1,226 results
All reviews garden bar extensive gardens krystal restaurant palm trees garden room resident band evening entertainment direct access to the beach house band older clientele sea view tennis courts gran canaria branded spirits table service all inclusive hotel main restaurant
Reviewed 21 April 2016

The initial view of this hotel is an unattractive sixties building but this belies the actual hotel. The staff were all very helpful, the public areas were lovely and the extensive gardens were brilliant. The hotel has a wonderful location right by the beach with the Maspolamas dunes literally on the doorstep and upmarket shops a short walk away.
The all inclusive food/ drinks were good quality and generous with variety each day within the buffet theme. My only critical comment would be the rather dated bedrooms & ours had a high step up to the balcony/table area. This caused me a problem as I have arthritic hips/knees & there was no support to climb up or down & the maid kept moving a stratigically placed chair.Wifi was free throughout the hotel and worked!!! I would certainly visit this hotel again as it had such a relaxed friendly atmosphere.

Stayed: February 2016
1  Thank Le H
Reviewed 30 March 2016

This was my 5 visit to Riu Oasis, and will not be my last, as a solo traveler it es very pleasant, everyone is incredibly friendly, and although the hotel is old, here spotless
clean and everything works perfectly! so forget all about negative coments!! The food is god and with many options, however, a small minus, scrambled eggs are dry and doll, especially if you are early in the morning and the bacon very thin and overcooked, yes a small problem, but i just love my breakfast.
I must mention my evening waiter, he is fantastic and was always in a god mood, (sorry can't remember the name) and the incredible friendly young lady, that in the morning made my table ready for one person and always greeted you with a big smile.
(table 75)
Upon arrival I was welcomed by a friendly Receptionist he upgraded me to a nice double room with gardejwiews, and he also brought my suitcase to my room, very pleasant!
A big plus for me is that they've got free WI-FI in all areas, and it is very fast!!
So thank you all for a very nice holiday!!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank vbpedersen13
Reviewed 23 March 2016

There are two flavours of hotels on the Meloneras boulevard: five star 'factories' and the Oasis Palace. There are others but not on the boulevard.

The main boulevard hotels are huge (1000+ rooms), but are perhaps more modern. The factory approach is not our gig so we prefer the Oasis. The Oasis is smaller (350-odd rooms) and has spectacular gardens.

The hotel is slightly dated and could use more than a lick of paint. The food is good but not great and the RIU 5-star is better.

If you're looking for a week of relaxation and sunshine it's fine. We also go for walks along the boulevard (about 4-5K walk round trip) and the sand dunes towards Playa de Ingles.

In the winter (say to about mid-March) GC attracts a tourist population of more elderly people - this is here too. We are both in our fifties but lowered the average age in early March.

The hotel is in need of a refurbishment - it's dated, but not terrible...just about gets by.

We did not accept our first room and after one night we moved to an excellent room with a garden view - room 151. But the other suites would be at least as good. We also ordered a top-mattress as the basic mattresses were uncomfortable.

Most spectacular is the garden - massive pal trees, loads of space, good loungers and peace and quiet. Great for sun tan and book-reading hours. For us this beats the other hotels on the boulevard with lots of plastic and white and sterile appearance.

So it's OK, but it is a 4-star RIU - don't expect 5-star.

We will probably go again for a sunshine break, but not in the winter months as we prefer people of our own (or younger) age(!)

So, all in all, a bit of mixed review. But perhaps the fact that we might go again is the best summary.

Room Tip: Ground floor (surprisingly!) garden view, suite. (eg 151,153, 155)
Reviewed 21 March 2016

The hotel is in a great location - minutes from the dunes in one direction and the shops and restaurants of Meloneras in the other. There is a gate from the Hotel grounds directly onto the beach.
The pool area and grounds are lovely - the grounds around the hotel are surprisingly extensive and are a great area to chill out and relax in. Really nice.
The food is pretty standard for an all inclusive hotel but a good standard and the alacarte restaurant worth booking - there is no limit to the amount of times you can go.
Wine and alcohol are a good standard as well and th soft drinks are brand names which is good.
The spa is really only treatment rooms offering a limited number of treatments - we went a couple of times and it was very professional.
A few people have said the rooms and communal areas are dated - they are but are in good condition and it's quite sweet.
The service from all parts of the team was excellent - very responsive and professional.
Again, have read some comments that the beds are hard - we mentioned this to reception and they changed them out for softer ones the same day.
It's a personal comment but was taken aback at how old the clientele was in the first few days - nobody was using the pool and they where quite unfriendly. I wa really happy that the age group got younger after the first few days and there was a much more lively but still very chilled atmosphere. Wasn't party central - not what we would want - but much more comfortable. Not the hotels issue, mine.
Would Eco come back again.

PS: would just add that the wifi was excellent. Best of any tourist hotel I've been in both in the hotel and in the grounds. Didn't drop out at all and covered all areas.

Room Tip: 507 - fifth floor - sea facing
2  Thank Iainthomas39
Reviewed 21 March 2016

Just back from a short stay at the Oasis, which was our fourth holiday there in the last couple of years. We have reviewed this hotel before and there is little to add, apart from that it continues to be one of our favourites. For us it's all about the fantastic gardens in which to relax and then there's the beach just outside the garden gate. Great food - warm & friendly staff - that is the reason why so many come back year after year.