All reviews the breakfast area railway station great location comfortable bed modern hotel oslo airport one night hangers clothes brand kettle min ride spread gym floor facilities
Reviewed 12 August 2018

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Marta_Person, Manager at Scandic Lillestrom, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We stayed three nights at the Scandic Lillestrom. The room was clean and a good size. It's a good location across from the train station. The only issue was with breakfast. There was a waffle station next to the gluten free items. I asked one of the employees if the batter was gluten free and she said, "yes". After I put the batter into the maker, I saw the ingredients sign and they WERE NOT gluten free. This mistake could have made people very sick. Please tell your employees that if they don't understand the question or are not sure, check with someone that does.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Marta_Person, Manager at Scandic Lillestrom, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Hello Sylvi M,

First of all thank you for your choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to leave a review!
We are glad to read you noticed our convenient location and that you liked the room. Thank you also for feedback about the waffle batter, we will make sure that all employees have proper information and know the importance of understanding the questions. Thank you for the recommedations and we wish you a warm welcome back!

Manager
Marta Person

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I arrived to the hotel on monday morning at 9 a.m and wanted to leave luggage there, but I was told that I can already have my room. It was a pleasant surprice.

My room was just as nice as the hotel itself. The hotel is located next to Lillestrom railway station from where the train to the city center and airport in the other direction takes only 10 min. Next to the hotel is a good crocery store and a couple of nice restaurants. Adidas outlet will open in July ’18.

The breakfast and lunch were excellent. You could easily choose healthy food thanks to the fresh vegetables and smoothies. The lunch buffet was far away from the normal Norwegian lunch (sandwitch, coffee and lemo).

I would recommend this hotel to business and someone who wants good connections to the airport and university.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Jannicke L, General Manager at Scandic Lillestrom, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Helo Pinssi,

Thank you for the warm recommedantions on your stay here with us. We are so happy to read and not bleast humble from your fantastic feedback. Nothing makes us more happy that to know that our guests had a great stay! Thank you for the lovely feedback on the location, the hotel itself, the surroundings and our breakfast and lunch. We really appreciate it.

We wish you a great summer and a warm welcome back to us!

Jannicke Holmgreen Lorentzen
General Manager Scandic Lillestrøm

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I stayed for 4 nights here in June while attending an event at the Trade Fair. This is one of the best hotel I have stayed in the last few years. The hotel is right next to the main railway station complex and within walking distance (at most 10 minutes) to most major destinations in town. It is also one of the few hotels that is in a very modern building. I arrived the hotel at 7 am, expected to store my luggage and came back to the hotel later that day to be able to get a room. Surprisingly, I was given a room with no surcharge after a breezy check-in process. Room was well appointed, fully stocked and very large - it is almost like a family room size. It has an excellent view facing the train station. A complete selection of local and continental style breakfast, which was simply beyond lovely. Definitely my preference if I would ever return to this city.

One thing the management might consider to improve though, an anti-slip bath tub mat should be provided. The bathtub gets really slippery when wet, I almost slipped down twice while taking shower.

Room Tip: Rooms at high floor have a very good view to the train station or towards the hill side on the back side of the town.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Hello shintae_nam,

First of all we are very honored to receive such a great feedback regarding your stay with us. We are very happ to read that this was one of the best hotel you have stayed in over the last years! We thank you for the praise and not butleast also feedback regarding the bathroom. We wil definately look into this matter and thank you for feedback regarding the bathroom floor and how we can improve this from now on.

We wish you a warm welcome back to us and a great summer!

Jannicke Holmgreen Lorentzen