See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2017

This hotel is well positioned, just on the outskirts of Blankenberge, but feels a little cold and stark. It seems to be geared up to two types of business: one or two week family holidays and conferences. The conference area seems to be in the middle of lots of the rooms in a large building attached to the older hotel, but built in a similar style. They also cater to kids' camps as far as I can see.

We got a room in the more recent block (A). It was really clean, comfortable and had a few English TV channels on the small flat screen. It was fitted with a kitchenette which had clearly never been used, and was complete with cutlery etc and a fridge. It would be a really good self catering base but we opted for B&B.

Our room, near to the bar area, was spoiled a little by a live act singing his heart out (rather well) and the sound of people moving up and down the corridors nearby. We closed the corridor doors, but they are not on springs, so people kept leaving them open. Bit of a pain. I am sure other parts would have been quieter.

The breakfast was, in my view, a fairly good mass market continental style with a limited selection of fresh meats and cheeses, but plenty of breads, packaged cheeses and jams, cereals, fruit and limitless drinks. We could easily have tucked away a thousand calories apiece without anyone being bothered.

They have boules / pétanque on site, a crazy golf course, playground and those pieces of fixed exercise equipment. No pool, but the beach is nearby. I was on dad and son duty so I did not drink anything in the bar area, but it didn't look very relaxing. People seemed to like it though. The crazy golf is a bit of a giggle.

The staff on reception spoke English but I did try some of my French. They are probably still laughing. I never know if I should speak French in whichever part of Belgium I am in.

At about £100 for two in a twin room it wasn't bad value, but I can get the Marriott for that and this was in a different class. You have to understand that it's more of a long stay resort hotel so it needs to be reasonably functional and easily cleaned, so there aren't any carpets in the public areas and it is has an echo.

It is within a 20-25 minute walking distance of Sea World and the main promenade where you will find plenty of rather expensive restaurants, the pier and the famous velodrome. The town was pretty quiet by six pm but there were many bars and restaurants. If you want to drive to town then give yourself about five minutes, but you will spend another twenty looking for a parking space. Trust me, I know.

Would I stay there again? Yes.

Room tip: Do not take a room on the ground floor in block A. They are noisy.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I stayed here one night so that I could meet friends coming off a cruise ship and explore Ghent together. Despite the property seemingly serving as a beach resort of some sort that would presumably attract a wide clientel, information was only in Flemish. The phone was not manned in the evening and only had a recording in Flemish. I understood the word "closed" and thought the property was no longer in service. I couldn't find the property initially because its address sends GPS somewhere else. The sign to the property gets lost in the background.

After letting the phone ring nonstop for 25 minutes, someone finally answered at 7pm - are they understaffed or just not invested? I then found the hotel and got to my simple and outdated room. It was a two-bed room and they didn't even bother making up one of the beds. Thin sheets and blankets with a chilly, windy evening didn't lend to a relaxing night.

The breakfast buffet was unremarkable even in its simplicity. This seems to be a budget place with the simplest of amenities targeting a specific Flemish/Dutch-speaking demographic. It's well past its prime and not a place I'd recommend staying unless driven by other circumstances.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank bigskymj
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Went here for a student exchange programme. Rooms were average, could do with a refurbish but overall was a good experience. Food was served daily and accommodated for all. outside the hotel is great! beach front is just across the road

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2016

It was with much surprise that my booking for a hotel actually transpired into a booking for the most expensive sauna in the world! The vast complex that is the Corsendonk Duinse Polders is sits, disagreeably, outside of Blankenberge, a fact that is omitted from most of the "blurb" about it. A magnet for rude Belgian parents and their equally annoying offspring, queue's-what are they about? Just push in like everyone else.

When we arrived it was the hottest day of the year and to then be met with no air-conditioning in the room; it was not pleasant! You could open your windows but then the smell from the recently muck-spread farmers fields that were "maturing" in the stifling heat would permeate. I know farmers have to do this and so this is understandable, but no air-con, in a room that cost the proverbial arm and a leg! This is just not acceptable.

After a brief saunter in to the crowded sweat-pit that was Blankenberge, we returned after deciding not to pay the gratuitously over priced sums required for sub-standard fayre on offer, only to discover the restaurant closes at 18:00! Sorry but a hotel which then closes its restaurant and this time is clearly bonkers! We were left but with no option to go the bar, 3 Croque Monsieur were ordered and 3 toasted sandwiches arrived. France isn't that far away as to pre-suppose the ability to make a correct Croque Monsieur was lost!

The nights sleep was best described as tortuous the unrelenting heat saw to that, for the price you pay for a room the lack of air-con is indefensible!

There is not much to say that is positive about our stay other than we were lucky in only having the 1 night there, guests staying for longer will be wishing for the end of their stay from the outset.

Breakfast, at least that's what I thought it was a melee of biblical proportions with shoving and pushing, and that was just the senior citizens, whose role seemed to be instil as few good manners into their grandchildren as possible. There was plenty to choose from and in fairness there was more than enough to enable people to go up, not for seconds but also thirds or fourths.

Room tip: If you want to visit Blankenberge I'd suggest staying somewhere in De Haan instead.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Gordon B
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Hotel looks tired, room too hot no air con, bathroom was stinking what we arrived. We had to spray deodorant it was really bad.

Wifi seems good, room is basic but fine. Too expensive for what it is.

Reception was nice, friendly and helpful. Large camping site nearby, very noisy. Car park a fair distance away.

Wouldn't come back.