I absolutely love this hotel and its staff. Our wonderful experience began even before we got to Portugal. We are HGVC owners and about a week before our check in, the staff emailed me to get an idea of when we'd be checking in to ensure our suite would be ready upon our arrival. Through this communication, Beate, my point of contact, was very gracious and helpful. He provided me information on pricing of a half-board option as well as in room internet. He was also able to reserve a car for us on one of the days we wanted to drive to Spain.
We spent 3 nights in Vilamoura, traveling by train from Lisbon (got off at Loule train station and took a taxi to the resort). Check in was simple and quick and we got to our 1 bedroom suite to relax after a long day. We found a nice welcome gift which was very thoughtful. Our suite was beautiful and had everything we needed. (I only had two criticisms of the room but in the grand scheme of things, it was very minor as it didn't affect my sleep quality too much - I found the bed too firm for my liking, and the plumbing was a bit noisy.) Our room overlooked the greens and the small courtyard which was very pretty. We did explore the resort grounds and walked around the beautiful pool. (We ended up not using the pool during our stay as it wasn't warm enough outside.)
The first night, we were so tired and hoping to just stay at the resort, but since Cilantro was closed (it was a Monday) and we weren't feeling the buffet, we took advantage of the complimentary marina shuttle to find a nice restaurant to eat. (We walked around the marina and had dinner, and stopped by the casino for some video slots. We then took a cab back to the hotel.)
The next morning, we had the breakfast buffet. (A good selection for the price, but I personally am not a breakfast buffet type of person, but there is also a made to order omelet station.) After relaxing after breakfast, we went to 7Spa via the spa elevator and spent some time relaxing in the multiple whirlpools of different temperatures as well as the saunas. Very soothing! Afterwards, we decided to head back to the marina to enjoy the lovely weather and had an hour to kill before the shuttle would begin running. We stopped in the Rubi Bar for a drink. Joao the bartender was very charming and great to talk to. He suggested that from we walk from the marina along the beach to Quarteira, his hometown to escape the tourist trap nature of the marina. We took his suggestion and had a wonderful time in Quarteira and found a wonderfully affordable churrasqueria for dinner. Bought some breakfast items to prepare in-suite for the next morning.
The next day we headed out in our rental (we got a Fiat 500!) with Sixt, who have an onsite representative in the lobby in the morning. We didn't have the foresight to reserve a car with GPS, so we asked for general directions. Our Sixt representative provided us with a map and HGVC staff provided us a printout of general directions on how to get to Seville.
We checked out on Thursday. Our issue was that on that day, there was a planned transit strike. The front desk was so helpful in trying to find a car rental for us (no luck as the one way rental started at 130 euro...we attempted to extend our rental with Sixt, but they did not have any available vehicles to rent out to us). The gentleman at the front desk tried one last ditch effort and was able to find a private bus line that was still making trips up to Lisbon for 20 euro per person. He went above and beyond to help us as we were in a bind. We were so grateful to him! The bus departed from the marina so we were able to take advantage of the shuttle one last time.
In conclusion, we had a wonderful stay at Hilton Vilamoura, made even more special by hotel staff that really cared about our experience. We highly recommend this hotel and will be back for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to a fabulous spa weekend, enjoy a fun-filled family holiday, or experience the perfect golfing break at the award-winning Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, one of the leading family-friendly Algarve hotels. This attractive, modern Algarve hotel is situated in five acres of glorious manicured gardens in the heart of the sun-kissed Algarve, Portugal. Set amid the lush greenery of some of Portugal's finest golf courses, the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa is replete with distinctive Moorish architecture, spectacular covered and outdoor pools and glorious cascading waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, TravelUp, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton International Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Hilton