All reviews private island rent a scooter deluxe room long beach secluded beach beautiful setting turtles boat pier resort wood
Reviewed 4 April 2017

We stayed in the superior rooms, which form part of the main resort (if you go for standard rooms you actually stay about 10 minutes away from the pool/jetty complex you see in the pics). The resort is stunning, in a beautiful setting, and the room was clean, spacious and well appointed. WiFi was really fast and staff were super friendly and helpful.

There's no beach directly on the resort, but they run a free shuttle out to an incredible secluded beach on a private island which belongs to them - it really is stunning. Also long beach is only a 15 min scooter ride away, and again really secluded and stunning. On that note you really do need to rent a scooter if you're staying here for more than a few days - theres not much on this side of the island to occupy you beyond that (apart from lounging about in the sun, which is all good in my book!)

Only slight negatives are the dinner menu is quite limited, although very tasty and reasonably priced for a hotel, and the drinks which are ridiculously overpriced even for a hotel. Presumably for this reason the dining area always felt a bit dead in the evenings, as I assume people did as we did and went to the nearby village of Salakphet to eat/drink instead. Shame, as its a stunning setting and I would have preferred to lounge around soaking up the views if there was more on offer in the evenings.

These are small complaints though - its a great place and I'd totally recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toby2505
Reviewed 28 February 2017

This hotel is not what it is supposed to be. I don't know why it has 5 stars, because it has definitely not the standard of a 5 star hotel.

It is pretty used and old, definitely not clean.. It is kind of spooky, too, because it was pretty empty.

The pool is not clean and inviting, the water is kind of weird and nowhere felt or looked very clean.

The last night we stayed there, there were 3 cockroaches in our bathroom, which literally made me freak out.

Apart from all these things, I have to admit that though that the staff was nice and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pupsi89
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Stayed here with a friend for a few days in Feb 2017. The hotel is beautiful and would be great value for its price if some details were amended.

1) The front desk staff seem uninformed and insecure, maybe due to the language barrier or maybe just because of poor communication It does come off as a bit unprofessional. Also, they keep giving contradictory information all the time. We asked them about going to long beach (one says "there is no such thing here, long beach is on the west side 1 h away by car" while the second one replied "sure, 15 mins by car" (second answer is correct), another time, we asked about a seafood restaurant nearby and they simple said "no seafood restaurant here" (there's one 300 m. down the road at the nearby resort.

2) the wifi is horribly slow at the annex where the standard rooms are. (this seems to have belonged to a different resort which still has their own network that doesnt work either).

3) The food is really really good albeit a bit more expensive compared to nearby restaurants, still, not nearly as bad as some have claimed. It's not cheap but fairly priced, in my opinion. The desserts however could be better. What I don't get is why there's no difference but price between the starters and the mains. The starter portions are huge, more than sufficiently big to serve as dinner. Also, for some reason, there's no wine list? I thought they had a wine cellar? They advertise drinks but I never saw or heard wine being mentioned even once.

4) The location is really remote and the hotel would benefit from a larger selection of excursions and transfers offered by the hotel. 300 THB to go to long beach 10 mins away/1200 thb to go to white sand beach is a bit much (considering that a 5 h ride to the Cambodian border from BKK can be done for under 4k)

5) Our cleaner forgot to take the trash bag after removing it from the receptacle. A minor thing, still irritating though.

6) The beds in the standard rooms are so hard you might as well sleep on the floor.

7) There was a miscalculation of incidentals at checkout.The bills were stapled together in a way that maybe some discount got obscured or something, I do believe it was an honest mistake, but after manually recalculating everything with the staff, no one apologized, which in my opinion is unprofessional.

8) There really should be more information about the private island tour (like the fact that it runs only 1 time per day at 1 and that there is only one pick up from the island 2 h later). The beach on the island should really be cleaned and if possible cleared so the're room for tanning etc.

9) The spa ladies were really good, one of the best massages I had in a long long time, and the spa is beautiful, so it's a shame they only offer 4 different massages and no other treatments.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank DivaFabulous
Reviewed 14 February 2017

We stayed here for a long weekend and were impressed with the resort, someone has spent a fortune on the resort to make it 5 star, however its been handed over to a bunch of youngsters who are trying there best but really are in urgent need of some direction before the report falls into disrepair.

The resort is on the opposite side of the island to where it all happens, to get there requires a taxi costing 1200 Baht and almost an hours ride each way.
There is nothing to do after dinner at the resort and there is no where to go locally.

The pool was a very nice feature but the bottom was green slime.

The food was not too bad most of the time, although someone did go out of their way to serve me the toughest steak I have ever had served to me.

Such a shame if the owners do not put a manger in the resort to raise the standards one would expect from such a nice resort.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

This Hotel has so much potential. The landscape team that takes care of this hotel is top notch. The grounds are impeccable. I stayed at the Standard section of the hotel, which is removed from the main hotel location. But the rooms and landscape were great at this location also. The room was newly remodeled, very clean and cute.

The problem with this hotel is management and the poorly trained staff. They are simply not knowledgeable about how to properly give quality guest service.

You are often left looking for assistance. The staff are not prepared to adequately care for the guest. The front desk is often left empty. And when a front desk staff is available, the assistance given is often from person who seems very disinterested in what they are doing.

When we arrived, we were left in the lobby waiting to check in with no one present. No gracious welcome to the hotel was given. When we were finally checked in. No mention of the hotel activities or amenities was ever talked about. We were left just sort of wondering what we could do. No brochures listing the activities or amenities was given either.

The staff are not properly prepared to assist in booking activities or excursions. Every question was met with confusion and non clarity. Even something as simple as booking a snorkeling trip or booking transportation to Pattaya was met with difficulty. The staff are left calling personal friends on their cell phones, instead of having established contacts that they can refer to.

Breakfast the next morning was a disaster. The staff were not staffed well enough to serve the guests. There were only 2 tables of people eating, but 5 tables still had dirty plates from previous guests. No one came to our table to ask us for our order, for over 20 minutes. And this was after I personally went to tell them 3 times that I would like to order breakfast. We finally ordered 2 omelettes, and it took 40 minutes for the meal to arrive. The 2 young female staff members were working hard, and very apologetic, but simply not equipped with proper training on how to serve guests properly.

After the second day, the breakfast was turned into a buffet style, which was a better plan and allowed for quicker guest service. The tables were cleared in a timely manner, and the food was delivered fast. However, even then, the service given to the guests from the staff was poor.

The hotel offers a great service where at 1:00 each day, they take a free boat ride to a secluded beach with decent snorkeling and sunbathing. This is a great perk! Unfortunately, the boat was consistently late to leave every day by 20-30 minutes. This was due to the staff simply not being prepared.

I have stayed at many hotels in Thailand. And I have gotten to experience top 5 Star service at 5 star hotels and 5 star service at 2 star hotels. Parama has to potential to be a top 5 Star Hotel because of its location and facilities. But with poorly trained staff who deliver 1 star service, it will fail as a top hotel.

If the same attention was given to guest service as is given to the landscape management, this hotel would be top notch. Until then, I can only say the Parama is acceptable if you don't mind non-existent guest service.

There were 2 Employees that I think need recognition. One male staff member named Lek and one female, who's name I cannot remember. She was always at the Standard Hotel restaurant for dinner and he main restaurant for breakfast. Very kind and smiley.

These 2 were the only employees that made an effort to give guest service. And they did their best to assist. With proper training, they could be amazing. The rest of the staff could benefit from learning from them.

My final comment: If the guests got the same service at the landscape, this hotel would be unbelievable.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple