“Fabulous dinning”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family run restaurant,
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went here Easter Sunday for dinner. The menu was excellent! Beautiful setting and friendly, welcoming staff who fitted us in even though we hadn’t booked and it was busy. Local wine was delicious and yummy started course came without ordering it! Pasta was good and we had a really good evening.

1  Thank LisaCamino123

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a delicious meal at Ta’Tona – started with the fish cakes and went for the lamb shank as a main. Let me tell you, it was some of the most delicious lamb I've had in a while. It had obviously been braised for a while because it just fell off the bone. Simply stunning! They did show me the fresh fish of the day which looked incredible but I have an aversion to bones…As a solo traveller, I felt it was a nice atmosphere, not too fussy but still great quality. The staff were all extremely friendly and were very attentive throughout, particularly the main guy with glasses. Very reasonably priced too!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went on spec, having walked miles on Gozo, and they fitted us in. They were all very friendly, particularly the chef whose mother had given her name to the restaurant - we had a good chat. We had good local white wine at a good price (drank a whole litre between us which added to our contentedness), were served complimentary pates to start, and then I had a linguine con frutta di mare which has spoiled me for any future one - it was REAL - felt like the sea! My husband had a very fresh fish (bream? bass?) which he said was excellent, with tasty vegetables. We rolled home on the ferry very content. So much so that we nipped over on the ferry again, in very extravagant fashion, to have supper on Easter Sunday. We hadn't booked as we had no details, but they still managed to slip us in. I had linguine vongole this time. On this occasion a rogue clam took umbrage so I had a bad night later, but that's a risk you always take with sea food and has not dimmed the memory. My husband's fish was equally delicious: he took it on himself this time and fought it to the death, but the staff will happily fillet it for you. Very friendly, very good food, of which happy memories are made. The ferry is a saunter away, however much you are swaying, and takes you quickly and easily back over the water, with the moon shining overhead.

1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spent the evening walking around in Victoria but couldn't find a restaurant we liked, so we called this restaurant based on TripAdvisor reviews and they had a table available.

The staff was very friendly, seemed to genuinely care about the food.

We both had the fried baby calamari, and I had the swordfish, both were very good.
I remember having some kind of chocolate dessert which was excellent.

The service was not exceptionally fast on the night in question, with the restaurant being completely full. It wasn't particularly slow either, and I didn't mind waiting a little in between courses, but keep it in mind if you're in a hurry.

I found it to be on the more expensive side for Malta, but not compared to restaurants back home.

The restaurant itself seemed tiny and we were seated in the outside area, which was covered with a plastic tent in November.
I felt this plastic tent was not the most elegant decor but it wasn't really that obtrusive and at least I wasn't cold. We saw this in many other restaurants in Malta/Gozo.

The TV bothered me, though. There is a big television near the bar and on the night we were there, they had a football game on. It ruined the ambiance a little.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely delicious from local red wines to carpaccio and pasta. Very friendly staff and great food!

1  Thank Marie N