All reviewsrolls roycewedding venuecame rounddaughters weddingbeautiful venuedance floorbeautiful weddingevening receptionstaff were amazingwedding receptiongetting readypool tablecouldn't do enoughmain mealspecial occasioncannot faultfollowing morning
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We attended a wedding here recently and I have to say everything was excellent and the food was great. However after spending nearly £200 on a room with breakfast, I asked for a fried egg as there was scrambled eggs on the buffet breakfast. I was told they couldn't cook me a fried egg as, to quote "there would be ructions in the kitchen as they are getting ready for a big function". The function was nothing to do with us or the guests that morning and I don't think it was too much to ask for a fried egg. It was a though I had asked for a piece of the moon or something. Another guest asked for baked beans and that was declined also.
I appreciate that the kitchen were getting ready for another function but when I have spent nearly £200 I do expect them to be able to cook an egg.
I felt this let the hotel down as they were not accommodating in the slightest.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank D C
Reviewed 3 January 2018

After visiting Saddleworth hotel for a wedding we decided to have our first Christmas dinner eating out at the hotel, and we weren't at all disappointed from the first contact we made to organise our booking right through to getting a tax home at the end of a wonderful day we couldn't fault the help and attention we were given by all the staff at the hotel. Everybody made you extremely welcome from the initial bubbles on arrival, there was a very friendly warm atmosphere with a real mixed bunch of party sizes including old and young, familiies and couples and larger groups all of whom got the same fantastic attention throughout the day. The food was absolutely top notch - it was as though they were just catering for you and not cooking a meal for 100 people the quality and taste of all the dishes was absolutely top notch. If you are looking for somewhere to book for your next Christmas lunch then booking the Saddleworth Hotel you surely won't be disappointed...

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and myself went to a ball here with 2 of our friends, the venue overall was decent. There were no signs to say where the front door is luckily we saw a couple going in when we got there. No one told us where we could leave our coats and jackets and when I asked the staff they just rolled it up and put it on the floor behind reception desk. The owner made a brief appearance wearing trainers of all things! I was rather creeped out by the tacky “art work” on the wall of the stairs, a charcuterie of the owner with his car with a very creepy grin. The food was nice but the chicken that was served to my 2 friends and myself made us all vomit, my husband didn’t throw up as he got his before we did from a different tray.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
12  Thank Gemma-louise P
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

WOW WOW WOW fantastic venue great staff well organised
Superb food Chris is fantastic chef) Not only is this place awesome me and the wife spend a lot of time here
As we have met some new friends thanks AJ Scott Daniella Sandy Callum Josh Kelly and Scarlett

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank leet118
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Only attended this hotel as a guest at a wedding. The first thing is watch the prices of your drinks. We ordered a round when we arrived (two drinks), which were expensive to say the least. When we ordered the exact same round, it would have cost us an extra £2.00, until we told the barman that that's £2.00 more than the last round. He apologised as he forgot that the half pint of lager that he poured 2 minutes previously was a pint. Then when we sat down to eat. Nobody could eat the vegetables as they were one step up from being harvested, they were really raw and hard. On our table, one of the guests stuck her fork in a cauliflower and it slipped off the plate and landed a good distance away. Then when the wine came round, everyone had two glasses of wine each, but they missed my husband, and didn't even turn round to pour him one. I would love to know how much the bar staff made that day on the "expensive" drinks, etc, etc

Room Tip: Don't know as we didn't stay
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family