2,786 results
All reviews pirate ship side sea view glass bathroom pool area star hotel lovely hotel junior suite tea and coffee half board plenty of choice per day short walk to the marina breakfast and dinner sun loungers steam room nespresso machine pool towels
Reviewed 22 May 2018

We had originally booked another accommodation but were so dissapointed that we found this hotel on an online booking company, booked and arrived here within an hour (just in time for check in).

Reception staff were very friendly and promptly showed us to our superior large double room with sea view. The beds were bigger than standard 'SUPER KING beds' and very comfortable. Bedrooms were great with a lovely modern bathroom with glass and mirrors all around. There was an open view into the bedroom from the bathroom but there is an electric blind which you can pop up and down for privacy if you like.

Sound proofed rooms were brilliant as you never heard the neighbouring bedrooms. Maid service was perfect. Bottled water provided daily and a mini bar if you like and clean towels.

The pool and gardens were nice too. The pool bar was little pricey but expected in a hotel - beer and diet coke 10 euros, Cider and Cocktail 15 euros. Toastie and fries 12 euros.

We booked bed & breakfast - the breakfast was outstanding, catering to all tastes, even a bottle of fizz if you liked, gluten free bread rolls etc.....

Easy walk into the marina from here and the beach is outside the front garden - perfect.

My only negative comment would be that the hotel needs to have a 'no saving sunbed' policy as some very selfish people would put towels on the beds near the pool and not even arrive until 2-3 hrs later or go out for lunch for hours and expect their beds and towels still to be there. Pool staff should remove them if unattended for more than half hour to give others a chance....they are the hotels towels anyway so people cannot complain. We heard a couple of disputes where people told others that they had 'their sunbeds'...the cheek of them!!!

Cannot wait to stay here again though.....

Room Tip: Marina view as the sun sets at that side, so your balcony will be nice for chilling
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
GM_CP_Vilamoura, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear guest,

Many thanks for staying with us and sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and wonderful holiday experience staying at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve.

Please know that your feedback regarding 'no saving sunbeds' is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to to improve the guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Appaling customer service when this is supposed to be a 5 star hotel.

I booked the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura through hotelquickly at noon on the 22nd of May.

I arrived the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura at 13.00 on the 22nd of May. The lady at the front desk of the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura could not find my booking. She said that (a) I could not check in until the hotel could find my booking on the system; and (b) the only lady who could find my booking on the system was the reservations manager who would not arrive until 14.00.

I sat down in the lobby and waited for one hour for the reservations manager. The reservations manager   introduced herself to me when she arrived and said that her name was Innes and she would look for my booking. Innes came back 5 minutes later and said that she had found my booking.

To find a customer booking should be a simple process that can be carried out by any member of your reception team.

You are supposed to be a 5* hotel and it is outrageous that a customer should be kept waiting for 1 hour because the only person who could find my booking was a reservations manager who was not at work when I arrived during normal office hours.

I made this complaint to the general manager. He said the reservations manager found reservation when she arrived at 14.00 because hotelquickly sent the my booking confirmation to the hotel shortly before 14.00. This is a lie. I attach an email from hotelquickly which proves that they sent confirmation of my booking to the hotel at noon which is the time that I made the booking. This is outrageous customer service. There should have been no need for me to wait 1 hour for the reservations manager to arrive even if the booking turned out to be for the wrong date.

I consider that you should offer a complimentary stay for this incredibly appaling customer service when this is supposed to be a 5 star hotel.

3  Thank Excursion553948
GM_CP_Vilamoura, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for your review. I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

Again, thank you for your preference, and if we can be of assistance to you, please contact us directly at geral@cpvilamoura.com.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at Vilamoura previously with work so decided to book a short recharge break for my wife and I . I decided to book a package break due to the short time we were staying .

The check in was quick and our luggage was swiftly taken to our room. Our room we booked was for twin beds as this was all that was left , this was sorted and we had a double room with a beautiful bathroom with walk in shower. The pool area is immaculate with a long pool , plenty of comfortable sun loungers .

All staff are polite and professional and will do anything to help .

We love this hotel hence the 5 stars Iv given

1  Thank barriew2189

Dear guest,

I am thankful you shared with us your wonderful experience at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and I am glad that our facilities met your expectations and that the staff left a wonderful impression on you.

Our team will be looking forward to welcome you back again and it will be our greatest pleasure to create another ultimate 5 Star stay for you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2018

We have just returned from a wonderful holiday at the Crown Plaza.

The hotel was lovely, clean and very comfortable. I have special dietary requirements and the staff were very helpful and made sure that I received all the ‘free-from’ foods that I had requested.

The glass wall between the bedroom and bathroom was strange as this gave a direct view of anyone on the toilet from the bedroom. Fortunately there was a blind that could be lowered, which I feel most people would prefer.

There were only two negatives. The first was a very simple one that the hotel could easily resolve. The system for collecting towels for the pool involved obtaining them from reception. Unfortunately this could involve a lengthy wait behind guests checking in or out. Surely they could be collected from the poolside.

The second was the evening meal at the restaurant. We were booked in for half board and although the food and staff were good, the menu was identical every day. There were no specials and they had not yet started their summer buffet. This became very boring as the menu was very small and limited. As we now know that there are lots of very good restaurants quite close to the hotel, I would never book half board again.

1  Thank EXPLORER008
GM_CP_Vilamoura, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your comments are greatly appreciated. We hope to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura should your travels bring you back to Vilamoura.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Booked this hotel for a week in May; the room was a good size with a very comfortable bed. Bathroom was adequate and had a decent sized shower. The room was advertised as side sea-view, which it was if you pushed your chair to the furthest left point of the balcony and lent over!... Because of the positioning of the hotel rooms there is only really one block which you could honestly say have a sea-view and these are the premium rooms facing the beach; all other rooms either face east or west and so have the sun up until 11am or from 2pm until dusk depending upon which side you are allocated; either way with only one balcony chair and a view of other apartments or the carpark I wouldn't plan to sit there of an evening!
the Hotel staff were in the main pleasant, professional and accommodating. The breakfast buffet was very good with a huge selection on offer from freshly cooked-to-order omelettes to fresh ripe fruit and cereal.
The pool and grassed surrounding areas were very nice and there is poolside bar available where drinks and snacks can be ordered or simply order from one of the many staff which are to hand. The hotel is clean and maintained well; with plenty of space both in and out.
One observation which can be a pain in many hotels, but not directly the fault of the hotel is number if ignorant and selfish guests that insist on getting up at the crack of dawn and draping their towels, shirts and other possessions over the closest sunbeds to the pool and then disappearing until the afternoon basically rendering the seating unobtainable for anyone who actually wants to spend time at the pool. I am aware of many hotels which discourage this type of pathetic activity and I would recommend this hotel does the same for the benefit of its more educated guests. People pay a lot of money to come to hotel such as this and this and I find it difficult to believe there are still idiots that adopt this approach. A simple option for the hotel to take to alleviate this, as they have so many staff already monitoring umbrella use, would be to: a) notify all guests upon arrival to discourage this practice and b) should any sun lounger be unoccupied for more that say 2 hours then all debris left be boxed and held in lost property for collection when perpetrator returns often many hours later.
The hotel is only a short walk from the Marina where there are some very nice restaurants offering a wide selection of food at reasonable prices.
The price of snacks and drinks at the hotel itself is a bit pricey; as an example €8 for two lattes, €14 for small hotdog with crisps and €10+ for a very ordinary G&T... just thought this is a bit OTT being even higher process that London!
All that aside... and ignoring the few "spoilers", the hotel, its staff, food and rooms are recommended.

Room Tip: Sea-view & sun on the balcony? then the only choice are premium rooms facing the beach; ALL rooms are partial sea-view with limited sun.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
GM_CP_Vilamoura, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience staying with us. It is great to read how much you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and that the outstanding service provided by our team members contributed to your overall hotel experience. We take feedback seriously and will make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

We value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose us for the future travel needs.