All reviews stone steak min walk self catering lady on reception apartment was clean tennis courts rooms are basic quiet area one bedroom apartment pleasant walk decent size clean towels great holiday vilamoura marina faro airport microwave taxi
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Yes it was cheap,
That is all very well and I am very used to bargain breaks as a single mum with two kids I try my best to take them away whenever I can,
Rio apartments are actually dangerous, cramped, not even usable !!!! Upon arrival we too had to ring a number as nobody ever at reception it's a cold welcome nothing around at all, when we were eventually taken to our room I noticed straight away how small it was we had two singles pushed together and my daughter was meant to sleep on a pull out rock solid chair which could barely be opened fully, also causing no way out in case of an emergency, then realised that the only plug socket in what could have been an ok kitchen was on the oppersit wall which meant hanging an extension cord across entire kitchen !!!!!!!! The pool was grotty and upon arrival had alot of things sunk in the bottom, quickly cleaned the next day after my complaint however, I asked to be moved but was told all rooms were like that and I would have to pay £7. Ore per night !!!!!! For what ??? A kitchen I could use or a room where my children weren't in danger ???.
Nobody cared I even rang the company I booked through LOVEHOLIDAYS, nope nobody helped me I had to hire a car pack up and find a new hotel paying may I add alot more .....do not go near Rio apartments or loveholidays for that matter absolutely disgusting.1 night no refund for something that put my children in danger and couldn't be used as advertised !!!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Becky C
Garvetur F, Gerente de relações públicas at Rio Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Client ,
We apologize for any inconvenience during your holidays.
We want to analyze better this situation ,
Please contact us
reservas@garvtur.PT

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic one bedroom apartment 126, all your basic needs, clean and fresh, plenty of space for 2 adults and 2 children, beautiful sun trap especially eating breakfast in the morning on the balcony and away from the noise of the swimming pool and bar. Nice and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of the marina not good for those who can’t walk very far. Only bad thing is the reception is open, but then again it is more of a home from home apartment then a hotel. Very handy and brilliant having a swimming pool, bar/restaurant on site club sandwich, steak or hot stone steak a must very tasty and delicious . Couple who run it lovely and polite not everyone needs to be loud and oi oi. Prime location as a base if you wanted to drive around as only 25 minutes away from Faro Airport and cheap around £26. Would definitely go again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ice_Sundae

Dear cliente ,
We appreciate your review ,

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Very good value for money I think it cost about 15 euros a night for the apartment and it has everything you need. It's quite a walk from the marina but for the price I had no complaints. The restaurant / bar is run separate to the actual apartments the food is very good and pizzas are superb! the sports on tv is not good and keeps going off all in all you get what you pay for with the Rio if your after a little a parent getaway that's basic and clean look no further as for the money it's perfect

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank garygU4771GG
Garvetur F, Gerente de relações públicas at Rio Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Guest ,
We appreciate your comment ,

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We arrived no one @ reception only open certain times, phoned a number got told 2pm for keys, then waited an hour and half for them. Very rude young receptionist who had very bad attitude. Ask to see manager never did! Room was filthy thick dust no lighting in hallway, broken floor tiles, bathroom dirty, pool area so dangerous with slabs up trip hazards. Contacted our holiday provider & they offered another room. we did not even look at it. When we approached Miss Attitude! they agreed the room had not been cleaned since the last person checked out. I don't think the beds had been changed even, dirty bedding. BE AWARE STAY AWAY! REFUSED REFUND FOR THE 6 NIGHTS WE DID NOT STAY!!!!

Room tip: Do not choose any rooms!
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank mermaid0065
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here mid March 2018. The weather terrible. The apartment, for the money, was perfect. Clean, quiet and a very good location. 15 minute walk to Vilamoura Marina. Enjoyed it so much we booked again and looking forward to being there in five days time.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Garvetur F, Gerente de relações públicas at Rio Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Mr. Smith ,