See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2015

This hotel is centrally situated for the seafront, the main shopping streets and the numerous restaurants of Knokke-Heist. We received a fulsome welcome from the receptionist despite our early arrival. We had reserved a car park space (€15 per day) which was prudent though not cheap. Our room was spotless with good space and a very comfy large double bed. Much to our surprise our room included a kitchenette with cooker, sink and fridge. Breakfast was given a big build up but whilst plentiful and well laid out we had tasted and seen better. There is a large lounge with plenty seating though we hardly spent time in the hotel to comment further. As an overnight stop before catching a ferry it was a comfortable stay but at €171 an expensive B&B. But everywhere in Knokke is the same!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2015

We spent our Easter weekend at Britannia abs were very positively surprised with the warm atmosphere and comfort of this classic hotel, set between the Zoute shopping and the oustanding villas sourroundings. We never used our car to move around town and it's very comfortable with little kids, our room was nicely refurbished and clean with the crib at no extra cost. A plus is the spacious and elegant common room, with a very well settled kids corner, if interested, and numerous sofas and books shared. We have a doubt regarding the summer period, as rooms seem not to have any airco, to double check.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

First week of August I took my family to the Belgian coast for what should have been a nice family weekend. We booked for one night but as we had so much fun during the day we decided before going to bed to check whether we could book an extra night. The gentleman at the reception confirmed that it was no problem to stay an extra night so we booked it. We went to bed, or at least we tried to, cheap mattresses (with springs), too hot to sleep because there was no airco or fan so we had to sleep with the window open, which was no fun because at 02.30 am a family parked just below our window and while unpacking their car they were shouting and laughing. In the morning we decided to have breakfast near to the beach so we left the hotel around 09.30 hrs. We rented a golfcar and did some shopping. We arrived back at the hotel around 15.00hrs, I was still parking my car, but my wife got immediately verbally attacked by the lady at the reception (who presented herself later as the hotel owner), she shouted to my wife in a very rude tone, we had only booked for one night so why had we not checked out of the rooms at 11.00am. My wife tried to explain that I had booked an extra night but she had no ears to my wife version of the story and literally said my wife was lying. By the time I arrived my wife was extremely upset so I tried to understand what was happening. Apparently the gentleman of the nightshift had not reserved our rooms for the extra night as confirmed, he had to admit this when his boss phoned after we insisted on her contacting him, meanwhile our rooms were given away to other guests. The owner had emptied our 2 rooms during our absence and just put all our belongings in a plastic basket down the stairs, even had the nerve to take our valuables out of the safe which were put in the same basket. We live abroad and we are used to travel all over the world but this type of experience was the first of its kind and this in my home country and at my favourite place at the coast. We had to pack our stuff down the stairs in front of our kids, who did not understand a thing of this absurd situation, and other guests that were coming and going, so an extremely embarrasing situation and this while we were the victims of extreme rude & unprofessional hotelmanagement. Be aware of what you put in your safe because the owner does mess with your valuables whenever she feels like. We should have phoned the police as my wife suggested but I felt already too humiltiated that I just wanted to get out of this place. While my family was putting our luggage in the car I did the check out, the hotel owner who finally understood her mistake said she would compensate by not charging the extra bed for the kids and the parking (€15), I told her that the extra bed had never even been put in the room. I paid the full fare of €370,00 (breakfast not incl.) for two rooms for one night with no airco, bad beds and the worst hotel experience ever. I sincerely warn all future visitors of Knokke Zoute not to make the same mistake as we and select another 3 star ???? hotel. Marc & family.

Stayed: August 2014
11  Thank Marc S
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just stayed one night. Room was very clean, beds ok, bathroom also. Breakfast was very good and very differentiated. Price a bit steep but this is high season, so you are glad to find a room if you need to be in Knokke. The hotel is well located at walking distance from most important things to see and do...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kuni07
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The "Normandy-style" architecture of The Britannia (1929?) almost make the hotel, and its small garden cum terrace, blend in with the surrounding "typical-Knokke"-villa's-and-greens but not without signaling a clear sense of tranquility and subdued refinement. The Manager takes the time to welcome you in a personal way and with a nice sense of humour and, clearly, with pleasure for the job. The spacious room and bathroom I had were very clean, functional yet pleasant, plus devoid of design trends. The same can be said about the very bright breakfast area with traditional furniture; the buffet breakfast was not grand but the products were fresh and of good quality. As I was traveling by bike, the bike park was of particular interest to me.But most of all, in my experience, the quiet yet very central location makes The Britannia a great place to stay when in Knokke; in no time, you are in the better shopping area or in the Old Zoute or on your way to the Dunes, near Het Zwin. I will, definitely, stay there again once fall sets in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends