5,912 results
All reviews peppers restaurant pool area star hotel deluxe room building work sea view excellent hotel perfect location turn down service birthday cake beach bar bars and restaurants coffee machine breakfast was excellent plenty of sunbeds mini bar public areas
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We was in the Algarve for a week staying in a nearby Hotel. We passed the Tivoli and it stood out to us so as a surprise my partner booked a night for my birthday. Everything was perfect, we was upgraded and treated like Kings and Queens. The rooms were clean and modern and the view of the beach was great. We loved it so much that we decided to stay another night and secured a good deal so again we was very happy! Our experience changed when I noticed some money had gone missing from our room. You may think it's easy to misplace items on holiday but I know for a fact on this occasion I had been stolen from. I opened my birthday cards on the 16th and had £100 in a card from my Mum. I placed my cards and put the 5 £20 notes in my purse. We then went out and the evening of the 17th I checked my purse that I left on the side and noticed £40 was missing. Naturally upset we called the Duty Manger who came up straight away and said she would investigate and speak with us in the morning. In the morning I spoke with a different Duty Manger who explained they had investigated but not found anything. I was thinking to myself did they expect someone to admit what they had done? She then explained to me and I quote "I trust my staff and they have worked there for over 30 years and never had a problem." Insinuating that I'm lying? She said why would someone take £40 that's not a lot of money? There was higher valued objects in the room such as Tag watch, iPads and I phones. I didn't make sense why they would take £40? I was very upset and felt like I wasn't been taken seriously, maybe because we are a young couple or because of the small amount. To me right it right and wrong is wrong and I would have reported a theft of £10. In the end a higher manager was sent to our room and I said to him at the very least can you deduct £40 off my bill so I'm not out of pocket. They said they could do nothing apart from assist me with calling the Police. I left the hotel feeling disappointed with the response I got from the hotel. My advise is make sure you use the safe and don't be a victim no matter how big or small amount it is.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jorge B, General Manager at Tivoli Marina Vilamoura, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear Ms. Scott,
Thank you for your review.
First of all, we apologize for the inconveniences felt during your stay. We are glad to solve every situation that we acknowledge during our guest's stay.
Allow me to inform you that we runned all the internal diligencies once we received your situation and we not found anything.
Please note that we provide a free save in the room for your own use. According to the internal policy the Hotel is only liable for the items in the save.

We truly hope that you return the Hotel for a pleasant stay this time.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

There was building work be done to the left of my room which meant that I couldn't use the balcony due to the noise. I couldn't get signal on my TV for 2 out of the 3 days of my stay. The hair dryer didn't work and the replacement had about as much power as me blowing on my hair. You shouldn't expect these things, especially when you consider the cost.
On a positive the location of the hotel was great and the staff were excellent.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
Jorge B, Manager at Tivoli Marina Vilamoura, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay.
I am sorry to know that your stay did not meet your expectations and we really appreciate your suggestions that will assist us on our continuous improvement process.
Our aim is to exceed our guests expectations and your stay does not reflect the kind of service that we strive to provide. We are making every effort to ensure that this does not happen again.
We truly hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in order to provide you a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Great hotel and location. Rooms are no9ce, views are great and the pool area is great as well. Checking in took far too long so you need to get some technology or more staff at busy times at it is UNACCEPTABLE!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Mr. Matt G,
Thank you for your honest feedback.
We are deeply sorry to know that your experience fell short of your expectations. I would like to inform you that we thank you all the given information as we do want to improve each day with our guest’s suggestions.
I hope that the situation did not spoil the overall experience or your opinion about our destination.
We truly hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you once again, meet your expectations and hopefully to have you as a loyal guest.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Generous room with balconies over looking the seafront ot marina OR both. Very easy access to the beach or Marina. Great hospitality and service. Loads of eateries to chose from within a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Very clean. Book airport transfer to save some € for a well deserved drink!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
We’re thrilled to have met your holiday expectations and thank you for recommending our property.

Your lovely words are very rewarding as we work every day to improve our offer and we stay very happy and delighted to read that you had an incredible experience!
We look forward to being able to welcome you back on your next stay in the Algarve.
Best regards from sunny Vilamoura,

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We stayed at the hotel when our plane could not land at Maderia and was diverted to the Tivoli We were very lucky to be allocated this hotel which was 5 star and well deserved.Very comfortable and excellent location. We will return!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Mr. Ian M,
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay.
Our aim is always to provide a first class service and our professional and dedicated team does everything in order to provide our guests a memorable stay. It is good to know that our continuous improvement efforts are recognized.
We hope to welcome you back soon in a different situation in order to show you our services and benefits.