All reviews carob tree heated pool private beach steam room the cliff family pool half board relaxing holiday walking holiday peace and quiet overlooking the sea adult pool maltese islands lovely setting main restaurant games room the general manager
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We arrived on a Friday for a one night stay before heading back to the UK. The first room we were shown to, room 62 was dark and smelt terribly of damp! The general manager, a feisty man could not understand what the problem was, got our nationality wrong and was generally very unpleasant. We we were moved to room 104, better although a tired bathroom, broken China lamp not really what you expect when paying €196 per night! We ate at the restaurant by the sea, beautiful setting, fab food and charming waiters. The hotel I would say is more suited to the over 60's.

3  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I'm afraid most of the negative reviews are spot on. It was clearly a beautiful Hotel in a great setting when it first opened, but any subsequent capital expenditure is not much in evidence. Our room showed signs of rising damp in the walls and was all rather tired. Patched up umbrellas over some of the poolside loungers were indicative of the overall lack of investment and attention to detail. Evening restaurant food in the hotel and at the Kantra waterside restaurant was average at best. Staff lacked the training expected of a quality hotel.

2  Thank Pipberry
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel. Maybe not 5 stars now as it's in need of investment, but still a lovely setting and layout. What needs updating? Well the gym equipment is ancient and without AC. The sunloungers and cushions are passed their sell by date. The decor and furniture is in need of a refresh. Some of the towels are thin and hard. The shower is temperamental and the kettle in the room should be dumped as it was rusty!
Having said all that the staff try their best to be helpful and friendly. I got feather pillows when I asked for them and the room AC was fixed within 48hours. The pool areas are lovely and peaceful with great views. They run a free shuttle bus to Victoria and to Il Kantra but it runs only two/three times a day and not in the evening.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JeremyKnott
Reviewed 11 September 2017

This hotel was booked as the final 3 days of our honeymoon, and we could not have chosen better. The room was excellent, just yards from the adults only pool, but you would never know it, it was so quiet. The hotel welcomed us with a bottle of bubbles and a basket of fruit. The scenery is stunning, with views over the sea to Comino & Malta. The hotel provides a free shuttle bus to the capital, or to the local private Lido. The restaurant both at the hotel & at the Lido are excellent, with friendly knowledgeable staff and the prices are very reasonable. Internet is included in the common areas and your room.

2  Thank 187billw
Reviewed 10 September 2017

This is the first review I have made but I feel strongly that people need to know that this place is not 5 star and not worth th € 200 per night fee. The staff were lovely and I had asked for a quiet room which I got but the place is dirty. Our bathroom had brown stains and the towels and shower curtains were thread bare. I did complain but the lady said that our room (30) was one of the ones they had refurbished. The pool and the pool area was grimy and dirty. I have written to the owner but as yet I haven't had a reply.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple