CanoeHouse
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Beautiful outdoor setting and friendly service. Unfortunately, we were not overly impressed with the food. We ordered the Pupu Platter for starters, which was very good - and both the Ono and Ahi as mains. Although both fish plates were beautifully presented, they were very bland.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I have eaten here at least once on three prior trips. Not sure if this was my least favorite for the food, but we also showed up much later missing the sunset and having a later dinner. Service was very spotty. I started with fried goat cheese, local strawberries, plum sauce reduction, and local honey. This was my favorite part of the meal. Very interesting flavorful dish. My husband had beet salad he enjoyed and i had the macadamia crusted mahi mahi over black rice. Fish was just okay. My husband had coffee rubbed steak he said was mostly fatty parts. Again, maybe because we were towards the end of the service. I would not rule them out again but i do wish the dishes were more in line with the cost they are charging. Still a wonderful place to watch the sunset.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have celiac disease and they are always so accommodating. In my opinion they serve the best mai tai's on the island, not too sweet. I live on the island, the food is awesome and I try to go there about once a month.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

It was good but not as we expected . The main entres don't offer a flavor you expect . I must say that the view and sun set is great for a family or couple dinner . If you are in the area, this restaurant and Browns are the top options for a high Cuisine dinner so try them both .

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We chose the perfect time for sunset at the CanoeHouse! The food and service were both above expectations. We would recommend this again. Cheers!