We have just got back from a week long family holiday. Was a little concerned given some of the reviews on here but we had a lovely time. The hotel is quite a way out but we got the bus a couple of times and on other occasions walked into town and got a taxi back (about 4/5 Euros with a tip). If we travelled as a couple we would probably have got a taxi into Playa del Ingles of an evening but we were away as a family so it suited us. It was about 40/45 mins walk into Maspalomas with a pushchair which was nice and pleasant in the warm weather. Walking back would probably take a lot longer as it's up a hill.
The whole hotel is kept very clean and the rooms were cleaned to a high standard. Towels changed every time the room was cleaned (every day apart from a Wed and Sun).
Check in was slow but not a huge problem and the staff were pleasant. The bar staff in the pool bar made a fuss of our little boy and were always friendly. The house wine wasn't the best but it was drinkable. All inclusive guests cannot drink in the lobby bar but that didn't bother us.
Our room looked onto the pool bar which some people may not like but we didn't experience any noise once the door was shut and we were quite happy to sit out of an evening and have a drink (which we got from the bar and took back ourselves and noone said anything).
We were all inclusive and the food was very much the same on a daily basis and by the end of the week we couldn't wait to come home for a decent meal. If you like Pork you will love it as it's nearly on the menu every night. A different potato dish as well as chips would also have been nice. We ate out near the beach a couple of times and the food was lovely.
We would recommend this hotel but would say don't expect too much from the food. You won't go hungry just get fed up with the same food all the time. If we went again we would probably go half board and eat a nice lunch out every day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The varied entertainment program for all ages and its spacious double and family rooms make this the ideal place to make the most of every minute of a family holiday. Located in Sonnenland (Maspalomas), there is a free shuttle bus service to the beach several times a day. Relax in the jacuzzi between 2 swimming pools and let us keep your family amused with our extensive entertainment program. This hotel is ideal for families or couples seeking a fun place to be and who want to enjoy the day with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dunas Mirador Maspalomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunas Mirador Maspalomas Hotel Maspalomas
- Dunas Mirador Hotel Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Dunas Mirador Hotel
- Dunas Mirador Maspalomas Gran Canaria