16 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$680
Hotels.comUS$680
FindHotelUS$677
PricelineUS$674
eDreamsUS$674
ZenHotels.comUS$987
4,272 results
All reviews the hapuna prince hapuna beach the big island the mauna kea great beach sister property ocean front breakfast buffet construction noise chairs and umbrellas pool bar best beach on the island white sand beach partial ocean view public beach dining options golf course
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

What a joke. This property may have been great 50 years ago. They sold the beachfront property to another residence and now they have the spectacular view and location. This hotel needs to be torn down. They have NO ocean views. They have NO a connecting rooms. This hotel is a motel. DONT DONT DONT

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 6565mk
Mauna Kea Resort, Other at The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2021

Aloha and mahalo for your review. While it was truly our pleasure to have you as our guest, I would like to sincerely apologize for all of the inconveniences you have faced. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it is integral to our ability to improve. I will pass on your review to key team leaders to address the issues you have shared with us. Mahalo.

Reviewed 5 April 2021

The title says it all really. Great property, even when full it seemed comfortable and open. The pool is nice and the beach, while public, is open and comfortable. The rooms are large and comfortable, typical Westin. No small feat as this is a property in transition. I was given due love as a platinum member with requested connecting rooms and greet views of the water and park area.

Breakfast was a challenge with not enough wait and host staff for the volume. I must say it worked well when Ginger was working... she is the glue that holds the breakfast area together. On days she was off the place was chaotic and breakfast was never right.

Front desk staff seemed lost about programs and gave no warning that you needed the little rubber bracelets to get towels at the beach.... or pool. The front desk tells you how the hotel is tied to the Mauna Kea Beach hotel next door but when we tried to attend programs there they said we couldn't... Little issues but they do matter.

Over all, I recommend this property but make sure you get the front desk to spend more time with you. Also,,,,, breakfast is good, just know that no Ginger, no Service.

Room tip: Water views are great!
Date of stay: March 2021
Mauna Kea Resort, Other at The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2021

Aloha and mahalo for visiting us to enjoy the beautiful property. We'd like to sincerely apologize for the shortcomings that occurred during your stay. It is through valued feedback such as yours that we can address all issues to exceed the expectations of our guests. Thank you for your time!

Reviewed 4 April 2021

This hotel was newly renovated with nice rooms and thoughtful amenities. We went with another family and enjoyed breakfasts and dinners at the resort. The beach isn’t huge but lounge chairs are well spaced for social distancing - we never felt like the place was over crowded. Great location as well, amazing sunsets !

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank NAWong69

We are glad to hear you had a wonderful time enjoying everything The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort has to offer. Should your travels bring you back to the Island of Hawai'i, we hope to have the pleasure of having you as our guest. Mahalo!

Reviewed 30 March 2021

Had a partial ocean view room, very well appointed and very spacious. Not quite the best location if you're looking to make trips into Kona, much closer to Waimea. Pristine beach and really loved the adult only pool. Fitness center on site is available via reservations only. Service was top notch, great options for self parking and modified valet service.

1  Thank moose938
Mauna Kea Resort, Other at The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2021

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the well-appointed guest room and swimming in the blue waters of Hapuna Beach! It is our pleasure to serve our guests with friendly and helpful service. We hope to serve you again!

Reviewed 30 March 2021

My family and I are currently staying at the this resort and I am very disappointed with the hotel. We stayed here a couple years ago and had a good stay. There are some things lacking, but in hindsight the room we had made up for those shortcomings.

We're staying in a Premiere Ocean Suite like we did last time, but now that they are done with their construction, half of the hotel rooms look out on a nice bright yellow roof top of the residences they've built. In addition, this time they put us right next to the elevator and across from the housekeeping facilities, so there is noise at all hours of the day. I have kindly requested a room change a couple times and have been told they are at max capacity (which seems odd during COVID times). I am paying full rate for this room (which is not inexpensive) and I have been a loyal member to Marriott for many many years and am currently a Titanium Elite member. So I find it odd that as we return we would end up with this view next to elevator and housekeeping. I would understand if I were coming through some package or using points, but I expect better from Marriott properties when I'm a full revenue loyalty customer.

The hotel itself if very nice and the beach is beautiful. However, the pool and beach amenities are very lacking. There is no service on the beach because it's a public beach, which I can't fault them for, but they really should come up with a good alternative to having to walk all the way up to their poolside restaurant. The pool is cold and the pool area is quite basic and really too small for the size of the resort.

The restaurants are fine, but it's been hit or miss, and I've had some pretty tough meals here. Last night I had a braised short rib that had the literal taste of latex in it. Paying Hawaii resort prices for average to below average food does not feel great.

Figures, as I'm writing this I just had a housekeeping person barge into my room after barely knocking once. It kind of feels like it's one of those trips with a comedy of errors, but it all was definitely fixable if they just paid attention. I hope they figure things out, but I will make sure to check before I ever consider coming back here again.

4  Thank MNtoAnywhere
Mauna Kea Resort, Other at The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2021

Aloha, we'd like to sincerely apologize that your stay thus far has not met your expectations. If you are still here on property, please ask to speak to the Hotel General Manager so we can immediately assist you.