US$108
US$243
US$104
US$103
PremierInn.com
TravelRest Solent Gateway(Fareham)(Great Value!)
US$128
  • Pool
US$150
Hotels.com
1,633 results
All reviewsthe main houseleisure facilitiesmanor housecoffee loungejacuzzi and saunalovely groundsreception staffcourse dinnertennis courtswedding venuebar menubed and breakfastbuffet styleone night stayshort breakan overnight stayfamily room
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Good , quiet location, ideal for cruises stay and park package which we did, competitive with other hotels in the area, in fact includes evening meal in the restaraunt which is more often extra in other hotels.
Comfortable bedroom with all the facilities you need In a room, clean comfy bed, tea/coffee biscuits . Good size TV, great shower.
We had our breakfast and evening meal in the close by main Manor House (may get wet if inclement weather), good selection at both meals, good all round value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room if disability problems as rooms on two levels with only stair access to upper level.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Visited this hotel in October for 2 nights. We liked the fact that the bedrooms were separate to the main house with the bar and restaurant.

The pool and sauna were very good.

The staff in the restaurant and bar were extremely helpful and friendly. However, we were disappointed with the staff on reception. There was an issue that when we booked online it advised that if we registered our details we would get a newsletter and 10% reduction on the room rate. We never received the confirmation of this and the staff at reception when checking out did not really want to know despite us drawing this to their attention when we first arrived and checked in. Needless to say we did not get the reduction.

We booked a family room and our sons bed was pretty much a mattress on the floor. At a Premier Inn or Holiday Inn you would at least get a pull out bed. The main bed was also not the most comfortable, but it did look like some other rooms were being upgraded.

Overall would consider stopping again, though the reception staff’s attitude did put a dampener on the experience. They could maybe do with some customer service training.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank K3941WHmatthewt
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Good value at something like £45 per night for room only.

The room was in a sort of chalet block accessed from outdoors - not what I was expecting as there is no mention of this on the website, only pictures of a quite grand looking building that I presumed contained rooms, bar, etc.

The room was comfortable and well furnished with a decent bathroom. TV not great - could only access four seemingly quite random channels. Quite quiet, no issues with that.

The bar is very nice, though it was quite chilly when I went. Bar staff very friendly.

The hotel is pretty much in the middle of nowhere - worth considering if you like bottled water, etc.

I would stay here again for a similar trip (I had an interview nearby the following day) due to value and a comfortable room, but I don’t think it’s a place I would bring my wife for a break.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Brought my 9 year old daughter to this hotel for one night over half term. On the plus side, it looks nice in the pictures, but the rooms are in separate 'wings' which are functional. It has a nice pool, sauna and jacuzzi - communal changing rooms - and a kids meal deal (£6.50 for 3 courses). The wifi works, in every area including the rooms and there is no charge for this.

On the down side:-

Staff have a very authoritative manner. From the point of checking in, there is an air of 'pretentiousness' in presenting the hotel as some sophisticated venue - when in fact it is just a slightly above average venue.

The rooms were quite small but the beds were comfortable. The TV only has basic channels - so not so good for children who are used to vast array of channels.

Requests are handled with a certain amount of aloofness - i requested extra pillows, but when the housekeeping guy brought me one he told me that there already were pillows and inferred that i was wasting his time. If the receptionist i contacted had told me this then he wouldn't have had to come.

We had to go to reception to sign in to the pool which is fine, and to get the access code to the door to the pool, again which is fine, but to be honest, schlepping back and forward is a bit ridiculous.

The restaurant menu is quite (very) expensive - and the bar menu not so much, but quality of food was appalling. Service was extremely slow - we waited over an hour to get our main course, and when it arrived my food was cold, the steak sandwich over cooked, steak indigestible, bread had been over-cooked and was disgusting and broke into pieces as it was so over cooked. No cutlery, or condiments or napkins brought before or with food. When the condiments came they were sachets of sauces and small sachets of salt and pepper (see macdonalds or wetherspoons) which, given the lovely bar area didn't fit in at all. I complained about the food and this was addressed, the chef agreeing with me as to the quality and presentation. The price was definitely way above the quality and the location of the hotel means that its difficult to not eat there. The children's meal while good value price wise, was less than mediocre - a 'roast chicken dinner' comprised 3 tiny slices of roast potatoes, a massively overcooked piece of chicken breast, some practically raw whole carrots and cold green beans. Needless to say it wasn't eaten. Service was poor. The bar, as well as being overpriced (expected in hotel bars in general) was attended to by a nice guy - but when i asked for a gin and tonic i received some flavoured one which i didn't like at all, he was resistant to my requests for a simple plain 'gin and tonic' and when i raised this he then poured me another 'flavoured' one.

Quite honestly, this is an ok hotel, relatively good value, especially when breakfast is included (otherwise it costs £10 - which is definitely overpriced) - the kids love the pool, the location is great for the south coast, but staff seem quite pompous and unhelpful and the looks they give made us feel like we shouldn't have been there.

A number of guests expressed similar experiences. One couple with a young child with special dietary issues had a terrible time when checking the ingredients of a meal only for it to cause a reaction. Other diners were quite concerned.

Definitely wouldn't go back - like i said, its not the quaint country house hotel you'd expect. Think overpriced Premier Inn with a Wetherspoons in house.

Room Tip: Not sure you can pick a room - and from what i've seen they're all pretty much the same
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank UKGlobalTraveller
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

We paid £30 for afternoon tea for two & a health club pass. Pool was empty, sauna nice & hot, towels provided. Afternoon tea was VERY nice. I’m going to book to come again ASAP with my husband! The hotel itself is beautiful & they’re in the middle of a refurb. The guy on reception in restaurant today (24-10) couldn’t have been more helpful - HUGE thanks to him!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends