All reviewsfruitcakegoogle mapsilha grandeperfect place to relaxenjoyed our stayother travelersfew minutes walkbeautiful gardennice breakfastrooms are cleanrecommend this placehilljungledormhostelpier
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I stayed at Holandes Hostel for three nights and wish I could stay longer! The place is absolutely beautiful with a big outdoor area and wonderful nature around. Staff speaks English and is super friendly. Wifi is good, rooms are clean, water is hot and the kitchen is new and well-equipped. Breakfast is probably the best I had in a hostel for a very long time, so much choice! I absolutely recommend this place, definitely stay there if you visit Ilha Grande!
Cheers,
Patrick

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We spent 5 nights at the Holandes Hostel. I wish we had more time!

The most impressive thing of this hotel is its lovely environment - the employees are very kind and helpful and you'll find yourself in a lovely green & colourful garden. The rooms were clean and cozy.
The breakfast was very good - fresh fruit, daily baked cakes and very good coffee.

I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Opt for the cabins!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2017

The staff was just amazing they were so nice.The bunk beds were very comfortable and all the hammocks you could lay on were great.This was the best hostal I stayed at in Brasil.I recommend it 100%.The vibe in the hostal was just amazing!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2017

first of all holandes hotel all staff was great
friendly, helpfull, always try to set up the best for your interest !
its super clean, the breakfast is very tasty
its up to the hill but 2 min walk from the main street.
you dont get the vue on the sea, but you are in the jungle

Room Tip: bungalows on the right
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a dorm here for 5 nights in March 2017. The hostel has potential, being set in front of the jungle with an open and friendly vibe. However our dorm room didn't have warm water (and I say warm loosely) until the day we left so had to keep waiting for the restroom to become free in the dorm next door. We were initially told this was a trait of the island but after 4 days of asking we finally had someone look at the shower and fix it! The air conditioning also stopped working for a couple of nights.

Other than that we enjoyed our stay here. Everywhere is kept very clean and the breakfast is great! Home made cake and fresh fruit each morning - yummy!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple