All reviewsfour poster bednational trustcommunal tabledrawing roomother gueststea and biscuitsgorgeous housethames pathroll top bathcooked breakfasttroutfull englishenglish countrysidelovely hostsshared bathroomchoice of cerealsyogurt
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Excellent place to stay, friendly and cosy, good comfy beds, wonderful host, a stones throw from the Thames and buscot lock, well worth to stay, would definitely stay again. Excellent welcome from our host Romney.

Room Tip: All rooms have four poster beds.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This was amazing. Our all-too-brief stay was like being house guests of friends we'd not yet met and the differences from a bland sterile hotel chain experience were positively refreshing. The lack of en suite bathroom, wi-fi and bar were actually positives, their absence adding to the charm and hospitality of this extraordinary place, perfect for a proper break. The period features (the immense four-poster beds amongst them) were numerous and the cooked breakfast (including eggs from the friendly chickens) quite honestly could not have been better. The set-up lent itself to easy interaction with other guests which was also a bonus. And all wrapped up in the warm, generous and good-humoured hospitality of our hostess. Terrific.

Room Tip: No advice needed - all the rooms are super.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gerallt2017
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I visited for a couple of nights to celebrate a birthday. We received a very warm welcome and the house and room were so comforting it felt like home. Romney makes an incredible breakfast, and she and her daughters made us feel like part of the family.

The house is ideally situated, close to lovely walking routes and the main route into the Cotswolds or Farringdon.

If you're looking for a comfortable bed, in a peaceful house with a good breakfast, look no further.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a brief stay at Buscot Manor and were thoroughly impressed from start to finish. From the warmth of reception we received on arrival to the beautiful and comfortable rooms as well as the fantastic selection laid out for us at breakfast, and not least the stunning building and grounds, we simply couldn't fault a thing. We would highly recommend a stay here; it is one of the best bed and breakfasts we have ever visited. Huge commendations to Romney and family for running such a fine establishment.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I needed one nights single accommodation at short notice and was intrigued by what I saw via Trivago, the listing seemed to offer something a lot more interesting than the common or garden chain hotels or bargain basement pub b&b's. As soon as I pulled into the drive I knew I was right to choose Buscot Manor, the house is stunning, outside and in. Romney was quickly there to show me around and to my room, before I popped over to the river for a spot of evening fishing. And breakfast, wow, stunning, so much variety, and that was before a perfect full English breakfast. I was lucky to be staying at the same time as some interesting guests and we all chatted over the breakfast table. I must say I was so happy with my stay, I came away totally relaxed and fully recharged. I would fully recommend a stay with Romney.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business