“Very good food and friendly service”
Review of Traverse House

Traverse House
Reserve with
Traverse House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 125 Restaurants in Hoofddorp
Price range: US$7 - US$31
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We (3 adults) visited here on a Sunday evening following a recommendation. The restaurant runs a free taxi service to and from the local hotels which is a decision maker when it comes to choosing where to eat since the hotels around Hoofdorpp are not within easy walking distance of the centre when it's raining quite hard.
The restaurant specialises in steaks but also has a limited choice of vegetarian and gluten free meals but as far as gf food goes meat (or grilled fish is on the menu too) and salad is fine.
The steaks and lamb chops were served well with lightly roasted potatoes in cut into small chunks and a small salad. I had a slightly larger salad since I don't eat potatoes and this was no problem to accommodate. We had ice cream and banana split between us afterwards and it was all presented very nicely.
The staff were very friendly and worked to our pace pretty much. The restaurant was very busy and the atmosphere good.
The prices averaged around €21 for the main course and €6 for sweet. Drinks were €2.40 for a soft drink and €5 for a beer, again on average.
We enjoyed our meal at the restaurant and don't think anyone would go away unhappy from an evening spent here.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

When spending the night near Schiphol I stay at the Hampton Schiphol in Hoofddorp. Traverse House picks up and delivers to and from your hotel at no charge.

I've been there three times and each time was a great meal.

Service can be a bit slow depending on how busy they are but it's not bad. This kitchen is great and the food is above whatever else you'll find nearby.

The lamb chops are actually the best I've ever had. Done to perfection and very, very tasty. Served with potatoes and a small salad, it's a meal. The pasta with shrimp and fresh cream is also very good and a favorite of mine.

The desert menu is more than adequate, drinks are fair and the local brews are very nice.

Give it a try when you are in the neighborhood. You won't be disappointed. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

While staying at a hotel close to AMS airport I wanted a quick meal close enough to walk to. I was pleasantly surprised when i found this delightful little restaurant called Traverse House. Excellent meal, great service, casual and inviting atmosphere. Will definitely come back when in the area.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

My meal was fantastic
I had Lentil soup to start , with a touch of lime
A perfect steak ! Followed by a chocolate mousse for dessert
I was staying at the Best Western , they sent a car to pick me up and brought me back to Hotel for free !!
Did I mention a glass of Malbec ....

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

A really nice restaurant in Hoofddorp, Holland. Very good food (italian chef). Vert nice and friendly staff. A place I highly recommend.