All reviews shower gel beautiful hotel great location for the beach star hotel big balcony rooftop pool plenty of bars and restaurants breakfast was excellent junior suite short walk tv gym algarve reception renovation balconies umbrellas
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We did not book ahead but once arrived, we asked to see a room. Stunning! In this price range it was absolutely fantastisc! Spacious room with modern decor. Back at the reception we asked for a room with a double bed (most rooms in the Algarve appears to have single beds) - but htey found one for us and when we asked to stay another day, the manager found a way for us to stay in the room, even though it had been booked for the following night. Very good service indeed.
The restaurant had a great dinner buffet, and Friday night (our first night), there was live music - very appropiate, not too loud or upbeat. Food great! Ambience in restaturant also very good (a few couples occasionaly dancing) and the restaurant was SO cozy.
The breakfast buffet was excellent - and there was a large selection of gluten free bread and at dinner there was gluten free pasta.
Our room had a city view and a small balcony - just great. Also the blinds worked very well.
The decor of our room was wonderfull. The spa/pool was cozy - spa not very hot though. We will definetely stay again!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel reminded me of a 4 star hotel in the U.K.
My wife and I really enjoyed our stay, and will return hopefully next year.
We had a junior suite on the 4th floor at the corner of the building with 2 balconies offering sunshine all day.
The room was excellent, very spacious, with 2 large comfortable armchairs.
If I had one criticism, and this was noted by my wife, that the dressing table/desk did not have a mirror above it to do her hair and makeup.
The breakfast was excellent. We did not eat dinner there as the dining room was very busy in the evenings.
The rooftop swimming pool area was nice and could offer some shade under the umbrellas.
We did not use the gym, but it looked to have excellent equipment.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Booked a flight and hotel together, flight was 06:00, so arrived at the hotel at 10:00, I was told check in was 15:00 so to come back then, came back at 15:00, room still not ready,
The room was nice, clean and modern, the bed almost the same size as the pool on the roof, the roof pool is tiny with about a dozen beds which don't open until 10:00. There is no area to relax, the roof top area is to small and very little seating at reception. Breakfast was average, the bar is in the restaurant. This was my 11th time in Monte Gordo and I would have to say this was my worst Hotel experience so far. The best hotels fill up quickly. Will be back to Monte Gordo, but not the Prime Energise.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Great hotel - comfortable rooms with balconies, friendly and helpful staff, good cocktails, good restaurant, roof terrace hotel, sea views, yoga mats in the room, short walk from lovely beach. Fantastic Buffet Breakfast. Could't ask for more!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank C O
Reviewed 28 September 2018

We had a lovely stay lovely room junior suite with sea view. exceptionally clean with comfortable beds. Food was amazing if a little large for me, which concerned the waiter who was convicted I didn’t like it and wanted to bring me a replacement All the staff were friendly and helpful.
The pool is a little small but lovely being on the roof got very hot. But the weather was particularly hot for the time of year.
Monte Gordo was a pleasant surprise after reading sone negative reviews, it had plenty of bars and restaurants a fabulous beach. Friendly people loved it.
Now for a negative the hotel has no outside space to sit in the shade and have a drink, day or night the roof pool bar was great but was very hot during the day and shut at 8pm after that: The indoor bar was in the restaurant, so you couldn’t sit and relax and have a drink in there. So after dinner you would have to go into town to have a drink and a little entertainment:
This hotel is not suitable for children for us that was nice. But I wouldn’t recommend for families.
I hope they keep this standard up, I would definitely go back when the temperature is a little lower.

Room tip: Junior suite worth the little extra coast
Trip type: Travelled as a couple