOTE:
(Occasional wild chickens running and clucking about...bring earplugs if you're a sensitive sleeper. Later, order chicken for dinner as revenge.)

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank o S
Reviewed 14 January 2016

This places feels like you are on an English Country estate. It has a large green area, perfect for our toddler to run around and chase the chickens on. It has lovely wraparound deck for sitting and enjoying a cup of tea (served on fine china, of course). There is a pool. The rooms are comfortable, with air conditioning although we did not need it due to the design which provides a natural breeze. Very comfortable place to stay, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank travelkristen
Reviewed 13 January 2016

Staying at the Olveston House is an experience not to be missed in Monserrat. From the feeling of being welcomed, to the care and friendship that was offered, to meals that appeared as though they were prepared just for us, to the needs that were anticipated, Margaret and Sara and each person at the Olveston House made this stay one of my most special and cherished memories. I'm sure there are other places to stay on Montserrat but my next visit will be planned around the availability of a room here.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank michaelpS9627TM

Been to Olveston House? Share your experiences!