AxelBeach Maspalomas(Playa del Ingles)
US$100
US$95
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

Sol Barbacan Hotel(Playa del Ingles)
US$144
US$131
Occidental Margaritas(Playa del Ingles)
US$154
US$146
  • Pool
Seaside Sandy Beach(Playa del Ingles)
US$212
US$176
  • Pool
IFA Buenaventura Hotel(Playa del Ingles)
US$137
US$122
  • Restaurant
Hotel Dunas Suites and Villas Resort(Maspalomas)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$201
US$188
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$213/night.

Melia Tamarindos(San Agustin)
US$287,531
TripAdvisor
1,261 results
All reviewsafrican barbarbecue eveningstai chigerman ownedturn down servicepool staffla bodegagran canariathe general managerfive star hoteloutdoor gymwaiter servicehalf boardfour nightsbreakfast buffet isevery eveningsea view
Reviewed 15 April 2011

This is the third April running weare staying at this hotel having been to the Canary Islands thirteen times in ten years. The Palm Beach Hotel is our favourite. The hotel scores highly for service and quality of food, The management set high standards and are very visible, always walking around checking things are ok. There are a few niggles, for instance, this being our third visit at check in (in a five star hotel), I do not expect to be asked "have you stayed here before" in an age of CRM systems, (even a local takeaway can recognise a returning customer) this kind of thing should be covered. The whole check in process seems to be a bit of an ordeal at this hotel as having completed the formwith information they already have, you then have to go to the Concierge to get the room key.

Whilst the public areas are holding up well since the 2002 refurb, the bedrooom are looking a bit tired, although comfortable. The pool areas and gardens and supurb with fantanstic service. There is even pool just for adults. The main restaurant offers a good choice of food to a high standard although the pool bar food is not as good (we have given a miss this year) as there are a number good places for lunch nearby. The majority of guests appear to be older affluent Germans, which suits us as we perfer not to be surrounded by British people whilst on holiday. As I say, a few niggles, otherwise great.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ajp9000
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I wanted to treat my partner. So I choose a 5 star hotel and went through the hotel pictures. It is in a great location and is clean and looks well. And 60% of the staff are very nice, however the front desk staff were unhelpful and sometimes what I would classify as rude. However maybe this was just the language barrier or simply apathy on their part. I ended up walking away twice after speaking with them before I became very annoyed when the could not explain how much my card had been charged, I just rang my bank to clarify matters.

The bed was two single beds joined together, I did not complain because I did not want to speak to the front desk staff again.

A particular concierge just wacthed us bemused when we were having difficulty at one point.

The food was good.

In my experience this is not what I expect when paying a 5 star rate, and I should of left after the first day.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank abba8919
a_vanwijk, Manager at Seaside Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2011

Dear Seaside-Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your feedback and evaluation.

We are really sorry to hear that you and your partner could not enjoy your vacation as you had wished.

It is new to hear a complaint about the friendliness of our staff as they normally are very competent and polite. I will speak to all the staff members to make them aware of their behaviour. I can only apologize for them.

I am glad to hear that you liked our food, as Seaside is renowned for excellent quality and selection of food.

I am sure that if I had been given the opportunity, the issues that you address, especially the single beds, could have been resolved during your stay, and you could have enjoyed your holiday as you have deserved.

We thank you once again for your feedback on this internet platform as this is important for us to improve.

Kind regards,
Sra. Cibrán
Director – Seaside Palm Beach

Reviewed 2 March 2011

We recently stayed at the Seaside Palm in Gran Canaria for a week.

Not our original choice of hotel but the tour operator (Cosmos) informed us our original choice was fully booked the day before we left so we were a bit worried.

The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful towards us. We went with our 9 month old son so I think he had a fair amount to do with it!

The hotel position is great and very close to the beach etc

The food at the hotel was fantastic with a really good selection of food on offer. We asked for food which wasn't even on the menu for our son and they were very accomodating in putting something together for us.

The hotel is 5* so expect the 5* clientel (not us at all!) so we did get a few funny looks from the guests. Almost as if children shouldn't be there! This didn't bother us! The hotel is very popular with the Germans.

Our room was on the third floor and had a view of the swimming pools (4 pools!) and restaurant which was fine. The room could have done with a fresh lick of paint to be honest but other than that the room was great. A decent size but the bathroom was compact.

Entertainment on every night when we were there so you don't really have to stray fair from the hotel on a night. The bar was always busy on a night (I've never seen a hotel bar so busy every night with guests). Drinks were a reasonable price with a good selection on offer.

If you go with children then definitely head to Palmitos Park for the day. The hotel has two childrens pool and kids play area with climbing equipment and swings so enough stuff to keep them entertained!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank benry
Reviewed 8 February 2011

We visited during winter 2011 and were blessed with fine, dry weather althougt it was rather windy at the start of the week. The hotel is large with a mainly older German clientale. There is an on site doctor which is very useful, my wife had to visit him 3 times with a bad neck. There are nearby chemists. The spa and pool bar were good and the food generally excellent althougr the service could be hit and miss. We took taxi rides [about £20] to Puerto Rico [tacky] and to Morgon [nice] but apart apart from that stayed around the pool and went for walks towards the lighthouse.
All in all a good break.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2010

The hotel initially looks a little forbidding - there is something of the feel of 1960s council housing in the high concrete facades and there is an intimidating flight of steps to negotiate before you arrive in the lobby. But once there you recieve a friendly and efficient welcome before being whisked into the beautiful lounge complete with contemporary decor and genuine Mies van de Rohe Barcelona chairs for a glass of chilled cava.

The rooms are ok but the bathrooms are definately small for a hotel of this price category. I would also agree with other reviewers comments on the pillows. Cleaning is good and the views over the dunes and Atlantic are sensational.

Also sensational are the gardens... no less then 4 swimming pools, spa, gym, beautiful lawns, windy paths through the palm trees and so on.

Dinner is an excellent buffet - absolutely no complaints there! Chocolate mousse was historic. And the breakfasts amazing... omelettes whisked up for you were light and delicious.

Good points... the gardens, pools, food are all faultless

Not so good.. some of the staff ( a minority) are a bit surly - especially at the pool bar - 3 club sandwiches and cokes will set you back 35 euros - so a smile wouldn't do any harm..

Then, is it fair to mark a hotel down by reason of its guests? They are 95% elderly german.. not much sense of humour in evidence... rules preventing reserving of sunbeds before 7am- says it all? More then a few of them were downright rude. But on the other hand - it does result in a beautiful, spotless and well run hotel. So whats the problem?

• Stayed: November 2010