“Excellent ”
Review of El Ventall - CLOSED

El Ventall
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A restored Mediterranean farmhouse that has been turned into an intimate and welcoming restaurant. In the pleasant and peaceful environment of our restaurant you will find a fresh and impeccable seasonal menu with dishes from our local area.
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Excellent food here, stayed for lunch as we were on half board in hotel, it was a lovely atmosphere, quick service and reasonable priced

Annabel G, Gerente at El Ventall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

Thank you very much for your comment.
We are grateful for your wonderful review of our food and service.
Thanks for your time. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2015

We were quite surprised to be brought to this fine establishment with some local firends. The service was impeccable. The host was very polished. The food was classic Catalan with a very fine presentation. We had great carn d'olla, seafood and wonderful desserts. The restaurant has a nautical theme, and is very comfortable. I would go back for a very special occassion for sure. Worth a trip here to be surprised! Expensive.

1  Thank dogeyedoctor
Reviewed 15 November 2014 via mobile

Worth a visit I found the food pretty good the place itself is okay, like any review make your own mind up, although the reviews for here seem fairly critical it is worth a visit regardless.

1  Thank 640lawrencem
Annabel G, Responsable Comunicación at El Ventall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2014

Dear,

Thanks for to sharing your experience, and makes us happy that you enjoyed.

We hope to see you again.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Had dinner last night 3 people. We were the only table. We all opted for the 49 euro seasonal tasting menu. The food was awful. Mostly frozen, badly executed,(menu sounded great). I expected to wake today with food poising, luckily I didn't!

For a restaurant in the Michelin guide this is a must avoid! Next to a strip club and restaurant area was over run with pregnant cats.

The service was good. But honestly worst good I've had in a long time.

Annabel-Glez, Responsable Comunicación at El Ventall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Mr,

Firstly, we are grateful for to share your impressions about our restaurant, all feedback from our customers are useful for to improve.

We have good answer from all clients who decided to taste our seasonal menu, because all products are fresh and the same season.
In your case, we remember that your plates came empty in the kitchen, so for us is a way to understand that you liked the food, if not we would have solved.

We hope to see you again.
Regards.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is probably the best restaurant in the Blanes and Lloret area, but it is also a pricey one for a special occasion. However you can eat there more cheaply. I've eaten here many times over the years and I always go during the week for a lunchtime "menu del dia" which has always been mouthwatering and a bargain at around 20 euros. This year we returned and it seemed as if the restaurant had changed management. The menu had shot up to 30 euros and while it was good, it wasn't as outstanding as I have eaten in the past, and failed to justify the huge increase in price. The service was excellent, as it always has been, so I'm in two minds about whether or not it was worth splashing out on. There are lots of new restaurants springing up that I'm sure will give El Ventall a run for its money, so I think I might stick to them in the future. I'll miss the lovely lunches here, but times are tough!