“Still amazing”

Price range: US$1 - US$59
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Living on fresh air and love - it's not possible - but you can try out our inimitable restaurant in Kufstein In an informal, laid-back atmosphere we serve not only original creations from Tyrolean and Viennese cuisine, but also steaks, grilled on hot lava stone. Add a glass of wine from the excellent selection in our wine cellar and you can really feel the exuberant joie de vivre in the rustic rooms of our restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you to our special restaurant in Kufstein!
Reviewed 11 January 2017

I stayed at Auracher Loechl 3 years ago and loved the restaurant so much that I have spent a lot of time daydreaming about another visit. I made that happen this Christmas and had both a pre-set Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas dinner of the regulard menu. Both were perfect. My boyfriend is veggie and the Chef made a special meal for him and even came out to ask about it. All 3 courses of both of our meals were delicious, but the flank steak I ordered on Christmas was really over the top perfection. I love the variety of seasoned salts they keep on the table and they brought out a few sauces as well and the steak was so tender and just so dang good!! Oh, and order the garlic bread whatever you do, I wish I could have that stuff at every meal. We had great service both nights and they were PACKED solid the second night. I love the ambiance as well, all the dark carved wood and nooks and crannies. One note, if it's cold outside it will be very warm in the main room which is heated by a giant ceramic stove, so dress in layers. We had to be moved or I'm pretty sure I would've cooked through. Both of my visits to Kufstein and I've only eat at AL because I love it that much.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

In a very charming little street across the river, this restaurants offers great food, large local variety, good service and a very nice setting. The bar next to it has a tremendous variety of drinks and cocktails, especially gin ones.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

The food there is very traditional and it is in the old part of town so you can sit next to the window and see what else there is!

1  Thank Snake_Boy_3
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

A really good Tirol restaurant that serves great meat, beer and wine. You can choose your own piece if meat from their speciality. I just had a nice weisse, onion supe and a farmers salad. I can really recommend this salad with nice sliced slightly warm meat on. The environment outside and inside the restaurant is unique and beautiful.

1  Thank Henrik R
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

Good and friendly service, somewhat harried but more customers waiting, so understandable
The surrounding alone is worth a visit, great old building, warmly decorated. The less you mention the food the better it is, food is barely above average. Did not try the steaks which are presented in a refrigerated showcase and actually look very good, aged and marbled