US$200
Kirkenes Hotel(Kirkenes)
US$109
  • Restaurant
US$156
No availability for your dates from our partners
Priceline
All reviewsswimming poolthe busone nightmiddle of townhurtigruten cruiserecommend this hotelwalking distancedinner menubreakfast was excellentsmall townroom was clean and comfortablereception areagood sizedecent hotelarctic circlenorthern norwaymidnight sun
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

We arrived to this hotel for a night after taking an incredible Hurtigruten Cruise. The lobby is nice- lots of space to hang out and even a little box of toys for the kids. I went to check in and the lady at the reception, Melissa (who didn't even acknowledge I was standing there for the first few minutes) finally looked up to help and I asked if we could check in. She couldn't find our reservation (which we had made through Hotels.com). Okay, she said it was weird because I showed her the confirmation and I forwarded her the confirmation to her email. She said she'd look into it. 30 mins later, I went back to check and she said she still couldn't find our reservation. She Didn't offer any help or suggestions (she could have offered to call Hotels.com or even asked if we wanted to just pay the hotel directly and she could get us in a room), but nothing. She said "it's a 3rd party booking site and I can't do anything". I explained that Scandic partners with Hotels.com for these reservations, hotels.com can't make them otherwise. I asked her to call hotels.com for me and she said "no, I'm really busy" then said "and I don't have the phone #" and then asked me why I don't just call. It was unbelievable. To top it off, she had her magazine open at her desk looking at celebrity gossip. I pointed this out to her and then told her I'd find the hotel.com # for her...which I did in 30 seconds and she finally agreed to call. Turns out the reservation was there, but Scandic Kirkenes never updated their email in hotel.com system and the booking went the the wrong email.
My point is that Melissa could have easily figured this out, had she been professional and taken the initiative to call. Instead she was completely rude, unprofessional and unhelpful.
We've stayed at other Scandic Hotels and we travel full time around the world, so we are use to staying a various places. Luckily, we have yet to come in contact with someone as unprofessional as Melissa. Hope that Scandic Kirkenes can work on their customer service.

The room we had on the 2nd floor is okay. Nothing special, a bit outdated- by the pictures it looks to be a room that hasn't been renovated, but appears clean.

The hotel is nicely situated in the town- a grocery and some cafes within a couple minute walk. But not much else to do unless you go out for the excursions.

I'm still in shock by the rudeness of customer service and even had a couple other guests that overheard the interaction I had with Melissa comment to me how unbelievably rude she was.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank RetiredToddlers
Reviewed 16 April 2017

We were very happy with our stay here. The room was clean and comfortable and we slept well. The reception staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was first rate. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for a stay in Kirkenes.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Steffen M, Manager at Scandic Kirkenes, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Hello Cheddar111,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us here at Scandic Kirkenes. i am very happy you enjoyed yoru stay. I will pass on your comments to our Front Desk staff and our restaurant team.

Welcome back to us next time you visit Kirkenes.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights and there are not many hotel options in Kirkenes. Room is decent and it's conveniently located. Right across the hotel lobby is Joker which is a small supermarket. You can walk around the whole town in 10 mins.

Buffet breakfast is fantastic. For hotel guests, you can help yourself to coffee and tea by the front desk.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Eltan16
Steffen M, Manager at Scandic Kirkenes, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Hello Eltan16,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us here at Scandic Kirkenes. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Especially happy that you found our breakfast so fantastic. This is a very important focus area for us and we strive to give our guests the best possible start to their day.

Welcome back to us during summer to experience the midnight sun!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2017

We stayed in this hotel for one night after disembarking our Hurtigruten cruise.

Our room was okay, had beautiful view over the town of Kirkenes. Had two single beds, coffee and tea facilities. Bathroom had bath with shower in the bath. The bathroom was okay, but it could do with a makeover, little on the old side.

Breakfast was included in our rate, and the breakfast was good. The hotel is in the center of the town, and close to everything. We were there on a Sunday, so sadly everything was closed, and there were not much to do. We did however find a small pizza place for lunch.

The hotel served its purpose for our one night stay, but there is also another chain group hotel, that seems a little newer and more modern.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blackspaniel

Hello blackspaniel,

Thank you for your comments after your stay with us here at Scandic Kirkenes. I am sorry we did not reach higher to your expectations. We hope to be able to refurbish our bathrooms soon to be able to give our guests a better experience with us. I am happy that you enjoyed our breakfast, as this is a very important area for us.

Welcome back to Kirkenes and Scandic in summer to experience the midnight sun.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Rooms: Looked like they might need a slight upgrade (green patterned carpets, broken bathroom tile, stained shower drain). I thought the rooms in the Thon were a little better.
Service:
Reception- Woman at reception seemed a little brash, but it could just be the manner in which she spoke. (Also no early check in.) Everyone else was fine. I overheard one of the guys at reception helping a couple that needed to go to the hospital and telling them he would go with them to help, so it must just depend on who it is.
Amenities: There is a pool and a sauna but I didn't use either.
Bartender- I asked him for some tea and he directed me to a free tea/coffee station in the restaurant area, so that was really nice.
Food: Included breakfast here was actually really good. There was a wide selection including bread, waffles, fried eggs w/ bacon, cured and/or smoked salmon and herring, fruit, and a surprisingly delicious flour-less chocolate cake. (This breakfast was better than the one at the Thon in my opinion!)

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Steffen M, Manager at Scandic Kirkenes, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Hello tabz18,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback after your stay with us here at Scandic Kirkenes. We are an older hotel, and aware that some of our rooms might be in line for an upgrade. I do hope, however, that everything was clean and neat. I apologize if you found one of our receptionists brash. I will take this internally with our reception team.

With regards to our restaurant and breakfast, i am very happy your enjoyed our breakfast so. We work very hard to ensure we give our guests the best possible start to their day by focusing on our breakfast delivery.

Welcome back to Kirkenes and Scandic during the summer to enjoy the Midnight Sun.

regards,