1,680 results
All reviewsafternoon teathe cottagesthe main housemain restaurantspa facilitiesbeautiful groundsspecial occasionoutdoor poolmy mumlovely settingbirthday treatevening mealfour poster bedset menusteam roomchanging roomslog fire
Reviewed 24 January 2016

This was the 3rd year running that I have taken the better half to Eastwell Manor as a birthday treat. The look on her face when se saw our room was quite something. Simply a breath taking room which wasn't far off the size of our house. Huge lounge and dining area as you entered, four poster bedroom to the left, bathroom straight ahead and dressing area above the main courtyard entrance. You could easily get lost in any of the rooms. Attention to detail was as ever spot on. With family staying as well this was becoming just what I wanted. The ladies had pa treatments booked whilst the gents had to wet the whistle. Meeting in the main bar before dinner the champagne arrived as promised when booking. Dinner was as tasty as ever, the service polite and friendly, the wine flowed well and adjourning to the bar after rounded off a fantastic afternoon and evening. The log fires throughout the hotel added to the beautiful ambience. We all slept well, breakfast was terrific and everyone left with a smile. What a room though.......what a room! If I know what's good for me we'll be back again next year!!

Room Tip: All very good.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
managementeastwell, Owner at Eastwell Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

Thank you, happy birthday, keep smiling!

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

I want to start the review by saying we had a lovely stay here and there are many good things about the hotel such as the grounds and location however..
We stayed in a Mews cottage , a great arrangement if you are staying with friends, unfortunately they are dated and the furniture rickety, sofas stained and threadbare. Not really of a standard I would of expected. Carpets appeared new but were stained with red wine, to the hotels credit they sent someone to clean up the wine stains immediately when we reported it on arrival.
The spa area/ pavilion is dated too and needs a refurbishment. The jacuzzi was cold and when we asked if it could be made warmer, staff said it had been broken for months and they would try to heat it up. The pool was pleasantly warm but a bit smelly at one end, not sure why, smelt a bit like sweaty socks! Odd.
The main hotel was nice with roaring fires and we had a lovely breakfast.
I would return but think a better attention to detail would improve the facilities.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank fussyrobson

Noted. I am not aware of any issues with the Jacuzzi and it most certainly has not "been broken for months" - that is a gross exaggeration. There is a lot of equipment involved in the leisure centre and, naturally, we do experience malfunctions and maintenance issues from time to time: normally these are remedied within 24 hours. There are a number of chemicals in the pool area but, again, the drains are working fine.

The cottages are undergoing a rolling refurbishment programme.

Reviewed 22 January 2016

We took my mum here to celebrate her 75th Birthday for afternoon tea, she was born and brought up in Boughton Lees just after the war, so this amazing building and area meant a lot to her, we were not disappointed, the lady staff member attending us (sorry i have forgotten your name) was lovely, informative and ready to help with our questions; Thank you for making this a very special occassion.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

Happy Birthday Mum and undoubtedly the lovely lady you were talking to was "Amanda".

Reviewed 22 January 2016

I strongly recommend anyone thinking of going to this hotel or using its spa to think again as I would not want them to have the same experience as me. You will be risking truly unkind treatment from a hotel that, I believe, genuinely has no idea what it is to understand or care for their customers.

My personal experience - my engagement ring was never seen again after I removed it from my finger on the instruction of the therapist before a massage, three days before my wedding. I am absolutely devastated.

Yes, I should have checked for it immediately after the massage, I know that, but I was zoned out after what was a 80 minute treatment in a hot room.

Leaving to one side blame / responsibility for the loss of the ring (which only a court could determine), I am astonished by the lack of sympathy / empathy and all round quite cruel and incendiary treatment I have received since this matter has come to light.

When I reported the absence of the ring, the receptionist flippantly remarked "these things usually turn up" and refused to check for my ring immediately; despite my distressed pleas, panic and tears, I was told that the room could not be checked until it became available, and that time dragged on, and on, and on to my absolute horror.

The has been no gesture of goodwill, nor any kind words that showed that they cared about what had happened so close to my wedding day. Nothing to show that they understood how distressing it is to be parted from something so precious days before the day everyone will be looking at it.

It was then implied that no one had ever actually seen the ring on me and they only have "my word" that I was wearing it. Hm, about to get married, love my engagement ring, talking about my wedding quite a lot, people asking to see my ring…..yes, I think I'll wear it...every single day and night!

And the final stroke of kind and caring(!) treatment: to be borderline ridiculed for not noticing the missing ring sooner the when I got out of my car; apparently, I should have been “like most ladies do” looking at it on the steering while driving home. That is a quote from the letter I received from the chairman. Oh to be driving around admiring my hands wondering what I will bake for my husband when I get home! Damn you Emily Pankhurst! I hate to admit it, but I watch the road when I am driving.

My opinion: a sad realisation from me that this appears to be (in terms of customer experience and service) a retrograde establishment ran by rather patronising, empathy-less, backward-thinking and quite sexist appearing individuals. But that is, of course, just my genuine experience and opinion.

Stayed: November 2015
10  Thank MrsSmith1982

For the record you were shown into a treatment room to receive a particular therapy. The therapist advised you to undress and remove all jewellery and she left you to disrobe and prepare yourself for the treatment. No-one ever saw the ring and at the end of your treatment you gathered your hair tie, which you say you left with your ring, on a marble top. Having left the treatment room with your hair tie in place you allege that you left the ring on a marble top. You apparently did not discover this loss until you had driven home and visited a jewellers to buy your husband-to-be some cuff links. At that point you telephoned the salon and the room was in use with another client; naturally the reception staff would not disturb another client receiving a therapy.

You returned to the salon where you were met by our Managing Director and inspected the room yourself and our maintenance staff removed the "U bend" on the sink to see whether or not you had knocked it into the basin. At no time did you ask us to take care of the ring and rather surprisingly you do not appear to have put your jewellery with your handbag or car keys. In view of your allegations on the day we did conduct a bag search, partially to demonstrate to you that we were taking your "loss" seriously.

Naturally we are very sympathetic over the alleged situation but there is absolutely no evidence, apart from the reviewer's statement, that the ring ever came into Eastwell Manor. We understand that the reviewer has reported this matter to the police and we have confirmed that we will give them maximum cooperation.

One can only presume that this article was uninsured since there have been various attempts, with appropriate threats and challenges, to seek financial compensation from ourselves.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

Eastwell Manor Hotel is a complex consisting of a tudor style manor house with luxury rooms, restaurant, bar, lounges and conference rooms, a separate block of modern ‘cottages’ each with separate bedrooms of varying numbers together with a sitting room and kitchenette, and a further block consisting of a large indoor swimming pool, spa, and brasserie. The hotel is situated in open countryside but with good access to both Ashford and Canterbury and has extensive well tended grounds including a small nine hole golf course.
My wife and I have stayed on a number of occasions, sometimes with family or friends in one of the cottages which are ideal for this sort of gathering, and sometimes in the manor house. All rooms are well furnished, equipped, and comfortable.
The staff are universally helpful. The restaurant food in our experience is good but not outstanding, and the restaurant service is very good. The general ambiance in the manor house is exceptional with a number of open fires in winter and a generously sized terrace overlooking the grounds for use in warmer months.
This hotel is ideal for a short stay at any time of year.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ebearLondon

Thank you, we look forward to seeing you again.