All reviews beer garden lahn internet german town
Reviewed 10 October 2017

As this was also one of ours one night stop when road tripping through Germany we only stayed one night. Hotel is a bit away from the city center but if you wanted you could take a bus or a cheap taxi there. Parking isn't very good if it's busy, as it's situated a long the hotel where the road goes as well.But none the less the hotel gives you a warm welcome and staff is super polite. Rooms are very clean and and comfortable. Staff didn't seem to speak much English but with my bad German and their bad English we managed to communicate. We did not eat at the hotel even though the menu looked very nice. We decided to head to a local pub we told was close by in the village. It's probably the pub I've been to! It didn't look much from the outside but had an amazing beer garden, nicely decorated with relaxed and attentive staff. The BEST schnitzel I have ever had! I'm a chef and It's was in the top 10 meals I have ever had. We also tried some of the local spirits they had to offer. And at 10pm they started a cinema screening( in German of course) as a bonus. In the morning we had a nice standard breakfast and headed off. This is probably a hotel aimed for more seasoned people and a longer stay but worked for us when just stopping over.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights in May, we were visiting family who live in Limburg which is only 10 minutes drive away, we have stayed in Limburg before and fancied a change. The hotel was lovely, very comfortable beds, clean and spacious. Great breakfast. Continental but also boiled, fried eggs and omelettes, sausages. Staff friendly enough. We had rooms on the 3rd floor but there is a lift. There is a bar and beer garden front and back at the side of the hotel. OK for free parking. Hotel is right at the end of Weiherstrasse. Quiet, even if there is a party being held at the hotel it doesn't keep you awake. Very close to the centre which is really pretty, lots of cafe's shops and lovely scenery, houses on the hills, castle. There was a flea market on the weekend were there, it is only on once a year, seemed decent stuff that was on sale, nice to have a wonder round. Worth a visit to Limburg which is a bigger town but again very nice. Internet in the room not fantastic. Breakfast is charged separately about 7 Euro but worth it. There is a fridge in the room but beware each item is priced between 1-4 Euro. There is a kettle with tea/coffee/sugar (no milk)

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor, one room at the front and one at the back, both ok.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2016

I just needed an overnight stay somewhere close to Limburg an der Lahn town, which is very close. The hotel is in a very quiet part of town Diez, has good parking possibilities and nice (slightly out of date) and clean rooms. The personnel could be more helpful, they seemed a bit bored. I would recommend the attached restaurant Zum Hecker. Breakfast is good and delicious with fresh pastries and vegetables - please see my pictures.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Lennigan
Reviewed 2 September 2016

Following my visit I realised I had left a pair of reading glasses somewhere in the room. Since then I have rang, and the staff checked he room twice until they had found them! From there they were very cooperative, and kept me in contact dry closely until they were returned to me! The staff are excellent, and can communicate very clearly, even in English.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2016

Located in a quiet street, the decoration of the rooms is somewhat old fashioned, although very spacious.
The internet does not work very well ( I was there a few times already and always difficult to connect and slow...)
Friendly personnel, especially in the restaurant.
Excellent price/quality ratio.