All reviews bridal suite from start to finish shot glasses colin carpenter wedding meal perfect wedding venue mr mrs on arrival gretna green jacuzzi bath small wedding special thanks champagne and chocolates couldn't do enough guest rooms renew our vows bride and groom
Reviewed 14 July 2009

As you drive into the Mill you notice how clean and tidy the place is. The staff are amazing and so friendly. We stayed in a double delux room then one of the bridal suites they were both very nice even more so the bridel suite that was really romantic with the french doors opening up to the gardens that were superbly kept. The day it self was brilliant they talked us through everything which made everything flow so smoothly. I would highly recomend .

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank robbiem1973
Reviewed 20 April 2009

The staff at the mill forge were great, Everything was fantastic and if i could do it all again I would.
Maggie was a star making sure that everything went smoothly.
The meal was great no faults what so ever and the waiting staff did a great job.
The grounds are kept very clean and tidy, you can tell a lot of care goes into keeping everything really nice.
In the evening they hold a free disco for everyone who got married on that day and it was perfect everyone got along so well.
I had Craig Irving as my piper and he did me proud and Colin Carpenter as my photographer and my pictures are fantastic.
All in All 10/10

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank sartim
Reviewed 7 October 2008

We booked our wedding to be held here at The Mill Forge. I was rather aprehensive as it got nearer to the time as we had done most of our booking on the internet and by telephone without ever being in Gretna.

I need not worry. Staff at The Mill were fantastic. They knew everything and put us right at our ease. Nothing was too much bother. They told us of the 'big day' plans, so all we had to do was get ready and the groom to find the bar (well, that wasn't hard - he's a man afterall!).

The Bridal suite was a knock out! Huge! Beautiful, champagne and chocs, a set of engraved shot glasses, an enormous bathroom with spa bath. Just absolutely perfect - which is exactly what you want for your big day!! The grounds were beautifully looked after with plenty of pretty flowers/shrubs and landscaping with plenty of photo opportunities.

The Mill and in particular Maggie, do weddings all the time and so know the local photographers and pipers and what is required. The photographer Colin Carpenter was a gem, put us so at our ease that I actually look good in the photo's!! The Piper Craig Irving was fantastic and would have made my great grandfather proud (He was a major bagpipe player for the late Queen mother).

The food was fantastic and there were no scrimping on the portions. They had even set the table to our colours and added a lovely personal touch of a card from all at The Mill congratulating us with a photo taken of us straight after our nupitals!!!

We did not find it comercialised at all. As one member of staff so rightly put it "It maybe our 3rd wedding of the day but it's your ONLY wedding" With an attitude like that, you know you've picked the right place!!!

It's just a shame we won't be getting married again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008
3  Thank UkNewTraveller
Reviewed 11 September 2008

We got married at The Mill in early June. It was a small party of 26 close family and friends. We visited The Mill the previous year to look around and fell in love with it straight away. We didn't consider anywhere else to get married.The place is full of character, especially the chapel which I just loved. Although we had a civil ceremony it was like a mini church which I think is more special than getting married in a venue with the Wedding breakfast in the same room. The rooms are immaculate and the bridal suites - wow! The bathroom is huge with a double sink, double shower and music piped in, which was nice on the morning of the Wedding to have some tunes blasting out.
The staff are all friendly and welcoming. I took some table decorations up and favors and was concerned how they would arrange them on the tables, but I needn't have worried, everyhthing was perfect. Originally I had hoped for our meal to be in the roundhouse with the table in the shape of a horseshoe, but someone else was allocated it. In the end I was happy to be upstairs and had a top table (something I was glad I ended up with). I planned Our Wedding myself and the staff at The Mill were very helpful. I used Anvil Flowers for the wedding flowers and their quote was really reasonable at the side of others so I was apprehensive about my bouquet which was from a picture in a book - Well, they were beautiful, good quality and lasted for over a week after the Wedding. Ellen from One stop Weddings was our photographer and she is lovely, so patient and friendly, would def. reccommend and the photos were lovely. Be careful of the cheaper packages though (you have to stick your own photos in - we upgraded to a leather mounted album).
My hair was absolutely stunning, everyone commented - that was done by June of Fiona & Junes, you can tell she has lots of Bridal hair experience.
When I was planning the Wedding we weren't going to decorate the venue in any way, but in the end we went for bouquets of balloons on each table (3's) and two (5) bouquets for the top table which did make the room look stunning. I used balloons for all, and even though there were no prices ont he website (I find this sometimes off putting) they weren't much dearer than other places and they are a balloon company after all.
I was apprehensive about the disco at night, but it was great fun. There was only one other bride in it and you are on such a high it doesn't really matter. I had reviews where people said that and I still wondered, but its true.
The only minor things I would have changed if I could go back would be:
to prob get married at 2pm instead of 4pm to make the day a bit longer.
to have stayed in the Bridal suite on the first night as well (we went up the day before), I had to move over at 11am on the day of the Wedding - I think it would have been easier just to have been able to stay put event though it would have been £80 more.
Of course these are personal decisions and not affected in any way by the Mill.
The only little, tiny, minor thing I found was that the two desserts on offer at the Wedding meal seemed very similar to one another- one was something raspberry and the other a strawberry dessert, not so good for non fruit lovers.
All in all a wonderful day which I wish I could do all over again!
Will deffinately go back for Our Anniversary and every year after hopefully!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank xMIMx
Reviewed 4 September 2008

we got married there on the 26aug all thou there was five weddings on the day we marride they made each wedding feel like it was the only one. the food was great the honeymoon suit was brillant expect for me the pillows was a killer lol but we loved the whole time we were there and are planing to go back next year for our one year annveriyer thanx for reading in concusion great place A+

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nigthdreamer