7,175 results
All reviews coral restaurant brazilian restaurant main restaurant late breakfast bowling alley animation team sports bar kids club sea bank all inclusive hotel a pool view room family room on tap adult pool the bus plenty of choice free safe
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

As someone who has previously stayed at DBSeabank and had some wonderful times, things have gone downhill quite considerably.

The Hotel is situated in an enviable location overlooking a large sandy beach with a lovely old fashioned town just a mile up the hill.

They offer five themed restaurants, offering different food choices, so you would hope something for everyone.

The bar and cleaning staff as ever work very hard and put in long hours, they are always courteous and try to make your holiday as pleasant as possible.

The problem is with the management and running of the Hotel where the issues seem to be.

It is still advertised as a 4* venue, but no longer comes across as one.

The Hotel really needs to be maintained, tidied up generally, not just aesthetically, but for safety reasons as well. The rooms are tired with cracked tiles and stains on the walls and ceilings.

It Is heavily understaffed. There are a three bars, but only one is open at any one time, causing regular long queues, and discontentment with holiday makers. (As a recognised visitor of the Hotel, the embarrassed bar staff confirmed this to me).

On Sundays the restaurant is used by the locals which has always been the way, and gives the Hotel extra revenue.
Unfortunately the paying guests are the ones who suffer.
The locals are given first class treatment, eating at nicely laid tables in the seafront restaurant, being waited on hand and foot, by the Senior staff.
The paying guests are put in a small back room and hurried through their meals. I even witnessed tables being cleared so quickly between courses and the returning guests finding their tables moved upon their return.

My family and I have always enjoyed staying at this Hotel, but this will be our last visit. It has lost that quality and personal touch that we always used to look forward to.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank pup67
dbSeabank, Manager at db Seabank Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear pup67,

Thank you for taking some time to review in detail your holiday experience at db Seabank Resort + Spa.

We are saddened to read your review whereby you feel that our Resort 'does not come close to 4* star 'and but cannot agree with you that we give first class treatment only to locals since we treat all our guests equally. I also cannot understand your point that 'locals are given seafront tables and paying guests are put in back small room'. The coral restaurant is a one large restaurant and all tables are laid with the same table linen. Our restaurant supervisors at the door are trained to show all entry guests to a clean table irrelevant of the location within the restaurant or nationality.

The bars are opened according to the weather and occupancy levels and since the weather is getting hotter, the pool bar is opened during the morning, with the cocktail bar opens at 4pm daily.

I am very disappointing that your last stay with us left you in bad taste and I would have preferred if you had approached one of our duty Managers who i am sure we would have addressed your issues straight away, so you would have had a great stay with us, which Seabank is renowned for.

regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018

A friend and I have just returned from this hotel which we booked for 4 nights with Love Holidays (23-27 March) and from the start we found everything about it to our complete satisfaction, booking in was extremely efficient with all the staff very friendly.
A thunder storm on the evening we arrived and rain overnight did not dampen our spirits, the following night had rain but during each day was dry although quite windy and the average was just 16 degrees, a pity as the week before and now this week I believe the temperature is in the 20’s.
The hotel was spotless and our room was very large with comfortable beds and towels changed every day, also the bonus of having tea and coffee provided as well as free Wifi throughout the hotel, a free safe and also a fridge in the room with free water supplied. There were also water coolers where you could refill bottles, saving an extra expense.
The main pool was very large (a few people in there said it was cold) also an indoor pool which looked lovely but never too busy and a Jacuzzi as well.
Five restaurants on site which were bookable near reception, so be quick as the spaces were limited, however its always worth going to a particular restaurant to check as when we booked, there were plenty of spaces even though the booking system said they had none. We can really recommend both the Asian and A la Carte.
The main bar area was spotless with a very good system so no queue jumping and the spirits and cocktails extremely good quality, with an added bonus of no children after a certain time (early evening) whether this is the case in the height of summer one could only hope!
The main evening entertainment started with the usual kid’s time then a few quizzes then singers and dancers which were good but a bit repetitive all held in the large dome so plenty of space and again drinks were good, all in all better than no entertainment at all.
A visit to the island of Gozo is a must and couldn’t believe the price of the ferry was just 4.65euros each.
All in all a very pleasant stay and we would highly recommend this hotel, we would have no hesitation of staying here again,
Malta is a lovely island with lovely people.

Room Tip: Our sea view room got no sun at all, pool view gets the sun most of the day
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 92beverleyc

Dear 92beverleyc,

Allow us to thank you for taking time to write a such a positive five star review. We are thrilled that you had a fantastic time with us here at db Seabank Resort + Spa.

Thank you for recommending us to others and it will be an honour if you would join our family of repeat guests..

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Any chance of getting a proper coffee at this hotel? No is the answer plus they sell coffees for £1 Euro which are served in tiny cups hard to find a proper coffee at this hotel. The machines use powdered milk and coffee and there is nothing around the hotel. Not impressed so far with the quality of food and drinks here.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank ankit59

Dear ankit59,

Would you kindly contact the duty manager by reception, so that we will discuss and find solutions for your mentioned points please?

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We read other reviews and were excited to come but it’s been a little disappointing.

The hotel facilities are fine, the family rooms are large with a sliding door separating the kids off.

The pool is huge but freezing cold despite the weather being warm. There is an indoor pool which is a gorgeous temperature but it was so full of young teenagers bombing into the pool it’s not good for adults or younger children.

My main issue was the food. I’m vegetarian and I’m used to have little choice abroad but there is literally no separate vegetarian meal you have to walk around looking for bits of something to make a meal. Mostly I ate salad, some nights there was a vege pasta and one night there were veg samosas. Aside from being vege the food still isn’t great, in the main restaurant lunch is similar to dinner and the fruit is basic, fresh melon but tinned pineapple and peaches...I expect better from a 4 star hotel. Breakfast is crazy, I’m typing this from my room as I couldn’t get into the main restaurant for breakfast so am waiting for the Laguna bar to open which serves a later, slightly more basic breakfast.

The Laguna bar for lunch is snacks is quite good and is usually where we end up as opposed to the main restaurant.

There are 5 other restaurants in the hotel you can book which is great for a change of scenery, but 3 are buffet style which is a shame as that’s what I tend to get bored of...fighting to get to the chips!! The Italian is amazing and is served like an ordinary restaurant where you’re served. The American diner made great efforts for vegetarians with a vege chilli and vege burger.

The maids are great and our room looked amazing each afternoon when we returned.

The shuttle buses are not good, old vehicles, lots of pick ups and not much cheaper than a taxi for a family of 4.

You can only get 2 drinks at a time from the bar at any time which is annoying so one of us were back and forth whilst one stayed with the kids.

There is generally only one bar open at a time in the day so be prepared to walk a fair bit for your 2 drinks!!

Overall the service isn’t good enough. The restaurant is too small for the hotel at breakfast. There aren’t enough bars in the day for the size of the hotel. 2 drinks at a time is tight and you cannot take food to you sun bed.

We won’t be coming back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank T29CYG

Dear T29CYG,

Thank you for finding time to write your review.

I hope you can read my reply whilst you are still with us as I kindly ask you to contact our Executive chef through the restaurant desk to discuss your dietary requirements.

I am sure they are able to offer you a vast choice of dishes for your liking.

best regards

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

best hotel ive had the pleasure of staying and ive been in quite a few in my 67 years ive booked to go back in october cannot waite our room was large and very comfortable cleaned to a high standard every day .the faciitys perfect food amazing bars great staff lovely very attentive and helpful plenty to do swimming pool great my 2 grandaughters had such a great time they did not want to leave

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank margaret b

Dear margaret b,

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your amazing experience regarding your stay with us
I was extremely delighted to read your lovely comments regarding our Resort facilities, I am glad they have exceeded your expectations.

We always strive to deliver our services on the highest level of standards thus I will make sure to pass your lovely feedback on my colleagues who will be more than happy to hear them.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to db Seabank Resort + Spa in October.

Kind regards,